PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Cinderella

Pages : [1] 2

pmover11
05-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Someone's recent post of a special moment between Belle and their daughter reminded me of our experience at Disneyland on Saturday May 6.

We were in line in the animation building at DCA to meet a couple of characters, Chicken Little and Cinderella. We had not seen Cinderella up close during the entire trip, so my 4 and 2 year old daughters were thrilled.

Unfortunately, Cinderella's handler announced that Cinderella and Chicken Little would be leaving, so we wouldn't get to meet them. Upon hearing the announcement, our four year old burst into tears, and it was not over the pending absence of Chicken Little. We tried to explain to our daughter that she would get to meet other characters, but there was no consoling her.

Cinderella caught my wife's eye and motioned for her and my daughter to get out of line to follow her. As soon as that happened, despite the protests of her handler, Cinderella took my daughter's hand and walked with her from the Animation Building up to the cast member entrance/exit outside of Tower of Terror. I saw Cinderella leading my daughter away, and jumped out of line holding the two year old.

Of course, onlookers flocked to Cinderella like paparazzi, but she maintained her grip on my daughter's hand. My daughter simply walked quietly next to Cinderella, beaming up at her every once in a while, probably feeling like a princess herself. When we got to the cast member entrance, the crowd had vanished, and Cinderella took a quick picture with both of our girls.

We left that day, so we didn't get a chance to put in a good word for Cinderella at guest services, but here is a big thank you in the off chance that she reads this board. You made our four year-old's wonderful vacation even more magical.

Mommy2NicknMax
05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh that made me all teary eyed!!! What a great story!

Another Dimension
05-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Wondeful story. :D

The Disney handlers/Character Hosts/Hostesses need to remember and respectfully understand... Cinderella is in charge... she's the Princess.. you are just the help
:p ;)

my2lalas
05-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Such a sweet story---this is why I love Disneyland!

twist1980
05-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Ahhh...you brought tears to my eyes! What a magical moment for your DD! How wonderful of Cinderella to do that, it will be something she will never forget!

blewellen
05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for sharing. You have brought happy tears to my eyes. I love to watch these dreams come true for the little ones at Disneyland. Its just magical!

ChipmunkStar
05-20-2006, 03:33 AM
The Disney handlers/Character Hosts/Hostesses need to remember and respectfully understand... Cinderella is in charge... she's the Princess.. you are just the help
:p ;)

While I love Cinderell for this exact reason, this is sometimes the reason the Hosts get picked on/Yelled at because "She didn't walk with ALL of the children!!!'

So yay Cinderella for being the lovely being that she is, but leave the hosts out of it. They put up with enough WITHOUT having to read about it online. Thanks.

sdfilmcritic
05-20-2006, 07:59 AM
That was super nice of Cindy.

Squeaky
05-20-2006, 10:03 AM
That's wonderful... :) Memories like that are what keeps Disneyland special for us! :)

DizChick45
05-20-2006, 01:11 PM
My husband and I have been hitting the Disney Parks childless in recent years as our only "kid" is in college, but we always take time to watch the character interactions with the little ones. Such a magical feeling even when you don't know the kids who are being completely entranced.

Another Dimension
05-20-2006, 07:03 PM
While I love Cinderell for this exact reason, this is sometimes the reason the Hosts get picked on/Yelled at because "She didn't walk with ALL of the children!!!'

So yay Cinderella for being the lovely being that she is, but leave the hosts out of it. They put up with enough WITHOUT having to read about it online. Thanks.

.........eeeeeeet was a joke! :p

I have known a few Char Hostesses over the years and I was friends with them and I know with character fanatics, some braindead parents and their rude-raised children at times it is a hard job...

But when your paying Guests wait a long time for just a couple minutes with any character... and then the character ends their shift... (at Disney managements discrection, scheduling choices or labor or financial contraints) it completely screws the Guests (and especially their children) who could have and most definitely would have been spending their premium priced time much better.. in some other line.

A line that didn't have the potential of completely wasting their limited park time with absolutely no reward or prize at the end of that wait.

If you wait in a queue for any attraction... that attraction will simply not end it's shift or close down before everyone in line has ridden (or if it broke down, it's cycled out), why do characters get away with that unfair, yet seemingly wholly accepted and Disney controlled, unfriendly Guest behaviour?

bradk
05-20-2006, 09:58 PM
i'd like to note that during my last stay, there are MANY times I'd seen this happen. Yes, I ran into a couple of characters here and there who decided that since the time on the clock ended, that they must be on their way, but the vast majority of them were exceptionally kind, even to me. Many times I would see characters lead the remaining line off to an out of the way corner so they could finish up without more people joining the line, or leading kids off to the exit gate.

conversely, I also witnessed eeyore donkeyhandle a middle schooler.

Another Dimension
05-20-2006, 11:54 PM
conversely, I also witnessed eeyore donkeyhandle a middle schooler.

What happened? :eek:

bradk
05-21-2006, 01:01 AM
it was at the pooh & friends meet & greet. it was a magic music day (or whatever) so the place was teeming with little people. at one point pooh & eeyore came out and they were mobbed by the kids who wanted to hug them and whatever. pooh was okay, but eeyore smacked a kid and then gave one of the CMs like a 'thanks a lot' gesture.

WDW heart
05-21-2006, 10:50 AM
eeyore smacked a kid

Eeyore smacked a kid??? :confused: Really?

