PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip Report -- How I Saw A Rat At Disneyland! Plus Photos!

Pages : [1] 2

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
We arrived at about 5:00 on Thursday the 11th. Not much time to spend since the park closed at 9. We did our normal routine of walking down Main Street and taking it all in. Of course, I had to walk through Emporium first thing too. That is a MUST in the Heart house! We also went to Candy Palace where I bought all 5 of the rocky roads they had. They were not making it the rest of our trip, so, I had to get it!!! Went to get a locker, because I wasn't hauling around my rocky road. So, that brings up the cost of the rocky road by $6.00 thankyouverymuch!

Friday morning we slept til 11:30. Can you imagine? DL awaits, and we sleep til 11:30. Well, we are on vacation and we need rest, right? :p We get to the park around 1. LOVE having free parking with our new AP's. :) We wander around aimlessly. For some reason we don't ride a lot of rides today, but, we did get on HM (and had done it on Thurs. night too). I like the new bride effect, but, she is so bright in comparison to the rest of the ride, which is pretty muted looking. She's creepy too! I liked the new stuff, but, she kinda creeps me out folks!! (I guess that is the whole point!)

Friday at 6:00, we meet mi_mous (Stephanie) and her hubby and 2 ADORABLE kiddos for dinner at Whitewater Snacks and then for fireworks. They are so great. SO nice. She and I chat on Yahoo quite a bit, and she was exactly who I expected her to be. A real honey. Her son was calling me Auntie Neenie which I love...I will be anyone's auntie if they want me! ha! They staked out a fantastic spot in front of the castle for fireworks. I'd never watched them from that spot and they were outstanding. After we watched fireworks, we went to the Jungle Cruise where they showed us the most hilarious thing they do to the poor unsuspecting people on the JC. They stand at the exit area of Indy and when the JC boat comes to the area, they part the bamboo and scream at the passengers! It was HILARIOUS! My hubby hopped right in and did it with him. That is SO up his alley! haha! At that point, when we were in that area...we came across tmptink (aka Teresa). Met her hubby too. They were VERY nice people. We only had a few minutes to spend, but, we chatted and she was a honey. I was so happy that I had the chance to meet her. Her whole family was on Indy at the time, so, when they came out I met them all and we went our separate ways. At least now I know who she is in the Hearts! :) I can put a face to her name.

We rode JC with the mi_mice and that was fun. After we got off the ride, my hubby was getting a bottle of water at the stand that is right there and that is when I saw the BIG FAT RAT!!!!!!!! Yes, a RAT! A big one! (If anyone watches the Simpsons....my hubby called him a "Pointy Kitty" as Ralph called a rat on Simpsons! haha) I saw him run past, and told everyone I saw him. A few minutes later, Mr mi_mous saw him run the other direction. Ewwwwwwwwwww! I have never seen a rat at DL, but, was not surprised since it was right by the water. Still though...ewww! :eek: We said goodbye to mi_mous, Mr. mi_mous and her two darling mi_mice on Main Street. It was a great day!

Saturday we slept in again...as you may have gathered by now, we are not early risers! We went to the park very late, as we wanted to go to Jerry's Deli in Costa Mesa for a late lunch. It was SOOO yummy as always. Then to the Character Warehouse for a few items. They had great selection. I've never been there before, so, I had nothing to compare it to, but, I found 3 items. (And saw a few items I had paid full price for last fall! ugh!) At this point, I get a call from TLMT on my cell! I didn't get the message for a bit, as I didn't hear the phone in my purse. We got to DL and hubby wanted to shop for mom's day and go to DCA, so, I spent the next hour or so trying to reach the Tod gang to meet up with them. Finally, I got ahold of Tod and we met by the train station in NOS. Of course, Little Tod was the one I spotted first! He is so tall! And, I am sure he gets SO sick of hearing about it! The whole Tod family was SO nice. I loved meeting them. TLMT is adorable. Such a cutie. Tod is such a nice guy. And the Tod kids (well, they aren't little kids!!!) were both so nice and polite. I enjoyed meeting them. I know that Little Tod was probably bored stiff, meeting this internet person! I did tell him that it would be so memorable that he'd probably run back to MP and start a thread about meeing I Heart. I see he didn't. I am so disappointed Little Tod! ;) ha! The other Tod kiddo was so cute and sweet. The whole family was a delight to meet. My hubby finally showed up and we all visited for a bit and then went our separate ways. Hubby wasn't so sure about meeting my pad friends, and since we'd spent the whole last evening with my pad friend....he wasn't sure he'd want to spend so much time with anyone else. Party pooper!!! :p Next time, we'd love to spend MORE time with the Tods...they are a cool bunch! After DL we went to Tacos Mi Pueblo (which the Tods recommended last year sometime and is now a part of our trips to DL). It's a hole in the wall joint, but, so good.

