PDA

View Full Version : LAX to Candy Cane Inn-quickest transportation option?

lindymey
05-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Flying in to Lax. Want to get to Candy Cane Inn quickly so we can still get to parks same day. Is there a towncar service that you would recommend or something else? What are prices like?

lindymey
05-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Help, anyone????

Quinten27
05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Well, I always take the disneyland express shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The cost is around $18 roundtrip for adults, the shuttles leave LAX every half and hour, the ride takes maybe 45 minutes, and they will drop you at any of the area hotels. You do not need to make reservations, just wait under one of the green signs outside the LAX baggage claim.

Darkbeer
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
You can find a discount coupon, and the schedule for the Disneyland Express here...

www.airportbus.com

lindymey
05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone know of a reasonable private towncar shuttle for 2?

chrisaustx
05-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Reasonable in LA, :).
Using Super Shuttle, their price from LAX to the Disneyland hotel is $15.
To have your own private Super Shuttle Van, the price is:$92
To have your own private limo the cost is: $103.00
I have had mixed luck with Super Shuttle before, one time the van was packed and it took me 2 hours to get home from the airport. But for $15 the two hour drive was worth it. The $103 for a private limo is not bad either.
Well check out their website:
http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/lax.htm#Sample

lindymey
05-20-2006, 01:45 PM
anyone else?

chrisaustx
05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
I have seen the Mickey Space Ship Shuttle vans at the resort, I did find their webpage, $20 or so per person to your hotel. I am sure it would be quicker than Super Shuttle or the Disneyland Airport Bus.
http://www.mickeysspaceshipshuttle.com/services.html

kimmybear
05-20-2006, 08:29 PM
I have seen the Mickey Space Ship Shuttle vans at the resort, I did find their webpage, $20 or so per person to your hotel. I am sure it would be quicker than Super Shuttle or the Disneyland Airport Bus.
http://www.mickeysspaceshipshuttle.com/services.html

no offense to anyone, but the Mickey Space Ship Shuttle seems a bit sketchy. There doesn't appear to be any timeframes, just a "call and we'll meet you there." i'd pay more for reliability.

chrisaustx
05-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I see their vans all the time in the resort, that is how I found about them.

lindymey
05-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Has anyone used Mickey space shuttle?

stan4d_steph
05-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Has anyone used Mickey space shuttle?Never heard of them.

lindymey
05-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Looks like it will either have to be Disneyland Express or Super Shuttle. Which will be quicker with less stops to Candy Cane Inn and more reliable and do I Make reservations for either and where do I pick them up? Again, if anyone knows a reliable private towncar company, that would be great.

Darkbeer
05-22-2006, 11:38 AM
It depends, the Disneyland Express is on a schedule, it stops once at each of the LAX terminals then heads straight to the Disneyland Hotel, then it drops off at other hotels.

Super Shuttles can drive around the terminals twice looking for passengers, and can make multiple stops before going to the DLR area.

Part of it is luck, but they are about the same.

I prefer the bus for the elbow room factor. Super Shuttle Drivers make more money the more folks they can cram into the van, so usually it is cramped and who knows who you are sitting next to. In the bus, everyone has a chair with arm rest, similar to a large airline seat. If needed, there is a restroom on board (and a chance to stand up and stretch).

So since the bus is cheaper, and the comfort factor, I would go with the Disneyland Express with the $3 off coupon.

But then I would more than likely rent a car if I was landing at LAX and headed to Anaheim.

disneyhound
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Has anyone used Mickey space shuttle?
This is the first I have ever heard of the service. Sounds like it could be a winner! I like the Idea of not stopping at places other than DL area hotels. When we were at DL in January, we used a van service from LAX to Anaheim. Not the SuperShuttle, but the other service (red vans). Even though the van indicated Disneyland, we got off the freeway twice in route to Anaheim, added an hour to our transportation (all the red lights and city traffic); I was not thrilled with that aspect of the service!

We called SuperShuttle for our return to LAX.