PDA

View Full Version : [Favorite Ride] just for fun

Pages : [1] 2

simbaNnala101
05-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Just for fun to get everyone into the Disneyland spirit what is your favorite ride at disneyland and what makes it you favorite. What is your favorite part of the ride. Mine is POTC and my two favorite parts have always been the dog with the key and the red head.

~Ash~

hg0079
05-12-2006, 11:26 PM
My favorite is Big Thunder Mountain I love right after the first hill and I like it because it's not "new" so I remember it as a child and it's fast but being outside you still feel smack dab in the middle of disneyland

Enter The Mouse
05-13-2006, 07:59 AM
hmmm...My favorite woulds have to be Indiana Jones. My favorite 2 parts are the dart room and the rolling ball. The bugs on the car are also cool!

potzbie
05-13-2006, 08:11 AM
For years, my favorite ride has been PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.
The reason being that the illusion of complete enveloping of atmosphere.
Unlike a rollar coaster, there is no sound except the environment sounds.
Unlike outdoor rides, there is no extraneous sky, wind, weather, or colors to interfere with the environment.

But now the ride I can't get enough of is DCA's SOARIN' OVER CALIFORNIA.
When our "hang glider" lifts over the trees in the Napa Valley sequence, and when our "hang glider" scoots low over the waves just above the surfers, I still lift my feet so that my shoes won't hit the trees or hit the heads of the surfers.
The illusion is that complete.

Even the music is addictive.

The finish is exhillerating.
In comparison, the finish of POTC is rather modest. -- You see the incoming queue to your left, and a final diorama of buried treasure on the right (where the parrot is).

IdahoMike
05-13-2006, 08:43 AM
My favorite ride is Indy, I just love the tie-ins to the movie, the boulder, invisible darts "whistling" by your head, the bouncy jeep, etc.... For DCA, I love Screamin and Soarin equally.

Mike

05-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Nice thread, simbaNnala101.

My favorite ride lives on in Yesterland. It was the Submarine Voyage. My favorite part of it was the mermaids.

I'm looking forward to the new version!

junglemom
05-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I have a few that are tied for first but I find myself having to go back on BTMRR and the Jungle Cruise. When I am tired and want relax its the Jungle Cruise. I like to ride it at day and night on every trip. Thunder is just fun. I try the goat trick every time hoping to get dizzy. My favorite time is at night when the fireworks are going. I have only done that once but it was phenomenal!

barely
05-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Ah, the goat trick again. WHAT IS THE GOAT TRICK?! My favorite ride is POTC. I love EVERYTHING about the ride. I haven't been to DL in 10 years, so my fav might change with my next visit. Of course, I look forward to selecting a favorite from DCA when I make my first visit ever in September.

cfitz/pirates
05-13-2006, 11:49 AM
My favorite ride has always been Pirates I love the sounds and the music. my favorite scene is the dunking of the town mayor:)

erica84
05-13-2006, 04:21 PM
So many favorites, it's hard to choose! If I had to choose just one, it would be Soarin'. Love the music and love the amazing feeling that you're actually flying. The golf ball flying towards your face always gets me! :cool:

Leap for Joy
05-13-2006, 06:48 PM
My favorite is Splash Mountain, because my mom read me those stories when I was a child. The ride that gets me completely into the DL mood is Indy, I think because it was the first attraction I ever experienced.

jenpace
05-13-2006, 07:10 PM
For years, my favorite ride has been PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.
The reason being that the illusion of complete enveloping of atmosphere.
Unlike a rollar coaster, there is no sound except the environment sounds.
Unlike outdoor rides, there is no extraneous sky, wind, weather, or colors to interfere with the environment.

But now the ride I can't get enough of is DCA's SOARIN' OVER CALIFORNIA.
When our "hang glider" lifts over the trees in the Napa Valley sequence, and when our "hang glider" scoots low over the waves just above the surfers, I still lift my feet so that my shoes won't hit the trees or hit the heads of the surfers.
The illusion is that complete.

