PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice HoJo prices have gone up- A LOT?

mommy-san
05-11-2006, 04:06 PM
We stayed at HoJo twice in the last 8 months and were planning on doing it again in February. When I was reading the "It pays to plan ahead" thread, I decided to check, just outta curiousity for rates for our trip. 3 1/2 months ago we payed $90.00-$100.00 for a standard room. Now it's quoted at $118.00 if we go end of January. What gives?

adriennek
05-11-2006, 06:27 PM
A lot of people are making their reservations through not-direct means, like AAA or online travel services.

A few months ago I was freaking out because all over this forum people were posting "I can't get a hotel reservation in the spring!" "All the motels are asking $120 a night - even the yucky motels not near the parks!" etc, etc.

I called my AAA agent and said, "ok, am I going to have to pay $150 a night for Hojos? It sounds like it's going to be bad!"

She got me a room for $70 on a Saturday night in April.

Shop around.

Adrienne

bassett1976
05-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Keep checking back with the HoJO. I've gotten some really high rates that went down within a week of the dates we were looking for. Sometimes it pays to keep track and keep looking. They will change the daily rate if you find something better. I've saved $20 a night for a reservation tha we had back in March and changed the rate only 1 day before our trip.

JosieGirl71
05-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I have noticed the same thing. We got really good rates when we to DL in December 2004. We paid $79/night for a home office room. We wanted to stay there again because their staff is the best and their rates are awesome but everytime I check the rates, they are at least $99/night (even through Mousesavers). I don't mind paying that if I am getting a continental breakfast or if the hotel is right by the crosswalk, but that is too steep for a hotel that far away and no other perks.

I keep checking back on it though and am hoping their rates will come down.

sjcivilady
05-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I've found the same thing at the Carousel - I stayed there last March for I think about $55 nite - now it's always about $99 - and I only go mid-week off-season any more. Maybe after the 50th, the prices will come down. (last Nov I used hotwire and got a room for $33, although we did have to drive to the parks)

DangerMouse
05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
If you book far enough in advance, you can ask if any entertainment book rates are available for your dates of stay. These are normally awesome rates ($49-$69). All you have to do is purchase an book from entertainment.com.

Also, AP holders are given 15% off and mousesavers.com link will save you 10% off.

mommy-san
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Last few times I've checked, I have been looking at around 80.00/night for rooms at HOJO in early February, but now they have jumped to 109/119. (2 queen beds, not in the tower) I know some of you have tips on how to get those prices down. So, please share them now- if we can't get them down my husband might make our trip shorter!

DangerMouse
07-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Last few times I've checked, I have been looking at around 80.00/night for rooms at HOJO in early February, but now they have jumped to 109/119. (2 queen beds, not in the tower) I know some of you have tips on how to get those prices down. So, please share them now- if we can't get them down my husband might make our trip shorter!

I just yesterday booked with Willie Simpson directly for dates in late August and was able to get a NQQ2 deluxe room at an entertainment rate of $49+tax. Seriously, email Willie, at willie.simpson@hojoanaheim.com, and see what he can do for you.

Have you tried to get an Entertainment Rate? I have round it is really the only deal left to be had at the HoJo. Good luck.

mommy-san
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
THANK-YOU! I will try that!

annieb727
07-12-2006, 07:35 PM
to get the entertainment rate do you have to have an entertainment card when you book? or do you just have to have it when you get there??

DangerMouse
07-12-2006, 07:49 PM
You don't need it when you book, and actually, I have never been asked for one when I check in or out of the hotel. However, I DO always have mine, just in case they ask.

FYI, 2006 books are currently only $8.99 shipped. They are good through the end of November.

:D

bellbell
07-13-2006, 11:42 AM
We usually stay at Hojo but due to high rate, I have actually made reseravation at other property this year.

However, I after I saw this thread yesterday, I sent e-mail to Willie and got great e rate for our end of August trip!!
He replied all my questions promptly.
He even watched my favorite room becomes avilable for me.

Thank you very much for the great information.
I am glad we can go back to our favorite hotel again!!!