PDA

View Full Version : Do the Resort Hotels offer permanent rooms?

Sub Maniak
05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
I heard somewhere that a hotel of the Disneyland Resort now has hotel rooms for long term use. Is this true??

ILovePoker
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
This would be the first I have heard of it ever but the bigger question is, why would anyone want to do that? I mean, it's super expensive to even stay one night, I could only imagine the outragously high prices they would charge for long term stays.

Opus1guy
05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't know of a hotel in the world that does not offer long term occupancy. If you're willing to pay what they ask, they'll rent you a room as long as you want it.

Many hotels around the world have what they call "permanent residents." These are usually extremely wealthy individuals that like the full services a hotel can provide.

As an example, singer Michael Jackson used to have a "permanent room" at Walt Disney World and also Disneyland Paris. Don't know if he still maintains those or not.

I don't know of any "hotels" at Disney that offer true ownership of any kind however. Even the Disney Vacation Club ownership programs are not real permanent ownership deals. They do expire after so many decades.

ILovePoker
05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't know of a hotel in the world that does not offer long term occupancy. If you're willing to pay what they ask, they'll rent you a room as long as you want it.

Many hotels around the world have what they call "permanent residents." These are usually extremely wealthy individuals that like the full services a hotel can provide.

As an example, singer Michael Jackson used to have a "permanent room" at Walt Disney World and also Disneyland Paris. Don't know if he still maintains those or not.

I don't know of any "hotels" at Disney that offer true ownership of any kind however. Even the Disney Vacation Club ownership programs are not real permanent ownership deals. They do expire after so many decades.
That's what I was thinking. If you're willing to cough up the 100,000 bucks per year to live at Disney, go for it but it certainly wouldn't be something any regular guest could do.

fidoprincess
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Last time we were staying at DLH, I met a woman at the pool who said she was staying in Johnny Depp's room. She said it was on the top floor of the Sierra Tower and had the whole side by the hat. She said it had the pool view and then went all the way around to the resort view and was 3 bedrooms. She said the only reason they got to stay in "his" room is because the GC messed up their suite reservations and Johnny Depp was in Austrailia with his boy or boys (I don't remember whether she said he had two or one). She said there were personal things in the apartment/suite like the boys toys and her son felt right at home. Don't know if it is all true but she sure believed it and it was interesting to hear the details. I would love to see the suite and was sorry I didn't have the nerve to ask her but all of our kids were playing together in the pool and did not want to get out.

SandraVB79
05-16-2006, 02:14 AM
If you want to stay one year, and you don't mind to pay 365 * the price for 1 night, I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to do that...