Sunday, Mom's day! Yahoo. My day, right? Well...maybe. ha! I heard from 1 of my 2 children. But, did get messages from a lot of great friends and other family members. I bought a framed print of Tiki Room (being shipped to me at home) from the Disney Gallery, for myself to say "Hey, you are a great stepmom". haha! I will hang it in my office at home. Next one will be the Jungle Cruise one...I liked both, but, had to watch my wallet a bit.

I was on a mission to ride everything that day and did accomplish it quite well! We did ride almost every single thing!!!! We went on Monsters Inc a few times...I know some have bashed it, but, I think it's SO darn cute. Of course, I am also a big fan of the old standards like Snow White and Pinocchio, so, I liked Monsters for the same reason. Also, saw on the list that we have photos in the Monsters Inc collage, and when I got home...I found our photo in the one I took of Sully's hand, which is where we are located! TOO COOL!

Sunday evening, we met Jo at Candy Palace! We sat at Coke Corner and visited for a bit while we had a corndog! Yummy! I love those things!!! And, then we went on a couple of rides with her (I beat her so badly on Buzz! Sorry Jo, I have to brag because I never beat ANYONE on Buzz! ha) then we watched fireworks from Plaza Inn. It was bittersweet to watch them for the last time this trip. Not knowing if it would be the last time we saw this fireworks show...for the 50th. It was wonderful as always!!! Jo was so sweet. I know I've used that word for everyone, but, that is the perfect word. She was such a nice person and I was so glad that I had a chance to meet her too after chatting with her for so long on the Hearts! She had to get to work (she works at DL at night) so, we went our separate ways and hubby and I rode more rides and headed back to the hotel.

Monday was our last day. Boo hoo! I woke at 10 and headed over right away. Hubby didn't want to get up and go, so, we met later at 3. Anyway--I rode SO many rides that day without him. I just soaked it all in and enjoyed every second of my last day. I rode the double decker bus, which I had NEVER done in my 40 years of going to DL!!! Also, the horseless carriage. :) We were meeting my niece at DTD for dinner around 6, so, I had to take it all in before then!!! She met us and treated Catal for dinner. It was so great. It was my mom's day gift and hubby's celebration dinner for his new job, which he started today.

I bought MANY souvenirs, as always! I think I brought home like 10 lbs in candy from Candy Palace! ha! English toffee, rocky road, caramel apple, etc. Hubby and I are going to be too big to get through the doors soon! :)

Here are the photos of our adventures! Beware...there's a lot...I love to take loads of photos!

http://community.webshots.com/album/550455484aazLeZ

disneyperson
05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Don't worry about the rat. He was probably just visting his more famous cousin ,Mickey.

Glad you had a great time.

I wanna go to DL right now! Don't wanna wait until August!

Mommy2NicknMax
05-17-2006, 12:46 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I wish I would have run into you, we were there all day Friday and Sunday! Maybe next time ;) :D

bradk
05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
very nice. glad to see i wasn't the only one to photograph a dole whip float.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I wish I would have run into you, we were there all day Friday and Sunday! Maybe next time ;) :D

You were? Oh man!!!!!!!! Rats! (no pun intended! haha)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
very nice. glad to see i wasn't the only one to photograph a dole whip float.

No, you are in good company Brad! haha! :)

kimmybear
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
great pictures and i LOVE the hat!!! don't worry, i take pictures of food all the time. just remember that there are people to photograph food for a living. :D you all look like you have a wonderful trip! :D

Crazy4DL
05-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Absolutely LOVED your report, Neenie! Thanks! :)

Frogberto
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Wow, what a great, and very detailed, report! This type of information is really invaluable. I do have a few questions, however, if you don't mind:

1. Where is "Tacos mi Pueblo" ... is it in one of the hotels?

2. You said you first watched the fireworks from a great spot in front of the castle, and then on your last day saw them from the Plaza Inn ... was there a huge difference? Would you recommend the Plaza Inn as a place to sit down and watch the fireworks?

(I ask because my experience is that certain places are not great for fireworks, since the trees block most of them ... but I've never seen them from the Plaza Inn).

Thank you -- we were there on Mother's Day also, and I'm sorry we didn't meet up!

tmptink
05-17-2006, 01:37 PM
You are so good at getting your trip report down. I am still trying to work on it. It makes me think I was there. Oh wait, I was. :p Love your pictures. I noticed I only took 30 the whole time I was there. I am so bad.

disney jones
05-17-2006, 01:41 PM
arrrg! a fine lookin' brunette wench, with blue eyes, she be! arrrg!

great report and nice pictures! excellent presentation overall - thanks for taking the time - i loved it!

we haven't been since february, but starting May 31, we are going to be there off and on about 11 out of the next 20 days -he he he!

