PDA

View Full Version : Space with lights on, old vs. new

oohykitten
05-19-2006, 12:31 PM
On Mother's Day I really feel I got a special gift from my son that past away in that I got to ride Space lights on. A total life long dream of mine. Now my question is, those that have ridden it before and now, how much does the inside building look alike?

MileHighAko
05-19-2006, 12:52 PM
How'd you get to do that?

oohykitten
05-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Long story short, we got stopped in Zone 11 :) and they turned on the lights, I took a few pictures as we waited. The CM cycled us with the lights on, when we got the loading area we were told to wait and we could ride it again. We were down no more then five mins.

Another Dimension
05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
With the lights on.. it looks much different now.

The room now with the flashing lights between the 1st and 2nd lifts, is all clean and completely 'show worthy' now. In the past, hidden by the near darkness, that room was a mess with the lights on, and in no way show worthy without the darkness.

The non-Vekoma track structure and the newer generation supports look different too...
and also there are now all those FX rings around the track in various places, for Rock It Mtn.

The new and longer re-entry tunnel looks a lot like how the old room between the 1st and 2nd lifts looked. Plain, stark and almost bare with the lights on... except there are those shiny strips on the walls for the lighting FX trails.

From what I've seen.. the various catwalks and staircases look and are laid out differently than in the past as well.

Omnitographer
05-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Found a video of the old vers with the lights on
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1VR_wn2QP8Q&search=Space%20Mountain

oh, and talking bout space mountain, do all the seats have 2 per row with those lap bars? because my rather long legs just dont quite fit in the lap bar. i tend to avoid sm because if i ride it i end up with bruised kneese.

jswtsang
05-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Is Zone 11 on the left hand side? I was there on Mother's day and my b/f and I were deciding to go left or right in line, we picked the "wrong" line as the left one started going and boarding and we were stuck waiting, then we got called up at the last second for the 2nd set of cars. The car before us went up and to the left and people were sitting there looking confused, so we thought we had picked the "right" car, since we didn't get stuck, when we came out for photos, there were two cars with no photo. This was right after they took the special car for assistance to the left. It's cool how the track can move! Were you there just before 6PM? That's when I saw that happen!
jt

MrsPooh
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
The video is cool, but it just isn't the same with the lights on! :p

Although, given the chance, I'd ride it that way too! ;)

ministrychick77
05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
i'm too scared to go on it with the lights off.... if they were on i think i could handle it. that, and it looks more fun!

danyoung
05-23-2006, 06:42 AM
On Mother's Day I really feel I got a special gift from my son that past away in that I got to ride Space lights on.

Sorry to pry, but I'm curious as to what the ride on Space has to do with your late son???

oohykitten
05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
So just silly stuff, he was named after Disneyland, Harbor for a middle name. He died on 11-11 @3:11 his plot was 311, and his brick that was placed the friday before Mothers Day goes to gate 11 at Disneyland, then to have my biggest Disney wish come true and get stuck in zone 11...just left a little extra smile with me. It was just one of those moments I can't explain, but it was beyond cool.

danyoung
05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Most interesting - thanks for sharing!

oohykitten
05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I know I am strange :) and long winded, sorry.