PDA

View Full Version : Amazing DLR Podcast

erica84
05-13-2006, 04:27 PM
To my fellow Disneyland fans, I thought I'd let you know of a really cool podcast that is available on iTunes. (You can download iTunes for free and just burn the podcasts {which are also free} to a CD - even if you don't own an iPod!) There is a really cool podcast out there titled "1313 S. Harbor Radio". Some highlights - soundtrack to the ENTIRE ride of POTC (including cricket and waterfall sounds) and HM, music from The Esplenade and from all the lands in the park. I absolutely love it - it makes you feel like you're there. This is for all of you out there who are having Disneyland withdrawals. Enjoy! :D

Enter The Mouse
05-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I just downloaded it and can't wait to listen! I love the sounds of Disneyland. Its hard to apreciate the sounds of DL until your not there.

I also like the "official disney land resort podcast" Everytime I listen I learn something new!

Thanks for the info on the Pod Cast!

Vegitabeta
05-14-2006, 02:26 AM
I searched for 1313 S.Harbor Radio and there's nothing...?

Michael_Lee
05-14-2006, 07:18 AM
I searched for 1313 S.Harbor Radio and there's nothing...?

Search Disneyland in the Podcast box and it will be on the list.

Vegitabeta
05-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Thank you! I found it:)

janell
05-14-2006, 07:49 AM
I like that, it does feel like your there. Thanks for sharing.:)

goober7011
05-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Thank you for this find
But anyone else not able to download the entire episode???

Vegitabeta
05-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Thank you for this find
But anyone else not able to download the entire episode???
Yeah, it said it wouldn't work and that I had to check the URL or try later.

erica84
05-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it said it wouldn't work and that I had to check the URL or try later.

Hmm..I didn't have any problems with it. Hopefully it will work for you later. :)

olegc
05-14-2006, 10:47 PM
try http://www.1313southharborblvd.com

NOTE - please, please, please follow HitchHiking ghost's requests. These are not for resale..

erica84
05-15-2006, 11:44 AM
NOTE - please, please, please follow HitchHiking ghost's requests. These are not for resale..

Very good point! Thanks for mentioning this. :)

SteveK
05-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I've listened to quite a few Disney podcasts and here are a few I'd reccommend.

1) Window to the Magic - probably the best one out there IMO. Paul Barrie does alot of live recording throughout the park including music, rides and overall ambient sounds of the park. Listen with a set of headphones and you'll really feel like you're there.

2) The Meandering Mouse - Hosted by Jeff from Houston and again is focused around live sounds from not only Disneyland but from WDW resort as well. Jeff adds his live humorous commentary as he's recording the clips which differentiates it from some of the others out there.

3) Park Hopping Podcast - Hosted by Allen Huffman and once again is live park sounds from all of the US Disney parks. Great recordings though there hasn't been a new show in awhile due to a server crash.

4) Bringing Disneyland Home - This is actually a videocast (aka vodcast) created by Oakfan. Great stuff with some excellent video clips from the DLR.

These are my favorites but I would suggest trying alot of different ones to see what suits you. Also check out www.disneypodcastnet.com where these and other podcasts are discussed.

-Steve

Wesley815
05-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info! I really like the Main Entry Plaza music, it's just a great mix of classic Disneyland/DCA sounds all rolled into one.

Imagineer In Training
05-15-2006, 05:56 PM
For those of you with the Video Ipod check out Bringing Disneyland Home

Its a fantastic video/audio podcast for iPods with Video and each episode is video footage of various attractions/events at the park. I love it so much , im downloading the new one right now, i believe its on the jungle cruise. I reccomend it to any of you iPod lovers like myself though, its really worth it!!! oh and did i mention is FREE??

JookyG
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM

1) Window to the Magic - probably the best one out there IMO. Paul Barrie does alot of live recording throughout the park including music, rides and overall ambient sounds of the park. Listen with a set of headphones and you'll really feel like you're there.

2) The Meandering Mouse - Hosted by Jeff from Houston and again is focused around live sounds from not only Disneyland but from WDW resort as well. Jeff adds his live humorous commentary as he's recording the clips which differentiates it from some of the others out there.

SteveK's right. Some of the best Disney podcasts can be found in the Disney Podcast Network (DPN). You could easily call me biased, but the first two in his list are definitely my two favorite DLR podcasts. If you like feeling like you're walking through the park, both of these will satisfy.

The Window to the Magic podcast also offers some really great video content. The crew was at Disneyland over the weekend, so there should be some fresh content available in the near future.

SteveK
05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
The Window to the Magic podcast also offers some really great video content. The crew was at Disneyland over the weekend, so there should be some fresh content available in the near future.

And who might be the creator of some of that content;) Great stuff by the way.

JookyG
05-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Heh, thanks! I couldn't pass up an opportunity for some self promotion there ;) Nice to run into another DPN member around these parts.

Nice sig, by the way. That's my all-time favorite attraction.

oakfan
06-23-2006, 12:09 PM

3) Park Hopping Podcast - Hosted by Allen Huffman and once again is live park sounds from all of the US Disney parks. Great recordings though there hasn't been a new show in awhile due to a server crash.

4) Bringing Disneyland Home - This is actually a videocast (aka vodcast) created by Oakfan. Great stuff with some excellent video clips from the DLR.

These are my favorites but I would suggest trying alot of different ones to see what suits you. Also check out www.disneypodcastnet.com where these and other podcasts are discussed.

-Steve

Thanks for the plug Steve. If anyone is interested I just posted my 21st episode of the BDH Podcast. This one covers Big Thunder Mountain RR. If you haven't yet, you should check it out!:)