PDA

View Full Version : Magic Music Days Trip Report

PirateSmile
05-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Overall it was fun, but four days of non-stop tourism does get tiring! (If this doesn't make much sense forgive me, I'm still having some major altitude sickness.)

First day: Magic Mountain. It's fun for a few hours until you ride all of the rides. Cloudy in the morning, but as the day went on it was probably the hottest day we were there. Got to the hotel at about 8 PM. We stayed at Embassy Suites by Medieval Times. It has the prettiest pool area and the best continental breakfast! But the rooms were a bit dirty and nothing too special. One of my friends' rooms smelled like tobacco. We were rarely there anyways so it didn't really matter.

Second day: Disneyland/DCA :D. Again, cloudy in the morning and hot in the afternoon/evening. This day was our workshop portion. We were in a nice, air-conditioned recording studio (ah.) We sight-read a few Disney songs under the instruction of a guy who directed the music for the traveling productions of Beauty and the Beast, My Fair Lady, and others. We played a song a few times, and then recorded it. After the song was recorded we watched it played back to the scene that the music was designed for. The songs we played were selections from Atlantis, The Emporer's New Groove, and Fantasia 2000. Why he let us play the Fantasia song, I will never know. (We were BAD.)

Third day: Still Disneyland/DCA. Same type of weather. This was our performance day. It was kinda fun walking around backstage, but it would have been even better if we got to walk around backstage without our heels on! We encountered Merlin back there, counting us off one by one. Performance went well, not many people were there to watch, but why would you be watching a school band when you're in Disneyland? Watched Fantasmic and the fireworks show this night.

Fourth day: Hollywood/Rodeo Drive/Farmers Market/Santa Monica: Nicest day, it was sunny when we woke up. Hollywood was fun, grabbed some good ice cream. Rodeo Drive was depressing. People are paying over 500 bucks for a pair of slippers and 20,000 dollars for a fur coat while there's people digging through trash cans less than a mile away? Farmers Market for lunch. Rode around on the tram with my friends to rest our feet a bit. Just slept on the beach for the majority of our time at Santa Monica, but it was a fun place too. I want to go back there someday. I got searched at LAX because I forgot to discard my wallet, which had a metal button on it. That was fun. :rolleyes:. Departed for Seattle about 10 PM. It was a good trip :)

gimp_boy76
05-19-2006, 11:01 PM
just wanted to say nice report! and I know what you mean about Rodeo, at one point I had contemplated living in LA (I have a BS as a Sound Engineer) but one trip and all those egos, I couldn't handle it, especially when I almost got ran off the road on Mulholland by someone who obviously had so much money he couldn't be bothered with safety.