PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Help

MileHighAko
05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
I've searched and read a lot of posts, but I still have some questions about Fantasmic.

We missed this great show last year when we visited with our family (4 small kids) the first time. We're returning (2 weeks from today) for 4 days and plan to see Fantasmic, but I'm mystified at how to have the best experience. Obviously with 4 young kids (oldest 10, youngest 2) I don't think we can wait 2 hours in a good spot. Besides, I don't even know where a good spot.

Please help. Where are the good spots to see this show? Any times better than others? Any secret information that will make it unforgettable?

Thanks!

simbaNnala101
05-15-2006, 09:24 PM
That is my family and mines favorite show and we see it every time we go. We have discovered that the bast way to experiance this wonderful show is by buying prefered seatting in the balcony above the pirates of the carribbean ride. It is the best view and experiance. but it does cost a little bit of money $49 a person and you have to be first to call for reservations 30 days in advance at 8 am. but if you can't afford to spend that kind of money then I would say if you don't want to wait long go to the second showing b/c by then peopel are leaving and if you get there like right at the end you can grab someones set that are getting up from up front. Also if you are in the center and front you might get a little wet because of the water screnes so keep that in mind for the little ones. Well I hope any of that helped.

~Ash~:D

THpoohbear
05-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi!

Normally, I'd suggest going to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic if you want a minimal wait. However, that's at 10:30, so I'm thinking with the small kids that will be too late. I'd suggest packing a light weight sheet with you. Lay out the sheet a couple hours before, and leave one adult to save the spot. The sheet area will help hold the rest of the space. Then you'd be free to go entertain the kids until closer to show time.

littlebugg
05-15-2006, 10:00 PM
I agree that you should try to catch the 10:30 show. I would take an afternoon break for lite naps and take a late dinner for some rest for the older kids as well, so after the first F! show you can easily slide into a good spot as everyone leaves after the Remember...show. We were there last week at balcony seating and could see there were plenty of good seats(or so it seemed from my vantage point) even at quarter after.
The other option was also already mentioned for the first show about bringing a sheet to have one adult switch off holding the spot. I wanted to add that we did this for the fireworks and the time flies by if you do it right, one parent takes kids for an attraction, then comes back to switch for other parent to go get goodies like churros or popcorn, older kids or a lone parent can play cell phone games, and chit chat w/others too! We met a family from New Zealand. Our two hour wait in front of the castle didn't wear us out at all, and F! is near NOS which means there's so much to do nearby! Have a great time!!!

EDIT: about a good spot, it seems anywhere along the Rivers of America waterfront looking straight on to the Tom Sawyers Island stage area. I believe down in front of the POTC on either side to Frontierland and NOS, but I'm sure someone else on here could give you a more specific spot...Good luck, you're gonna have a blast!

AVP
05-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Second show is absolutely the way to go if you 1) do not want to devote 3+ hours of your day to saving a seat or 2) don't want to shell out the money for the balcony seating.

The walkway around the Rivers of American is the ideal viewing area, and you want to center yourself on the Tom Sawyer Island stage. If you aren't familiar with Disneyland, as you look out over the Rivers of America, you'll see an island with a "cider mill" on it. That mill becomes the stage for Fantasmic! Make sure you have a good view of the stage, and don't sit too close to the railing - if you do, you'll watch the show through the bars of the rail.

AVP

kimmybear
05-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi!

I'd suggest packing a light weight sheet with you. Lay out the sheet a couple hours before, and leave one adult to save the spot. The sheet area will help hold the rest of the space. Then you'd be free to go entertain the kids until closer to show time.

how well does this sheet plan work? do people ever encroach on your space and just take it over? :(

stan4d_steph
05-16-2006, 06:03 AM
how well does this sheet plan work? do people ever encroach on your space and just take it over? :(In general, people will respect your space. As it gets closer to show time, it's best to have the majority of your party in place on the blanket to prevent any interlopers from taking up residence too close.

THpoohbear
05-16-2006, 08:56 AM
do people ever encroach on your space and just take it over? :(

It does work well, as Steph said. It's much harder to save spots without a sheet or blanket. But if people see a person on a blanket, they will leave the blanket alone. I would have the rest of my party show up no less than 30 minutes before show time. Sometimes it gets SO crowded around the fantasmic area that they might have a hard time getting to you otherwise.

MileHighAko
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your responses.

I called the ticket office and they told me they offer two seating options for Fantasmic:

1) Balcony seating, $59 per person regarless of age. They described balcony as seating above POTC.

2) Premium seating, $59 for adults, $49 for childreen. They described premium seating as seating right up next to the waterfront.

I'm shaking my head. I haven't seen Fantastmic, but those prices, or the premium seating, are pretty steep.

scaeagles
05-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Very steep. Supply and demand. I would figure they are pretty much sold out every time.

Micmousetoo
05-16-2006, 02:24 PM
I would not pay for the premium seating at ground level. My husband and I have sat on the balcony a few times and have loved it but it is very expensive. When we are not on the balcony we love to stand or sit near the raft launch to Tom Sawyers Island. It is looking at the island from the left side(not center where a lot of people like to watch the show). However, you are very near Mickey and Malificent when they have their showdown and you get a great view of the entire Peter Pan/Captain Hook sword fight.

Enjoy your trip!

momuvseven
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
We have seen this show several times, up front and center stage without any wait at all. We don't stake out a place ahead of time. We do not try to see this show on a Friday or Saturday night. You should know it gets wet during the show and cold. We will be there first week of June with kids ranging in age from 3-15. We have done this with babies who slept through the entire thing warm and snug inside of their stroller. I would expect that your two year old will sleep through the whole thing too.

So here are my insider tips. We have the kids take naps in the afternoon so they can stay awake. The first show is very busy and after people stay in place to watch the fireworks. During this time you can go in Haunted Mansion, POTC, Splash Mountain, Pooh Bear all without any lines or waiting. This is also a good time to use the bathrooms and buy a snack from the French Fry Cart since they will close down very soon. I do not plan to buy snacks during the last two shows. If you sit by the Haunted Mansion you can see the show and fireworks from a distance. If you sit at the Hungry Bear Resturant you can see the backstage stuff and wave to the characters as they pass by.

If the night is really busy then there may be people waiting to take seats as others exit. Make sure you are over by Haunted Mansion so that you do not get swept away with the crowd. Crowd control is very strict and will not let you turn around. You should not have any problem finding a place to sit and the next show should start in about thirty minutes but I think it is more like fifteen minutes.

Again there is no waiting for nearby rides but some teens will run for a last chance on Splash Mountain.

As these people leave you should have your choice of seats. If the day has been busy and park closure is at midnight then often there will be a third showing at 1130. This is essentially a private showing for those hardy souls that remain.

After the show you have time for one more ride so have a plan to exit easily and get in line for your favorite ride nearby. As long as you get into line by 1159 CM will let you ride. No need to hurry because there will still be crowds in Main Street.

If you want to do this then you need to be in the area about an hour or more before the first show. They rope things off starting at POTC and it is insanely crowded between there and the HM. CM will direct you and will not let you turn around and go back. You have to dedicate yourself to staying in the HM, SM, Hungry Bear Resturant Area for the night. You will not be able to criss cross to the fireworks in front of the castle or other lands. It may be possible to be in FL and cross over by Big Thunder Railroad between shows before the fireworks end. Just don't try to get there through Adventure Land. You can take the train from elsewhere and get off at NOS and should be OK.

So the above works for us everytime and we go during the busiest weeks of the year.

Omnitographer
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
The show is huge, you can see it great from anywhere around the river. i got there about 2 or 3 minutes after it started, lots and lots of people, and i just stood in the back. being in the back of the crowd i was also up higher than everyone in front of me, so i didnt have an obstructed view of any kind. as big and loud as it is, there realy isnt any reason to camp out for hours and hours just to sit up front.