PDA

View Full Version : First time going...

Wonderbyrd
05-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone! I am going to disneyland in the beginning of july. I am probably going by myself. I have a few questions. when you purchase your ticket does that cover the cost of the rides or will i need to purchase something else??:confused: I noitced in the info about the rides and stuff on this site it says that you need a c ticket for some or say an a ticket. What is that exactly? Also can anyone please let me know who much the mickey ears are? Thanks!

yellowrosedtxn
05-19-2006, 06:14 PM
The adult Mouse ears are 11.50 and the infant ones are 10.50.

As far as the ticket goes, you buy a park ticket (or hopper) and that gets you on all the rides. It also allows you to use the fast pass system. If I am wrong, then someone on this board will correct me.

Shinku
05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
When you buy your ticket it includes all the rides for the park. You can buy a ticket for Disneyland only, a ticket for Disney's California Adventure only, or what's called a Parkhopper ticket which will allow you to visit both parks on the same day.

Before the 1980's I believe (someone correct me on this please, I can't remember the exact timeframe) there was a ticketing system in place where you bought a ticket into the park and then bought ticket books from little booths within the park to ride the rides. The tickets were labled A through E, with A being the stupid rides nobody really wanted to do anyway and E being the really good rides that people would want to do over and over.

Wonderbyrd
05-19-2006, 06:28 PM
thanks you so much for the info.. I feel alittle bit better about everything.. now if i can find a cheap hotel/motel to stay at.:)

cfitz/pirates
05-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi

If you are looking for a cheep hotel we have always stayed at the red roof inn its on Disneyway only about a 5 min walk or you can take the ART shuttle.

chrisaustx
05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
For cheap hotel ideas, I would check out the Travelodge on Katella, the Extended Stay America property, which is on the ART shuttle and within walking distance. People have gotten cheap rooms at the nicer hotels off priceline before, but since you are going in July, probabbly not much chance of that. The cheapest in the area is the Motel 6, Anaheim Stadium, parking at night there is always full, but it is a 5 min. drive by car to the resort. I stayed there last July for $48 a night.
So check out:
www.travelodge.com
www.extendedstayamerica.com
www.motel6.com
The cheapest price I was able to find for July was Motel 6, $63 for one night, this was at the Anaheim Stadium Location.
I hope this helps.

darph nader
05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone! I am going to disneyland in the beginning of july. I am probably going by myself. I have a few questions. when you purchase your ticket does that cover the cost of the rides or will i need to purchase something else??:confused: I noitced in the info about the rides and stuff on this site it says that you need a c ticket for some or say an a ticket. What is that exactly? Also can anyone please let me know who much the mickey ears are? Thanks!

Where the heck did you get your "info? :eek: Just out of curiosity?:confused: Wow! Nothing against you,but a,c,and E tickets went out 'before the internet ever was a dream (i think)'.The price of M.M.ears are right on though.I'm jealous.I've done D/L solo once(for a few hrs at least,a long nap). Have FUNNN!:cool:

potzbie
05-20-2006, 09:20 AM
If you wish to prepare, then you should get your hands on one of the popular tour books.
Buy either the OFFICAL GUIDE or the UNOFFICIAL GUIDE to the Disneyland Resort.

They will fill in the gaps for your questions.
Your questions are identical to those answered in the books.
e.g., where to stay cheaply.
e.g., admission fee.
e.g., weather.
e.g., shopping.

There have not been ticket rides since the end of ticket books.

(An "E-ticket ride" is an obsolete reference to the old pricing method of Disneyland, where an admission ticket book included COUPONS marked "A" thru "E", applicable to certain "rides and attractions." Astronaut Sally Ride said the the space shuttle take off was an E-ticket experience. So, we know Sally Ride had gone to DL about 20 or 30 years ago.)

Your data is 20 or 30 years behind the times.
Hence my recommendation.
Just to play it safe, let me mention this.

There is NO MORE:
• flying saucers
• house of tomorrow
• hall of chemistry
• living desert
• mule pack train

Susan L
05-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I noitced in the info about the rides and stuff on this site it says that you need a c ticket for some or say an a ticket. What is that exactly?

A, B, C, D, and E tickets are old school. You were only able to go on the rides once, unless you had more tickets for a certain ride class. Now you have a parkhopper or one park admission ticket that gets you on all the rides as many times as you want.

disneyperson
05-20-2006, 12:08 PM
thanks you so much for the info.. I feel alittle bit better about everything.. now if i can find a cheap hotel/motel to stay at.:)
I'd try to book one across the street on Harbor Blvd. Most have free parking so you'd be saving ten bucks right off the top and a lot of them have free breakfast too.
How exciting to be going for the first time! Make sure you get someone to show you how to use the fastpass system. There's usually a CM by the machines that will answer your questions. They'll take pictures of you with the characters too so remember your camera.:D

Wonderbyrd
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Where the heck did you get your "info? :eek: Just out of curiosity?:confused: Wow! Nothing against you,but a,c,and E tickets went out 'before the internet ever was a dream (i think)'.The price of M.M.ears are right on though.I'm jealous.I've done D/L solo once(for a few hrs at least,a long nap). Have FUNNN!:cool:

Actually info i found about the a, c and e tickets was from this site.. I reading info about the rides and it was talking about them... sorry i confused anyone. Thanks for all the info on everything. I can't wait til i get to go!!! :)

tink1234
05-20-2006, 07:21 PM
For budget sake stay at the Park Vue directly across the street. It has a free continental breakfast and an IHOP directly next to it. (A McDonald's, too if I remember right) Have a great trip!

bradk
05-20-2006, 09:54 PM
although IHOP isn't exactly for the budget minded. but then again, not many of the restaurants on harbor are.

it's better if you help define what cheap means to you.

there are a ton of motels/hotels on Harbor which are across from the pedestrian gate and makes them well within walking distance (even closer than DLH) and they range in prices and quality. Park Vue Inn is pretty much right across from the gate but is actually one of the more expensive options (but that isn't saying much either). if you make reservations in a timely manner, you'll do well for yourself.

more than 3 months out, i've had hojo for $50/night and carousel for $60/night. with one month to go, I had tropicana for about $100/night and Park Vue was $90 for some of those nights.

a few of them take the entertainment rate (with restrictions), so don't forget that option. hojo actually opens up the whole year to the entertainment rate - they also have discounts for AP holders or a mousesavers discount rate.