Even the music is addictive.

The finish is exhillerating.
In comparison, the finish of POTC is rather modest. -- You see the incoming queue to your left, and a final diorama of buried treasure on the right (where the parrot is).

I totally agree on both points, could not have said it any better!

Jen

Rhiannon8404
05-13-2006, 07:22 PM
My favorite ride is Peter Pan. My favorite part is flying over London.

simbaNnala101
05-13-2006, 10:27 PM
thats my girlfriends favorite ride too and her favorite part. even if it is really old and short.

~Ash~

taingirlsmom
05-13-2006, 10:49 PM
It's a Small World because as I go through each area I relive trips to that country and AStroblaster because I am so competitive.

wHiTe2k3eP
05-13-2006, 11:10 PM
pirates for sure... it's always been the first ride my fam would go on whenever we went to disneyland.

janell
05-14-2006, 07:54 AM
It's hard to pick just one. In DL, Space Mt, because it's fast and in the dark. And I remember being excided when I was finally tall enough to go on it. In DCA, Soarin', it's just a great ride. :)

DianeM
05-14-2006, 08:06 AM
The one ride I won't miss if I can avoid it (to the point of reschduling a trip if I know it's closed) is POTC. I love it because there is nothing like it anywhere else in the world. An entire world of realistic characters, a series of stories encapsulated in a ride. I love the tune, which is somewhat haunting. My favorite part is the first tunnel, where it smells like fresh rain, and the voice chants "Dead Men Tell No Tales". When I hear that, I really feel like I'm at Disneyland. :-)

Just for fun to get everyone into the Disneyland spirit what is your favorite ride at disneyland and what makes it you favorite. What is your favorite part of the ride. Mine is POTC and my two favorite parts have always been the dog with the key and the red head.

~Ash~

findin mickeys
05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
This is so difficult for me because I love all the attractions. I would have to say Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because it is the first rollercoaster I ever went on. It is just awesome, especially at night. One of my fondest memories of Disneyland was about three years ago I was on BTMRR with my two oldest sons and the park was closing. There was no line so the cast members let all of us stay on the ride for four straight runs until it was about twenty minutes past closing. It was a blast!

In DCA it has to be Tower. I love the theming and the ride is just so incredible.

MileHighAko
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Pirates
Splash Mountain
Soar'n
Grizzly River Run
Buzz Lightyear

twist1980
05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I can never decide on a favorite DL ride because my favorite is usually whatever I rode last!

But I think Pirates is my all time fave. Like Potzbie said, the way in envelops you is amazing. Especially at the very beginning after you pass the Blue Bayou. I love listening to the crickets and looking at the light bugs and everything. It is just such a relaxing and entertaining ride. I can't wait to see what they have done with it!

operator982003
05-23-2006, 10:44 PM
mine is space mountain. The reason is when i was in sixth grade, it was all astronomy, i also like the music :)

Bassman531
05-24-2006, 07:12 AM
It is almost impossible to name one attraction as my favorite. I guess it all depends on the mood I am in at the time. If I feel like a relaxing ride, I would have to put another vote towards Pirates. But if I feel like a roller-coaster type ride, Space Mountain would definitely take the prize.

Kat in WA
05-24-2006, 07:29 AM
My favorite would be any that includes my daughters and my husband. We enjoy every aspect of our annual trip together. It doesn't matter if it's an E ticket ride or just riding the shuttle from the Candy Cane Inn, as long as we're together!

codelyokorox
05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
My favorite ride? That would be...The Matterhorn...Mostly because they haven't really updated it, and I really like older things. My favorite part is when (at night) you can see the lands during the open-aired gaps in the ride. It's really pretty, everything is lit up.

At DCA I love Soarin' because I liek to hear everyone elses ooh's and ahhh's. Especially the ending, everyone goes, "OOOHHH!!!!" When Disneyland comes into view. It makes me smile each time. Just to know that they like it makes me happy for some reason...