Darkbeer
04-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Today, the new prices took effect

SoCal's remained at $99
Deluxe are now $159 (a $10 increase)
Premium are now $219 (a $20 increase)

gn2dlnd
04-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Oh, FABULOUS. Because, you know, my pass expires in May, and, of course, when I added DCA they got that extra 100 dollars out of me and I don't get the four month extension! YAY!

zapppop
04-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Well, even with a $20 increase, it makes no difference if you already have a premium passport because you get 10% off when you renew so it still comes out to $200.

Darkbeer
04-22-2002, 05:11 PM
When I was offered renewal, it was a savings of $10 to renew prior to the expiration date, no matter which pass you bought.

But what I did was I waited a couple of months, then renewed.... that saved a lot more than $10:D

lotsafuzz
04-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Question:

I purchased a voucher at a Disney Store for $199, but will not be using it until June.....will I have to pay the extra when I get the actual pass?

Thanks!

Darkbeer
04-22-2002, 05:34 PM
I think lotsafuzz is a lucky person, I doubt that they would charge you the difference... You have a voucher good for one Premium DLR Annual Pass...

tabacco
04-22-2002, 06:14 PM
No... they will honor whatever price you bought it for. One thing I will give Disney a lot of credit for is that they're really good about things like that. If you bought a non-expiring ticket for $41 a couple years ago, it'll still be accepted at the gate like any other. Same for any other non-expiring ticket media.

snappy
04-22-2002, 09:13 PM
I found at my grandparents house once a box of unused Disneyland general admission tickets. Face value of $2.75. For fun I took one to Disneyland and they said it could be used for admission. WOW, that's pretty cool considering how old these were. Back in the day I guess they used the old ticket books or something. Just some food for thought.

Not Afraid
04-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by snappy
I found at my grandparents house once a box of unused Disneyland general admission tickets. Face value of $2.75. For fun I took one to Disneyland and they said it could be used for admission. WOW, that's pretty cool considering how old these were. Back in the day I guess they used the old ticket books or something. Just some food for thought.

Why don't you sell those on ebay and make enough for an AP? But, please, ask your Grandparents first.

socabch
04-23-2002, 07:44 AM
If you use the form that's download from the Disney site to mail in your renewal, you will get your renewed Deluxe & Premium passes for $20.00 less. So the Premium will be 199.00 and the Deluxe is 139.00. Before the increase the mail renewal was $10.00 less for each Deluxe & Premium AP. Hopeful they will not make anymore changes. I'm trying to save the money to renew in July.

MonorailMan
04-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Even though the SO Cal APs haven't gone up, I think there will be more Blackout days next year, think DL keeps it at $99, just becuase they can say "Look at all the ful for under $100." :)

Just A Guess. :)

lotsafuzz
04-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Yippie!!!!

Thanks for the answers!

HBDisneyPrincess
04-23-2002, 08:55 PM
lotsafuzz,
Double check your ticket that you cought at the Disney Store and make sure it doesn't have a "must be processed by" date. My cast member friend bought a pass for me and it had a date that I had to process my pass by. I also know someone who was given a pass as a graduation gift (her parents just bought it at the tivcket booth for the whole price) and it also had a process by date. Your price won't go up, but I'm not sure what happens if you don't process your pass by the given date...

HBDP

jslivinski
04-25-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by socabch
If you use the form that's download from the Disney site to mail in your renewal, you will get your renewed Deluxe & Premium passes for $20.00 less. So the Premium will be 199.00 and the Deluxe is 139.00. Before the increase the mail renewal was $10.00 less for each Deluxe & Premium AP. Hopeful they will not make anymore changes. I'm trying to save the money to renew in July. Thanks for this information, I wasn't aware of this discount. Now I'll consider a Premium AP again, when they went up to $219 I thought oh well, Deluxe again. But now I have premium (stars) in my eyes. :)

jslivinski
04-25-2002, 07:17 AM
Ohhh. Did you know under the Premium Passport you can print a summary of the discounts? It lists location and discount amount in an easy to read chart.

Uggg. Just tried to print out the order form and they don't have one for AP's. I wonder if I order a 4-day pass on-line ($111 save $30) and then trade it in for the Premium AP. Would my credit be the $141 value of the ticket or the $111 paid. Any thoughts?

MammaSilva
04-25-2002, 08:42 AM
I don't know "if" it will work this year but it sure did last year! I bought the package thru Disney travel and we got my nieces flex pass free after all the different promotions that happened after I had paid for our package, when we went to the Bank I asked the CM to tell me how much each pass was worth, she went thru and wrote a value on each one, we got full credit for the nieces even tho I had gotten it for free, so we ended up only paying about 30 dollars total for her premium pass, we got full credit on all the flex passes.....so I'm not sure that they code the ones that are "on sale" differently than the full price ones, but hey it's worth the try

socabch
04-26-2002, 06:37 AM
jslivinski

Were you looking for the renewal form for AP's? If so, it's not located in the regular tickect sale area. Sorry I should have been more clearer. It's in the AP only section. After you have put in your current AP number look under downloads and it's there. You need Acrobat to open it. If you have any problems, e-mail me and I can e-mail it back to you. I saved it on my hard drive.

jslivinski
04-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Mammasilva: Thanks, sounds like my idea just might work out.

Socabch: Ah, there's that word again, RENEWAL. I let our AP's expire in December because I knew it would be at least 6-months before we made it down again. Seems that discount is out, but my other idea sounds like it just might work.

socabch
04-26-2002, 02:23 PM
jslivinski

Good Luck with mammasilva's plan. It should work.

Hyperboy
04-28-2002, 10:54 AM
I ended up paying a total of $299 for my premium AP last year, so anything less than that is a discount for me ;-)

Not that I ever go in DCA unless I'm dragged in by others...

lotsafuzz
04-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by HBDisneyPrincess
lotsafuzz,
Double check your ticket that you cought at the Disney Store and make sure it doesn't have a "must be processed by" date. My cast member friend bought a pass for me and it had a date that I had to process my pass by. I also know someone who was given a pass as a graduation gift (her parents just bought it at the tivcket booth for the whole price) and it also had a process by date. Your price won't go up, but I'm not sure what happens if you don't process your pass by the given date...

HBDP

Hey, thanks for the tip! I pulled my voucher out of its super-duper-hiding place and found that the voucher DOES say it must be used within 3 months. Not a problem in my case, but I am glad I checked.