PDA

View Full Version : Just a day of bizarre ride timings

nightdesigns
05-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Decided to stop by the park Wednesday Evening about 7 to get a few rides in before closing.

First stop was space mountain. Nice short 10 minute wait. We did get fast passes but never ended up using them, there was no line on either side. I was about 3 cars away from loading and they had loaded up the special access car. They made room and slid it over, then slid it back. okay ... Next car passes, they slide it over again and then back. Go figure.

Next ride was Indy. It was going to be a less than 10 minute wait until we were next to board and then who knows what happened. I was waiting on the left loading area and there was no jeep. The right had a jeep in the seat belt check area, another in the loading area, and one in the wait to unload area. They were all stopped. up ahead where you'd make the right turn to the doors, strobe lights were flashing and I could see another jeep coming in from the storage area. Cool I thought, adding another probably because the parade just ended. They finally get the jeeps going again, it took a few cycles on the right side to get a jeep to come to the left side. We are moving, we make the right turn, and there's the previous jeep sitting in the doorway that you go through. They move up the hill, lights dim, doors close. Maybe I'll get to see the doors move, nah. Doors open back up, we drive into the doorway and stop. Then we start moving up the hill towards the "don't look into the eyes", but it's not even lit up or saying anything. As soon as we turn the corner it starts up, go figure. The entire timing of the ride seemed off. Awkward pauses, snake was late, fireball was late, sitting in the dark for 10-15 seconds at a time. The kicker was when the boulder is rolling down. Well, we come around the corner the jeep stops early, and we could see it going backwards, resetting. As soon as it was in place the jeep pulls up and does it's normal thing. And when we pulled back into loading area we were held up again as they were putting a jeep back into the storage area.

Then we went on slash. It was listed as a 5 minute wait and we were doing well until the last turn before the loading area. They decided to send an entire round of logs around with no one on them. That held us up for about 10 minutes.

And finally Pooh. We were about to get on and the car pulls up and there's people still on it. They tell us to wait for the next. Same with the next. Next one comes up and the doors aren't open. Had to get on the next one after that (and they were only loading the front car, not the rear car.

A very bizarre 2 hours.

annalisa
05-19-2006, 11:03 AM
i was in disneyland last month and i had some weird problems with indy too.

mostly just the timing was off. for example, instead of the jeep dying in the dark room, it died in the middle of the room with the skeletons shooting air at you. and as we were crossing the bridge, instead of speeding up at the very beginning, we stopped in the middle and then sped up.

Uncle Remus
05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I think there are different sound tracks and timings for that ride. I have been stopped in both places many times.

wriley
05-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Indy ride is completly random. the entire ride is random. The door at the begining. Most the dialog. The places the jeep stalls and for how long. They should all change every time. But you should not ever see any of the effects reseting