PDA

View Full Version : Fast Passes

dcsh
05-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Are fastpasses still be honored past the window. In othewords, once the start time is effective, you can still use the fastpass anytime during the day? It was working this way in October and I was still wondering if it was the same? Does anyone have ideas as to what fastpasses run out first? Thanks for all yoru help.

Quinten27
05-19-2006, 10:45 AM
When I was there in March, I had no problem using an "expired" fastpass, as long as it was from the same day. Space Mountain and Indiana Jones fast passes seem to go the quickest.

littlebugg
05-19-2006, 11:13 AM
The FP worked all day for us 2 weeks ago, as it so happens, there was an attendant at the Indy FP machines that was explaining to a guest how he supposedly collects FP's all day to use at night..."that's what I do" I remember hearing him say. And we never had a problem even when our FP's for Space had expired about 7 hours before.

Also one time a CM let us on 5 minutes early for Soarin', so I would say they are pretty nice about letting you slide.

MileHighAko
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Last year we went to get on splash mountain at 8:30 PM and the attendant told us we had to wait another hour since our Fast Pass return time was 9:30. I pointed out to him the fast pass time was 9:30 AM, not PM, and he laughed and said, "well alright then, come on in!"

That was our strategy as well. In the morning we collect Fast Passes to use later in the day. If the line is less than 10 minutes, we get a Fast Pass, then wait in line, and use the Fast Pass later that evening. In the mornings the return time is generally less than the two hour "wait" time, so we can gather up a bunch before lunch and use them in the afternoon, evening.

cosmicjive
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
They ignore the expiration time. I think it may actually be "the rule." However, it's always possible that you might get a cast member who doesn't know any better and tries to enforce the expiration time. It's never happened to me, but I've heard that it does happen.

-Jeff

PJTinkerbell
05-19-2006, 01:17 PM
We had fastpasses for Space Mountain and tried to go 15 MINUTES early. No way! The lady told me to come back in 15 minutes. Then I asked her for a rider switch pass for my husband who was with my 10-month old over by the entrance to Pizza Port. She made me walk down and get him and prove that I had a reason for a rider switch. I was a little irritated, but I was o.k. with it. I think it depends on who you get.

bradk
05-19-2006, 01:23 PM
there's nothing wrong with that.

late fastpasses are honored, but early returns are not. that's nothing new.

cosmicjive
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
We had fastpasses for Space Mountain and tried to go 15 MINUTES early. No way! The lady told me to come back in 15 minutes. Then I asked her for a rider switch pass for my husband who was with my 10-month old over by the entrance to Pizza Port. She made me walk down and get him and prove that I had a reason for a rider switch. I was a little irritated, but I was o.k. with it. I think it depends on who you get.

Yeah, they won't let you on early. It's only the ending time that they don't enforce. But they always enforce the starting time.

kimmybear
05-20-2006, 03:56 PM
The FP worked all day for us 2 weeks ago, as it so happens, there was an attendant at the Indy FP machines that was explaining to a guest how he supposedly collects FP's all day to use at night..."that's what I do" I remember hearing him say.

how does the "enhanced fastpass" from AAA work in collecting fastpasses during the day? i heard you can only have one FP per attraction at a time. can you get another one after two hours pass and collect them that way? :D

Canadiana Jones
05-20-2006, 08:09 PM

I think we encountered the same cast member when we were there last August. I think the lady at Space Mountain was the head of the FPIA or something (Fast Pass Intelligence Agency). She was only doing her job, but it was the only ride where minutes became an issue upon fast pass return. Oh well, I can't complain, I was fortunate enough to be at the happiest place on earth!

bradk
05-20-2006, 09:34 PM
how does the "enhanced fastpass" from AAA work in collecting fastpasses during the day? i heard you can only have one FP per attraction at a time. can you get another one after two hours pass and collect them that way? :D

2 hours at the latest, or whenever the FP return window comes, whichever comes first. there's a time printed at the bottom of the FP that will tell you when you can obtain the next one for that attraction, but enhanced FP will let you obtain FPs for other attractions without such a restriction, whereas you normally can't do that unless a FP-enabled attraction is 'disconnected.'

kimmybear
05-20-2006, 09:40 PM
2 hours at the latest, or whenever the FP return window comes, whichever comes first. there's a time printed at the bottom of the FP that will tell you when you can obtain the next one for that attraction, but enhanced FP will let you obtain FPs for other attractions without such a restriction, whereas you normally can't do that unless a FP-enabled attraction is 'disconnected.'

thanks! that's good to hear!

Darkbeer
05-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Here is a very detailed set of info about FASTPASS posted at MP....

http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=fastpass

ToursbabeC3po
05-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Cast members are trained to only worry about the first time...It has always been that way....As for the lady that would not let you in a few minutes early at space that is normal. It is very unusual for them to let anyone in early. I remember one time I was working return and was letting people in 10 minutes early and I got "Coached" by my lead and was told if I was caught doing it again I would be written up because it messes up the stand by line. They only allow a certain amount of fastpasses an hour and it is all calculated so that the line moves smoothly.
The child switch thing is very normal too....You are not supposed to give out switch passes unless you see the child. There has been a lot of abuse in the past that is why they are enforcing that rule. It is too bad because the few that are honest are the ones that have to pay for the cheaters!