PDA

View Full Version : Resort Hopping?

shawnarae
05-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I am not sure if this is an unusual thing, but has anyomne resort hopped among the 3 D'land Hotels? We have a room reserved and paid for at Grand CA for May 28th, for 1 evening. We are in the Irvine area anyway with my son's soccer tournament, so we turned the drive from Phx into a mini Disneyland trip.

Well I see on Expedia some decent rates for Disneyland Hotel & PP hotel for the 29th, so I am debating booking 1 more night. We have AP passes, so that Monday and Tuesday are not blocked out for us. I thought maybe staying 1 more night would give us Tuesday to enjoy the parks as Monday (a Holiday) might be nuts.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Is resort hopping a pain? Any stories of your experiences would help me decide. Or thoughts about the crowds on that Tuesday (May 30th). Thanks!!

kimmybear
05-16-2006, 11:35 AM
i'm also going to be resort hopping- from PPH to DLH, but my trip is after yours. many people have said that the process is relatively painless. you can ask the bellhop to transport your luggage from one hotel to the other, but you have to tip them each step of the way- would be a lot cheaper to just carry your own luggage, etc. all the hotels will hold your luggage, so there's no problem of where to put your stuff. hope it all goes well. hope to hear how it went. :D

shawnarae
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Hummmmmmm....or my 2nd option is 2 nights at Paradise Pier for the cost of my 1 night already booked at Grand CA. My 1 night is refundable up to 3 days prior.

I am really thinking that Tuesday would be AWESOME. Less lines, ect then the day before.