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow, what a great, and very detailed, report! This type of information is really invaluable. I do have a few questions, however, if you don't mind:

1. Where is "Tacos mi Pueblo" ... is it in one of the hotels?

2. You said you first watched the fireworks from a great spot in front of the castle, and then on your last day saw them from the Plaza Inn ... was there a huge difference? Would you recommend the Plaza Inn as a place to sit down and watch the fireworks?

!

Tacos Mi Pueblo is here: 1188 W Katella. (714) 778-3100. They are about 3 miles from DL, if even that far. :) We love it and they are open til like 3 am. :) A great spot to stop (if you have a car, which we did) after a late night at the park!

The fireworks in front of the castle were WONDERFUL! Best spot I've ever seen them, the comfort...not so much, because we were sitting on the asphalt, however, a great view of it all. (There are projections on the castle too.) The view from Plaza Inn was almost as good, we had a table, and a great view. And, no sitting on the ground. I recommend both. We sat where there was a gap in the bushes, and, I sat on my knees to get the best view.

Mom's day was pretty busy at DL, eh? I thought so anyway! Hope you had a great day that day!

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 01:42 PM
arrrg! a fine lookin' brunette wench, with blue eyes, she be! arrrg!

great report and nice pictures! excellent presentation overall - thanks for taking the time - i loved it!
!

Jones! How nice to see you!!!! :) :)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 01:44 PM
You are so good at getting your trip report down. .

I am so mad that I didn't get a photo with you!!! I thought of it later and was so disappointed. Whaaa!

tmptink
05-17-2006, 01:55 PM
I am so mad that I didn't get a photo with you!!! I thought of it later and was so disappointed. Whaaa!

I did too. I thought that we should have gotten one of all 3 of us together. It was late. :crying:

ETA: But just thinking, it is better that I didn't. The less pictures of me with the bandage the better. :)

tinker3
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Jeeez we were there then too. It would be fun to meet some people from MP. It sounds like you had a great time. Great Photos. On Fri. fireworks we were in front of the castle also, right in front of the benches. I love a good deli we will have to try that one next time.:)

Mermaid
05-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Great report Neenie!! Thanks for sharing!!

blueckles
05-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm SO glad to hear that you had a great time Janine! But so sad that we didn't get to meet up with you since you had to cut your trip shorter than originally planned :(

There's always next time though!!! :)

Disneygirl65
05-17-2006, 04:13 PM
great photo's and report!

rentayenta
05-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Loved the photos and report. I am digging seeing you in all of the hats you didn't buy. :D

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Tacos Mi Pueblo is here: 1188 W Katella. (714) 778-3100. They are about 3 miles from DL, if even that far. :) We love it and they are open til like 3 am. :) A great spot to stop (if you have a car, which we did) after a late night at the park!

Not three miles, more like three blocks. It's at the southwest corner of the Resort (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=1188%20W%20Katella%20Ave&city=Anaheim&state=CA&zipcode=92802%2d2833&country=US&geodiff=1). You do have to do some driving so it may seem far away, but it's right there.

tod found out about it from his colleagues when he worked at the Disneyland Hotel. They used to walk there.

--TLMt

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 09:37 PM
You do have to do some driving so it may seem far away, but it's right there.

tod found out about it from his colleagues when he worked at the Disneyland Hotel. They used to walk there.

--TLMt

It would FEEL like 3 miles at midnight, when we went! ha! ;)

Wesley815
05-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Great trip report, and pics!

I like how you created the title, it sounds like a cheap tease from a local news station report...

First your topic title-
DISNEYLAND TRIP REPORT---HOW I SAW A RAT AT DISNEYLAND! Plus PHOTOS!...and then throw in some quick little edits I did, and this happens...
"RATS AT DISNEYLAND?! NO, WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE NICE KIND IN A SUITE! EXCLUSIVE SHOCKING PHOTOS!!! TONIGHT, ONLY ON THE FOX 11 TEN O'CLOCK NEWS!"I'm not saying your title is bad, I think it's cute and funny... I just had to point out what I thought of when I first read it. hehe :fez:

Glad you had fun! :D

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Great trip report, and pics!

First your topic title-...and then throw in some quick little edits I did, and this happens...I'm not saying your title is bad, I think it's cute and funny... I just had to point out what I thought of when I first read it. hehe :fez:

Glad you had fun! :D

Funny but later I actually thought of that too. I was afraid people would think I photographed the rat! It was a fast mover, or, I may have done just that! haha!

darph nader
05-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I heard/read somewhere that there are no 'rats' @ D/L. Now long tailed,furry frogs are a different story.:confused: