PDA

View Full Version : Strange request for Disneyland MOD

Upanova
04-22-2002, 01:56 PM
Uhm, before anyone starts jumping on me, I have a cool idea but would love to have the guts to pull it off. You see, for the last 4 nights hubby and I have been playing Dungeon Siege, and we love the game. But the really cool thing about it is that the siege editor is coming out in May and we have an ambitious project that we'd like to do....

We would like to make a Disneyland MOD for the game. But we'd need help...hubby is going to do all the programming, and editing stuff, I'm doing skins, textures, mapping and all artistic stuff. We'd like to do at least two levels for the game, Adventurland and the Haunted Mansion and Pirates....

We fiigured that with the new editor the sky's the limit. For Adventureland we figured we could have at least several hours gameplay, with all configured maps and the like. We'd have Jungle Cruise where you'd wade thru water and get Trader Sam in the end, chase off and attack headhunters, and basically have a great old time doing it. No attacking guests or CM's though, they'd be NPCs. We figured on having characters like the parrots, and jungle animals doing the attacking...Trader Sam at the end of Jungle level would be the mini-boss.

We'd also like to map out the Pirates of the Carribean and do attackings with the pirates and skeletal warriors and stuff. But all following the layouts of the rides. Mansion would be awsome to do! And you'd fight off the mini-boss Leota or the Bride at the end of the level.

We would love to work on a project of this size and share it with others...not for sale or purchase in anyway, just for the love of the game and Disneyland, like the Duke Nukem Mansion level MOD.

If anyone is interested in helping us make this cool dream a reality, please contact us!

cbogle57@hotmail.com

Christine

Gemini Cricket
04-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Sorry for asking... but because I'm realllly slow... what's MOD?
:confused:

Uncle Dick
04-22-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
Sorry for asking... but because I'm realllly slow... what's MOD?
:confused:
A MOD is a MODule in a computer game that can be used to MODify different game play aspects. For example, a few years back, Chex included a DOOM MOD on it's cereal boxes that transformed your army guy into a Chex guy who fought against green aliens instead of monsters.