PDA

View Full Version : Happy souvenir

myron61090
05-16-2006, 08:05 AM
hey guys! firstly, sorry i haven't been posting in a looong time. haha

anyway, i have a friend who just recently lost a cousin, and i have been (i would want to think) seeing him through this tough time for him.

i have loved the disney parks, and anything disney has always brought a smile to my face, and since my mom is currently there (with her sisters), i asked her if she could get something for my friend too.

so i was wondering, in your opinion, is there any one souvenier that makes you happy, or just really brightens your day, whenever you see it?

take note though, that this friend went to WDW once when he was 11 (he's now sixteen), but has never been to DL

thanks :) i just really want to be able to share the magic of dinsey with him during these tough times. :)

yellowrosedtxn
05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
The one thing that makes me smile the most and what I treasure from Disneyland are my MM Ears. When I first got to go to Disneyland, it was the 25th anniversary. There are only two things that stand out in my mind. One was seeing Jan and Dean live and the other was my MM Ears. The ones I have have a black hat and silver ears. They now reside next to my 50th anniversary ears!

hg0079
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
yup, ears unless there is a character that is his favorite, then something with that on it.

simbaNnala101
05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
This is kind hard and takes some time but its the best gift. I have a friend that had never been to disneyland but loved it and was so devisted that she could not go with me. so I got her, her own autograph book and had characters sign it and right her messages like "wish you were here" and things like that and that ment so much to her to have something so personal and special. and it really made her smile and laugh at some of the things the characters had wrote to her. just a thought hop eit helps.

~Ash~

disneyperson
05-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't think they sell them anymore but I have an Elliot keychain that lights up and plays the Electrical Parade intro. I keep it on my dresser it always makes me smile.

You can't go wrong with Mouse Ears.

hg0079
05-16-2006, 11:12 AM
This wouldn't work for you since you personally aren't there....but for others

Bring a folded up sign you can take out (waterproof markers!) and hold it while you go down splash!

we did this for friends who just had a baby who love disneyland and a bunch of us left for college before we could see the baby so we did that!

SeansMom
05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Both my sons love the Pirates T-shirt.

cirquelover
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
We have a bank that looks like the castle. It always makes me think of the happiest place on earth!! Plus you can save money in it for your next trip!

Omnitographer
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Go to marcelines confectionary in Downtown and get a box of fudge and a few of those giant cookies. super delicious :D

My sister is very fond if the tigger tails in pooh's corner, way in the back of critter county.

myron61090
05-17-2006, 07:35 AM
thanks for all the suggestions :D

i liked the one about the autograph book, haha.

gives a new perspective to the whole "getting to all the characters" thing :)