PDA

View Full Version : Rancho del Zocalo Resturant question

Neverland Princess
05-12-2006, 06:16 PM
When I was at DL on March 3rd I looked at the menu and i believe I didn't see anymore BBQ items listed. I was looking at DL website and it still says they have BBQ selections. Do they or has disney not updated thier website? I'm going June 11th. Thanks

WITron
05-12-2006, 08:12 PM
When we were there in December they did not have any BBQ items. DL is incredibly slow when it comes to updating their website.

THpoohbear
05-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Here's the current menu:

Lunch/Dinner
-Citrus Fire-Grilled Chicken
1/4 chicken, seasoned in a savory marinade of cumin, garlic, cilantro, lemon and lime
$9.99
-Red Chile Enchilada Platter
Four cheese enchiladas with red chili sauce.
$8.99
-Carne Asada & Red Chili Enchilada Platter
Succulent beef cooked to perfection served with two cheese enchiladas
$10.99
-Burrito Sonora
"Fajita Style" beef, chicken or vegetables and refried beans wrapped
in a flour tortilla and topped with a traditional Guajilolo sauce
$9.99
-Soft Tacos Monterrey
Choice of "Fajita Style" beef, chicken or vegetables, served in flour tortillas
$9.49

All the above platters include refried beans and Mexican Rice.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
$4.99

Salads

Tostada Salad
"Fajita Style" beef, chicken or vegetables presented in a crispy
tortilla shell filled with refried beans, cheddarand jack cheese,
Served with sour cream and guacamole.
$9.99

Hacienda Chicken Caesar Salad
Grilled chicken breast, crisp romaine lettuce, red bell
peppers, cotija cheese, tossed with our own zesty Pepitas
Caesar dressing and topped with crisp tortilla strips.
$10.99

So, no more bbq. Many people have expressed distaste for this new menu over the last one with the bbq. I never tried the bbq, but I have tried this one, and I really enjoy the burrito. The cheese enchilada's were nothing special, but I've tried the tacos, and they are also yummy. I think the burrito is an especially good value - it's very, very filling, enough for two. Hope that helps!

Neverland Princess
05-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks so much!! The menu really helps.

momuvseven
05-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Love the burritto, my kids liked the kids meals and the fruit plate available from the salad bar. No need to buy beverages. They have cups and drinking water on the patio. Great place to refill your water bottles.

Opus1guy
05-13-2006, 07:48 AM
DL is incredibly slow when it comes to updating their website.

I'll say!

When I first noticed the Disneyland web site still listing the BBQ items on Zocalo's web page long after they were gone...I posted that here on MousePad:

What's kind of funny is that Disneyland.com still lists the old BBQ favorites as being on it's [Zocalo's] menu.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=752702&postcount=6

...and on that same day I sent an email to Disneyland.com advising them of the error. That was 7 months ago, and the error is still there!

FYI, River Belle Terrace now has pretty much the same BBQ chicken and ribs that Zocalo used to have. Very tasty, IMHO. :)

funatdisney
05-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh how I miss the tri-tip. That really was something different and tasted soo good. One doesn't really find tri-tip anywhere. I really didn't discovered it until I married my husband (He is from Ventura) I grew up 60 miles from his hometown and never heard of it until I moved to Ventura. What a treat it was to discovered it at Disneyland.

potzbie
05-13-2006, 08:15 AM
I'll second that.
The official Disneyland web site is the LAST thing Disneyland updates, when it comes to changes in menus or other features.

(I think, if you look real hard, you'll still see KIDS OF THE KINGDOM featured in the calendar, right after the blurb touting the 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA exhibit.) :)

Opus1guy
05-13-2006, 09:01 AM
The official Disneyland web site is the LAST thing Disneyland updates, when it comes to changes in menus or other features.

Which is really sad because in their effort to reduce costs, Disney tries to channel follks over to the web site to find the answers to questions themselves.

Folks aren't gonna have much faith in the web site's accuracy if they get stung with bum info a few times. :(

PapiBear
05-13-2006, 09:29 AM
I'll second that.

(I think, if you look real hard, you'll still see KIDS OF THE KINGDOM featured in the calendar, right after the blurb touting the 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA exhibit.) :):D ROFLMAO!!!!

DisneylandForever
05-13-2006, 09:40 AM
"Soft Tacos Monterrey
Choice of "Fajita Style" beef, chicken or vegetables, served in flour tortillas
$9.49"

Formally known as "Tacos California." They no longer come with chips, just lettuce. And for you fellow sissies out there, the meat they use nowadays is spicy! Too spicy for my taste.

Used to be my favorite dish! :(

PapiBear
05-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm beginning to think maybe they'll start serving menudo, pozole, and horchata any day now.

If they were smart they'd turn the old Big Thunder Ranch into a wagon train restaurant (circled wagons around a big campfire, perhaps with various strolling musical acts singing old cowboy songs and so forth) and serve more authentic ranch and trail cooking, including barbecue, sure, but also things like chili, cornbread, fresh biscuits, beef stew, and even some "wild" fish and game (things like salmon, catfish, buffalo & venison, which are rather easily obtainable and marketable compared to, say, rabbit or rattlesnake).

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Mmmm BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch...!

What an idea! :)

PapiBear
05-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Mmmm BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch...!

What an idea! :)It really is an ideal spot for a good thematic restaurant, but they need to emphasize the theming better next time around. Last time it was just sort of a general "ranch" theming and it was peppered with colorful umbrella'd tables throughout (yeah, they had a lot of those in the Old West, mm-hmm). If they get more creative with the theming, somewhat more creative / authentic with the menu, and include more authentic entertainment shows (cowboy singers, poets, & storytellers, Native American drum groups and musicians, maybe even split off into two sections - a circle of wagons around a campfire and a Native village), they could have a real winner on their hands.

tstan70
05-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Rancho del Zocalo is one of the better bargains at Disneyland. I know that it is not REAL Mexican food and is the Americanized version of the foods, but the food is pretty good and is decently priced.

We usually stick with a beef burrito and is enough to split between two adults and for Disneyland, half of a $9.99 entree is a good deal.

Also, I like this type of service better than counter service restaurants as you can go back to refill your sodas.

One other thing to remember about Rancho is that is has cold water taps outside so it is a good place to fill up a water bottle or cup.