PDA

View Full Version : Misprint at Disney.com

Sailor Butterfly
04-23-2002, 06:04 AM
According to them, Splash Mountain is no longer closed! Either that's a misprint, or the staff of MousePlanet has really been slacking off on their reporting!

Not Afraid
04-23-2002, 07:49 AM
I'll be at the park this afternoon and check it out, but I suspect it is just a web administrator asleep on the job.

Gemini Cricket
04-23-2002, 09:38 AM
I fired off an e-mail to them. Let's see what they say. If I get a response, I'll post it.
:)

justagrrl
04-23-2002, 10:05 AM
If you go back in the schedule on the disney site you'll see that there's no reference to splash mountain on the refurbishment schedule at all...even back in Feb and March...for whatever that means. :confused:

Techie7
04-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Maybe the ride is silently closing just like rocket rods. Put it on rehab for a while then slowly remove it and take down the sign. Wouldn't be out of place for disney. And to those who say that they would not just leave an empty show building look no further then Tomorrowland. Just an idea... :D

(Everyone knows I am joking right???)

hefferdude
04-23-2002, 11:39 AM
Was just there Sunday 4/21. Took the a train ride around the park.The entire critter country walking area is dug up. The SM flumes were bone dry. That was 48 hours ago. Can't imagine
it changing much since then.

Disneyfreak
04-23-2002, 04:03 PM
They are just doing that because they are not sure when it will open.
They do this so people wont get their hopes up for june 15th.
I think it will open late june early july

Not Afraid
04-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Not that this is any surprise, but...........Splash was still closed today (so was the Train, IASW, Canoes, SB Castle walk thru, Carousel, and Big Thunder).

Disneyfreak
04-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Be patient it will be worth the wait. Critter Country, and the Big Thunder area will look like new with a new ride. I wouldnt be suprised if they are repaving the sidewalks by Big Thunder. Thats why there is a gate blocking that area.
I also have a hunch they will get rid of everything in Big Thunder Ranch, and build an attraction.

Rallymonkey23
04-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by hefferdude
The SM flumes were bone dry.

Well I saw the flumes today and they were pretty wet due to rain.:D :cool: ;) :p

Darkbeer
04-24-2002, 09:18 PM
The Big Thunder Trail is closed for two reasons... First to do some Bridge work... second, to allow access for the workers doing the BTMR rehab... to allow equipment and workers access to the ride without disturbing guests, as far as I know, no plans are in place to do "repavement" work, such as was done in Fantasyland... of course, once the bridg work is done, they will have to "replace" the asphalt.

Darkbeer
04-25-2002, 12:35 AM
Disney.com now shows the date as May 25th, but I wouldn't count to it... how many times have they changed it already????

Gemini Cricket
04-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
I fired off an e-mail to them. Let's see what they say. If I get a response, I'll post it.
Here's the response from Disney regarding my e-mail:

4/25/2002

Dear Disneyland Resort Guest:

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

We apologize for the misinformation you received from our website. Splash
Mountain is currently down for refurbishment until June 14, 2002. Please be
advised that refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting the Park. We apologize for any
disappointment this may cause.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.  We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your visit will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Diane Elizabeth
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

Check out The Disney Club for discounts on your next Disneyland Resort vacation
by visiting www.disneyclub.com. Only $39.95 gets you a full year of benefits.
Please refer to source code DLEM when ordering.
-------------------------------

There it is. (I love the ad at the end. It's soooo Pressler.)
GC:cool:

I also just checked Disney.com, they have listed Splash Mtn on their refurb schedule again as of today. :)

MonorailMan
04-25-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket

(I love the ad at the end. It's soooo Pressler.)

I was blown away when I saw the Ad when I e-mailed them about 2 months ago. Really takes that personal feeling out of it. :(

Gemini Cricket
04-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Not to beat a dead horse here, but:
I just checked the Disney.com website again. They have May 25th as the day Splash comes off of refurbishment. Despite what the letter says above (June 14th)...
I'm confused.

Here's the link to it:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=5&StartDay=22&StartYear=2002&Stay=10&DLP=DLP&submit.x=45&submit.y=9

Gemini Cricket
04-25-2002, 05:05 PM
I received a correction e-mail, of sorts, just a couple of minutes ago...

Here it is:

4/25/2002

Dear Disneyland Resort Guest:

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

At this time the refurbishment schedule for Splash Mountain is very tentative
and has recently changed. Splash Mountain is currently down for refurbishment and is schedule to open on May 25, 2002. However, this information is subject to change and should be confirmed prior to your visit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.  We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your visit will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Diane Elizabeth
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

Check out The Disney Club for discounts on your next Disneyland Resort vacation
by visiting www.disneyclub.com. Only $39.95 gets you a full year of benefits.
Please refer to source code DLEM when ordering.

------------------------------------

So the earliest Splash may open is May 25th! That's good news.

derraj
04-25-2002, 08:03 PM
We were at DLR from the 21st through the 24th, and there was no mention on the website of the Disneyland RailRoad being down, but on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, the trains weren't running, and the web-site made no mention of this shut down...Any Reason why? :confused:

Darkbeer
04-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Who knows about Disney.com, maybe too many rides are listed in Rehab, and they can't list anymore... They still haven't listed Cosmic Waves, even though it's still on the Disneyland Today Guide Maps..

Maybe they can't list temporary closures. Supposely the DLRR will be closed Mondays thru Thursdays thru mid June.

Anyways, remember what the Disney.com says...

"Please Note: All information is subject to change without notice."

dizneelover
04-26-2002, 12:11 AM
there was water in the flume today and they are running logd through the ride. Strange thing is, the logs have no seats. Stripped out logs!!

Uncle Dick
04-26-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by derraj
We were at DLR from the 21st through the 24th, and there was no mention on the website of the Disneyland RailRoad being down, but on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, the trains weren't running, and the web-site made no mention of this shut down...Any Reason why? :confused:
The DLRR was scheduled to be down from the 15th through the 18th and it did reopen because the MousePad crew rode it on the 21st, but I noticed on Monday that it was back down again. I understand that there was some kind of accident a couple Saturdays ago that caused serious damage to one of the engines. As a result, only one engine was in operation Sunday night which was evidenced by a rather long wait (which was fine because we got to see some of Techie7's WDW video footage and Not Afraid had enough time to run off and buy some socks, but I digress).

There also seems to be a bit of construction going on over by the New Orleans RR station. Green walls were up over the north half of the "old station" buildings which are now used for storage and break rooms. Not Afraid tried to ask a conductor what the deal was, but couldn't seem to get a straight answer. Just the other day, I noticed that some of the green walls had been replaced by more permanent looking wooden fencing. And the saga continues…

Disneyfreak
04-26-2002, 08:57 PM
Maybe they shut down the trains because they had to do something on the track because of Splash Mountain. They might of replaced the glass that looks down on splash mountain in the tunnel.