PDA

View Full Version : Going June 2007... prices, please!

tink1234
05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Would someone estimate prices for me in June 2007. We spent Christmas in 2004 at GCH concierge and WE LOVED IT!!! We had a 2 bedroom suite, theme park view, which we split with my mom. This coming year we will want to book something similar. We managed to keep our food budget low because of concierge and snacks we brought, but would consider food plans. Please, quote for me your guesstimates. (Is that even a word?!?)

My one fear...I do NOT want to go on a grad night. It would be horrible to pay for GCH and have to leave early for grads.

Please, help, as I plan WAaaaay in advance. Hey, NEVER to early to plan for disney:D :fez: ;)

rentayenta
05-18-2006, 08:06 PM
How many people?

Any kids? What are their ages?

Are you looking for food guesses? Hotel guesses?

tink1234
05-18-2006, 10:35 PM
How many people?
It looks like 5 adults and 4 kiddos.

Any kids? What are their ages?
Ages will be 10, 7, 5 and 3

Are you looking for food guesses? Hotel guesses?
Mainly hotel. Food plans would be good. Our food budget is usually lower than the norm, but I still appreciate quotes. Are food plans worth it? How about if you have concierge? What about Fantasmic!? DH is NOT sold on it.

WITron
05-20-2006, 05:58 AM
Even if you do go when Grad nites are going on it shouldn't affect you too much. yes, they do close earlier than durring latter in the summer where they close at 12 am.

potzbie
05-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Why don't you just ask the hotel directly?

"What is your rate for [kind of room] in June of 2007?"

Hotels will certainly know 13 months in advance what they will charge you today.
How else could they take reservations and quote a rate?
What else could they reply where a guest offers to pay 100% in full up front?

The management will know, and if they do not, they will commit to the current rate for the sake of good will for the guest.

Remember, when vendors, like hotels, change their rates, everybody who committed before the deadline date is frozen at the older, better rate.

(Example: When Disneyland ups its entrance fee, all Annual Passholders do not get dinged. Only at renewal is the new increase ever seen. -- Thus the advantage of getting in the 12-month window now.)

Susan L
05-20-2006, 09:44 AM

I've tried this before with the DLR. It didn't work for me. I was told that the information for a year ahead was unavailable and I would have to call back 6 months ahead. Now I did book our package through AAA and got the infor 8 months ahead. Give it a try you might get lucky.

mowsluver
05-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Tink...

We also are planning on June '07 for a trip! I have always went at the beginning of June and have never had a Grad Night while I was there...also I reserve everything in Jan and have always ended up with great rates on everything. It is right after the holiday travel and too soon for most people to be thinking of summer (except me!). I pick a date and reserve, then if changes need to be made, I always get the same rates.

We cannot go this year because we just made a trip to see my daughter become a Marine, so we want to do a big trip next year!!!

tink1234
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Thank you for your replies! I brought up grad night because we went for a day in 2002; the park closed at 8 or 9. It was my kids first time there and it was in June. We had only gone for a day so it was devestating for them. We had done a character breakfast and got to the park mid-morning. Then we left in the afternoon for lunch and to allow the kids to recharge. When we found out the closing time, we really wished we had changed our schedule for the day, planning more time inside the park. We know now to check and recheck park times and schedules. This is why I am planning this far in advance.

I checked Disney's web site and it won't quote this far in advance. Since it is close to June now....I am hoping someone is going and can quote some prices for me. Disney's web site won't quote for parties over 5. I would think if I called to get quotes for this year it might be a different price because of last minute booking. If I book in advance (6-8 months) I wonder if it would be a slightly different price.

Also, can anyone predict "sales" or discounts?

samkj
05-21-2006, 06:50 AM

Hotels will certainly know 13 months in advance what they will charge you today.
How else could they take reservations and quote a rate?
What else could they reply where a guest offers to pay 100% in full up front?

The DLR hotels are not yet taking reservations for 2007. The 13 month window does not apply to them or many of the neighboring hotels.

rentayenta
05-21-2006, 08:23 AM
It looks like 5 adults and 4 kiddos.

Ages will be 10, 7, 5 and 3

Mainly hotel. Food plans would be good. Our food budget is usually lower than the norm, but I still appreciate quotes. Are food plans worth it? How about if you have concierge? What about Fantasmic!? DH is NOT sold on it.

As far as hotel goes it will be peak season so you are looking at high prices to stay on property- anywhere from $250- $380 per night per room depending on which Disney hotel you choose. Plus it looks like you will need two rooms or maybe a suite- I'd check the price on both. The suite might actually be cheaper.

The dining plan at Disneyland is not like the one at WDW or so I have heard. I don't think it would be beneficial to use DL's plan especially having such young kids who can easily share meals. We plan for $100 a day for food and there is me, DH, and our kids- 9, 7, and 5. That seems to be plenty and easily enough to include treats too.

I wouldn't pay for the F! buffet and here's why: we are not huge dessert people and I don't mind sitting for 2 hours to stake out a good spot while DH takes the kids on rides. If you guys hate to wait and love dessert than the F! seating might be good for you but with a group your size it should be quite easy to take turns holding your spot.

tink1234
05-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the reply! We staked out last time and it was cancelled due to wind.:eek: Although, we did get to catch it another day, I would love to make it up to them next time.

My brother's vacation time doesn't start until June. If we waited until "off season" what would be the earliest date after that to get good rates?