PDA

View Full Version : Rock-IT Mountain video...

Pages : [1] 2

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 03:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l-ZDyfiMnU

Eh! At least that's my impression from what this video shows and sounds like...

But I'd still like to ride it, sooner or later. :cool:

Anyone have any idea who that cheesy band is?

It isn't Van Halen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It actually sounds kinda like Skid Row.
But the sound is really bad in the video.

The rest of the soundtrack sounds pretty cheesy as well I think. :|

Good thing the classic coaster track layout still matches the classic Dick Dale and the present ride soundtracks ... and hey look new FX!

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 05:13 AM
Ack! Some people have been guessing at who the Rock-IT Mtn band is...

Most are saying it sounds like Hoobastank. :|

chrisaustx
05-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow what a great ride, what a great soundtrack, the lights look so pretty and the theme so futuristic! I wish Cynthia Harrss was still around to see this spectacular, as it has been predicted, Rockit Mountain fails to launch.

barely
05-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Careful what you wish for! :p

chrisaustx
05-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Someone on another board said: "From the people who brought you Super Star Limo, Illuminations and Steps in Time, here comes a thrilling new Rockit Mountain adventure, that your family will never forget." :)

barely
05-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Now THAT'S downright scary!:eek:

ActionMarco
05-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Yep that is hoobastank. Interesting song they chose.

TowerofTerror
05-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow pretty cool thanks for sharing.

b-dof
05-14-2006, 02:54 PM
hey,
its not that bad
i mean its no space moutnain, but from the video i think catagorizing it with superstar limo is a little hyperbolic
it kinda reminds me of rock n roller coaster at MGM in florida
and i hope i get to ride rock it mountain soon

weluvdisney
05-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks for posting. I have been waiting to see what it would look like. Would be cool to ride at least once

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Someone on another board said: "From the people who brought you Super Star Limo, Illuminations and Steps in Time, here comes a thrilling new Rockit Mountain adventure, that your family will never forget." :)

....and you have a problem with Illuminations(!), why?

I find it incredibly hard to believe your favorite ex-Disney villain Ms Harriss had anything to do with the fireworks/lagoon show at Epcot. :p

dingdong2U
05-14-2006, 07:48 PM
....and you have a problem with Illuminations(!), why?

I find it incredibly hard to believe your favorite ex-Disney villain Ms Harriss had anything to do with the fireworks/lagoon show at Epcot. :p

Maybe they meant "Luminaria" another failed project from the Harris era...

Alex S.
05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Luminaria was better than anything else they've done with that area.

chrisaustx
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I didn't say that, it was a quote someone who rode the ride said on another board, that video and the description of the people dancing on the ceiling is good enough for me.

Osky
05-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Now if only they could have played Herbie Hancock's "Rockit," (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvc5ibmbcQ&search=Rockit) and included all of the animatronics from the video, that would be worth riding! :p

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 11:30 PM
That Herbie Hancock classic would then make it Jazz Mountain (not that WDI actually nailed the idea of rock down... :rolleyes: )...

But Jazz Mountain then would fit much better somewhere on west side of DL, along the River.
Unless the new music was the Jazz of the Future!! Then the theming blurs...

But then Disney really should start working with JG Thirlwell on some project or movie anyway, so it just might all work out in the end!! :D

BQ2
05-15-2006, 05:12 AM
:eek:

bradk
05-15-2006, 07:11 AM
i'll make mention of it in my report, but for what it may be worth, i was told that rockit mountain was only open because it was part of the grad nite package, but that a lot of the effects are still not yet put into place, so what grad niters see is a scaled down version of the whole thing.

although that's just what i was told.

Aims
05-15-2006, 08:53 AM
My son attended Grad Nite last Thursday, so he was one of the first to ride on Rock-It Mountain. I asked him how it was, and he said, "Eh, they flashed some lights and played loud music, you could see the track sometimes." LOL He seemed pretty nonchalant about it. So, maybe what they saw on Grad Nite is a scaled down version of what's to come, as Bradk mentioned.

Amy

Osky
05-15-2006, 10:40 AM
That Herbie Hancock classic would then make it Jazz Mountain (not that WDI actually nailed the idea of rock down... :rolleyes: )...

You classify Herbie Hancock's Rockit as jazz?

disneygurl92
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
i feel completly confused. What is rock-it mountain?

bradk
05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
at night, space mountain will turn into rockit mountain. i guess see video above for a taste.

disneygurl92
05-15-2006, 02:01 PM
why does it change? is it for like a promotion or something? or just for grad night?

bradk
05-15-2006, 02:04 PM
no, it's a permanent fixture (when it opens). it's just for an alternative experience.

Another Dimension
05-15-2006, 05:49 PM
You classify Herbie Hancock's Rockit as jazz?

It's definitely pop and dance... but Herbie is/was a jazz musician and "Rockit" does definitely have a jazzy feeling, jazz riffs and related influences in it...
So yeah. :)