PDA

View Full Version : getting to the resort cheap?

Omnitographer
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
With gas as much as it is, getting to and from the parks is 30 bucks or so.
Anyone know of a cheaper way than driving myself?
I live out near temecula/menifee.

Hakuna Makarla
05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
train? bus? hitch a ride? :lol:

Baloo
05-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I live in the riverside area and sometimes during the week i have taken trips to the resort via Metrolink.
The train doesn't run on weekends on that line.

There is two things you can do.
You could drive to any of the station in the inland empire/orangecounty line.

There are stations in Dowtown Riverside, La sierra, North Corono or south corona. If you live in temecula you could probably drive up the 215 then merge to the 91 and get off the first exit go north a very short distance and you could see the station.

Take the train to the anaheim angel stadium and then take the shuttle to the resort. (the shuttle is free with the train pass)

Or if you do not want to drive to the train station I know that there are shuttles that go to the Perris/Hemet area and maybe the temecula area very early in the am and travel to the Downtown riverside station where you could board the train.

Just remember that the train ticket is sold according to distance so you could check online www.metrolinktrain.com price diferences from anaheim station to the stations available in the Inland Empire.

Wish the train ran on the weekends it would definately be more comfortable and avoid the long drive. If you do go on the weekdays at least you avoid the traffic mess in the 91 freeway.

darph nader
05-18-2006, 10:35 AM
With gas as much as it is, getting to and from the parks is 30 bucks or so.
Anyone know of a cheaper way than driving myself?
I live out near temecula/menifee.

Man ,i wish we could drive to D/L for $30.00. But heck we live 500 miles away.:mad:

Omnitographer
05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
i have checked out hte metrolink site, they dont list hte corona stations :confused:

DisneyDustin22
05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Take $10 out of 3 paychecks. :)
If you get paid every other week, take $15 or $20 out of two.
Depending on how often you go.

Sebastian
05-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Buy a Hybrid!!!

We are driving from Portland, Oregon in our civic hybrid and gas round trip will cost around $200.00. That is estimating gas at $4.00 a gallon by the end of the Summer.