PDA

View Full Version : Yeah! Grand Californian in only 11 days! [Spa?]

wanderdust
05-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Sorry... I am just so excited about staying at the Grand.... made an execuitive decision ( no input from my hubby) yesterday. We were going to stay at the Marriott, but my sis in law wants us to visit her in San Diego so instead of 4 nights in anaheim we only have two... So very very excited. Has anyone used their spa or health club?

New plan is to drive up from Tucson late monday spend night with family in Yuma then arrive first thing in the am on Tuesday, then Universal on Wed, Disney on Thursday then drive to San Diego and spend another three or four days there.

I realize traffic will just suck from LA to Escondido, but is there a best time to leave. We will do DLR that thursday bfeore driving down. Thanks for all the help!!!!

hlbtimes2
05-12-2006, 08:52 AM
If you are only going to have Thursday at Disney, I wouldnt even think about using the spa!

My husband is staying at the GC next week for work. Mon-Thurs. I'm so very jealous. Had I not just gone to DL last week I would have found a way to get the time off work to meet up with him.

wanderdust
05-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Actually doing DLR on Tuesday and Thursady with universal in between. I will need to use the spa/cardio equipment. I am training for the Nikes womens Marathon in October!!! My first marathon and I will only do half. My run benefits the Leukemia society.

i love Disney. We go about threee times a year. My family humors me and comes along.

kisroo
05-12-2006, 09:09 AM
The workout room has several elliptical trainers, treadmills, and bikes (I don't remember how many bikes, since I don't use them). They also have free weights and universal machines.

Have a great time!! I loooove the GCH.

~kisroo:)

ETA: the women's locker room had a steam and a sauna, plus full showers. They even leave some toiletries for your use (razors, shampoo...).

wanderdust
05-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks!!!!

tlovesdis
05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
We were there in April and my cousin had a massage at the spa. She paid over $200 and was so disappointed in it! Her sister had a facial that same day and loved it!