Vegitabeta
05-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Eeyore smacked a kid??? :confused: Really?
Is that a lawsuit I see appearing on the horizon?

geoffa
05-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Getting back to Cinderella - this is a tale from that other park -WDW. Mom and her daughter were on their way to breakfast at the castle with Cinderella. The daughter was wearing her Cindy ballgown and tiara but in the rush to get to the castle she caught a foot in the hem of the dress, tripped, fell and grazed her arm. The dress got a little torn and the tiara got broke. The kid was distraught. As Mom booked in the CM asked what had happened and the tale was told. Half way through the meal Cinderella appeared accompanied by a CM carrying a cushion. She told the little girl that she had heard what had happened and so had asked her mice (Jacques & Co) to make a new tiara. There it was on the cushion. Tears were turned into smiles - now THAT is the magic of Disney.

Vegitabeta
05-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Getting back to Cinderella - this is a tale from that other park -WDW. Mom and her daughter were on their way to breakfast at the castle with Cinderella. The daughter was wearing her Cindy ballgown and tiara but in the rush to get to the castle she caught a foot in the hem of the dress, tripped, fell and grazed her arm. The dress got a little torn and the tiara got broke. The kid was distraught. As Mom booked in the CM asked what had happened and the tale was told. Half way through the meal Cinderella appeared accompanied by a CM carrying a cushion. She told the little girl that she had heard what had happened and so had asked her mice (Jacques & Co) to make a new tiara. There it was on the cushion. Tears were turned into smiles - now THAT is the magic of Disney.
That is so cool! :)

jMom
05-21-2006, 08:09 PM
We don't have a Cinderella story, but my daughter "lost" Snow White off the DL RR. It was an action figure and we were both v. tired. As Snow bounced in (I swear) slow motion down the 3 steps of the train, the entire car went "oooh!" and leaned fwd -- too late, I saw her land face-up on the gravel just past the Indian Chief on his horse.

Well, we got off at the next train station and asked if there was ANY way someone could look for her, as she was bright yellow and didn't seem to have landed in the bushes ... I said I totally understood if not. The station master said he'd see what could be done and that I should check in at the Main St. depot in about 2 hours. Three hours later, we stopped by, and the female conductor said something like "Oh, so that was YOU!", went in the office, and ... came out with Snow White!!! Hard to tell who was smiling harder, my daughter or the conductor! The conductor told me they looked for an hour before finding her. I think we set a record for saying "Thank you!" that day! True Disney magic!

WDW heart
05-28-2006, 12:46 PM
We stayed at a cabin at Fort Wilderness when my daughters were 3 & 6. Quinn met Chip and Dale and instantly fell in love. She spent the next week searching for them day and night. We had to go to the bonfire every night because we knew they would be there. They also randomly rode the busses that travel from site to site. One of my great memories of WDW.

Disney Vault
05-28-2006, 03:02 PM
We don't have a Cinderella story, but my daughter "lost" Snow White off the DL RR. It was an action figure and we were both v. tired. As Snow bounced in (I swear) slow motion down the 3 steps of the train, the entire car went "oooh!" and leaned fwd -- too late, I saw her land face-up on the gravel just past the Indian Chief on his horse.

Well, we got off at the next train station and asked if there was ANY way someone could look for her, as she was bright yellow and didn't seem to have landed in the bushes ... I said I totally understood if not. The station master said he'd see what could be done and that I should check in at the Main St. depot in about 2 hours. Three hours later, we stopped by, and the female conductor said something like "Oh, so that was YOU!", went in the office, and ... came out with Snow White!!! Hard to tell who was smiling harder, my daughter or the conductor! The conductor told me they looked for an hour before finding her. I think we set a record for saying "Thank you!" that day! True Disney magic!
I love happy endings :D

Gilliegrl
05-31-2006, 06:03 PM
This is why I love Disneyland!!! I love these stories.

This past April we went to Mickey's morning madness and my 3 yr old was patiently standing in line to see pluto. But it was time for the parade and my girl cried because she was next to see Pluto. As the helper and Pluto started to walk away, Pluto took the second or two to hug my daughter and walk with her towards the show. That made all the difference in the world.

snowsbeau
06-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Disney magic is everywhere. About 6 years ago my nephew asked Ariel if she would join him on the Peter Pan ride. She thanked him but told him that she didn't have "feet?" like humans and could not join him. He was bummed. A couple of weeks later we saw the same CM was Snow White. She saw us as she was coming on stage making her way to the castle on the path near the grotto. She made a big deal about seeing her favorite prince again and took my nephews hand. She asked if he would like to join her for an adventure. She lead him to her attraction. He was so happy. After the ride she gave him big hugs and told him that she would always remember their special time together.
Later that day he made a point of going over to Ariel and letting her know that Snow White went on a ride with him. he still talks about that day.

Genris
06-01-2006, 06:15 AM
I love that sometimes the handler will come down the length of the line and "warn" you that the shift is over in a few minutes, so you can make the decision to leave or hope for the best. At least then I can prepare the kids for the possibility that they might not get to talk to the character that time. I wish some kind of announcement was always the policy.

I'm so happy for your daughter that Cinderella was able to walk with her. What a wonderful memory for all of you. :D

ChipmunkStar
06-01-2006, 07:49 AM
It's supposed to be. Unfortunately, we don't have enough hosts to supply one to each character.