PDA

View Full Version : 2fers= more vandalism?

Pages : [1] 2 3

hg0079
05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
In another thread it was mentioned that because of the 2fers (discounts) more vandelism has been happening, is this something others have noticed?

chrisaustx
05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
I was at the park during the 2Fers and did not see much evidence of vandalism. The only thing I saw a gang signature on the white seats of the tram, a cast member immediately had someone remove it when I showed her. I am going to Flick's Fun fair to get pictures of the "vandalism" if it is still there, the new management is good at getting rid of gang signatures and the like which are found at the park.

Wesley815
05-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Thankfully the "2fer" is over for this year... and yes, whenever that deal is offered it brings out ALL of the low class trash from wonderful southern, CA.

The type of crowd has changed A LOT since it ended.

CousinPhil
05-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I know, when I used the 2-Fer last year with my family, and when my friend used it this year for Spring, we did nothing but tear up everything we touched. :rolleyes:

Barbossa
05-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Thankfully the "2fer" is over for this year... and yes, whenever that deal is offered it brings out ALL of the low class trash from wonderful southern, CA.

Just curious, who are the "low class trash" from SoCal? :confused: :|

darph nader
05-13-2006, 09:35 PM
I know, when I used the 2-Fer last year with my family, and when my friend used it this year for Spring, we did nothing but tear up everything we touched. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight .2fers GIVE you and your family/friends the RIGHT to TRASH everything you touched,or just get a good time??? In my day "tear up" and "trash" meant the same thing.:confused:

Please prove me WRONG!!

hg0079
05-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope you know cousinPhil was joking

PapiBear
05-14-2006, 01:58 AM
I was at the park during the 2Fers and did not see much evidence of vandalism. The only thing I saw a gang signature on the white seats of the tram, a cast member immediately had someone remove it when I showed her. I am going to Flick's Fun fair to get pictures of the "vandalism" if it is still there, the new management is good at getting rid of gang signatures and the like which are found at the park.Jeah, man, Dos Emes, ese, they don't play like that! El Raton, man, he's loco, he don' mess around, homes! He'll give you the same number of fingers he has, vato, if he catches you taggin' his parque or lookin' at his jaina Minnie, I'm tellin' you, carnal!

M-I-C.....see you in the Disney pinta, homes!
K-E-Y.....why? Because you messed up, man!

M-O-U-S-E

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 04:52 AM
I was at the park during the 2Fers and did not see much evidence of vandalism.

I see a lot of it inside restroom stalls. The metal near the button and around the safety paper dispenser. Some fools carve in the stall walls themselves in DCA. Also the metal strip near the ceiling in the SF strip restroom.

The only thing I saw a gang signature on the white seats of the tram, a cast member immediately had someone remove it when I showed her.

Good CM. I've seen stuff carved into the back of the tram seats since the DLR got those trams. It has gotten worse though.

I am going to Flick's Fun fair to get pictures of the "vandalism" if it is still there, the new management is good at getting rid of gang signatures and the like which are found at the park.

Two pics I shot a few days before MA.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2106395084

Not as bad as SFMM (thankfully)... but either way...
Losers carve on things at amusement parks. :mad:

lauramaynot
05-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I see a lot of it inside restroom stalls. The metal near the button and around the safety paper dispenser. Some fools carve in the stall walls themselves in DCA. Also the metal strip near the ceiling in the SF strip restroom.

I just find it amazing that anyone would waste time at DL carving anything anywhere. I can think of so many things I would rather do than sit on a toilet and carve my name on the wall...:confused:

Monte Cristo
05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I just find it amazing that anyone would waste time at DL carving anything anywhere. I can think of so many things I would rather do than sit on a toilet and carve my name on the wall...:confused:

No kidding. Whenever I see rowdy groups of thugs in the park (not often) I don't get it. Disneyland has to be the least interesting place on the planet for them. There's too much security around to really harrass anyone, there are no rollar coaster rides and everything costs a lot of money.

capst
05-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Low price invites problems. Look at Six Flags Magic Mountain. When you can buy an annual pass for $50 at every Ralphs grocery store, that park is totally thrashed, and always full of gang-bangers and wannabees.

Another Dimension
05-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Well... even if they are multi-tasking in the stall... :rolleyes:
I completely agree with you.

It's incredibly disrespectful to a wonderful place (and it's workers and Guests). A place that millions of people visit yearly (and return to time and time again) and they pay a lot of money to do so... and then have to pay even more money the next time to visit.
the price increases... some of which are directly due to the increased cost in removing low class peoples tags, graffitti and vandalism, to make the parks magical and clean again. :mad:

Omnitographer
05-16-2006, 02:32 PM
The worst place is just after the indian jones exit, imho. all the bamboo needs to be replaced, its like a montage to tagging :(

disneyhound
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
It's incredibly disrespectful to a wonderful place...
They likely have little respect for themselves, certainly no honor...

Another Dimension
05-16-2006, 06:03 PM
They likely have little respect for themselves, certainly no honor...

Well when they carve their name, their tag or their street into toilet seats.... it's obvious they really didn't put any thought or intelligence into where they are displaying themselves. And have no respect for anything or anyone.

I personally tend to keep my name and living location away from such places as toilets and/or trash cans.

It's amazing that these human trash don't realize that they are actually proud of their name, their street or their gang tag... that is crudely displayed on a toilet (where millions a year defecate) or on a trash can.
It's still vandalism and it's still disgusting... but those locations IMO are more than adequately fitting for their diminutive class and low intelligence.

tinklover25
05-16-2006, 07:50 PM
nice lol

darph nader
05-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry cousinphil it was late at night and i had a buzz on, The sad part i'm a smartypants myself.:eek:

PapiBear
05-17-2006, 01:32 AM
some of which are directly due to the increased cost in removing low class peoples, tags, graffitti and vandalism, to make the parks magical and clean again. :mad:With Britney Spears being a former Mouseketeer, how does one define "low class peoples," anyway?

"Human trash"? "Diminutive class"? Your classist elitism is disgusting.

Disneyfreak
05-17-2006, 02:28 AM
I noticed 2 weeks ago that someone drew a male genital on the haunted mansion exterior with a permanent marker. :mad:
Idiots.

Yes I do believe the 2fer brings some of the poorer people to Disneyland and it does result in more vandalism. I am not saying everyone who uses the 2fer vandalizes but it is statistically proven that poorer people tend to be the more destructive type. It usually happens because poorer people can't have Disneyland all the time so they try to make it cruddy for the rest of us that can afford it. The poorer people of society also tend to be less educated so there is your answer right there.

With Britney Spears being a former Mouseketeer, how does one define "low class peoples," anyway?

I guess you are one to think that a poor person living in a gang infested LA is just as moral as a rich person living in Laguna Hills right? You can't possibly deny these facts of life. I know you want it to be a perfect world where everyone acts independently of their surroundings but it just does not work that way. People tend to be bitter and hateful in society when they have bad lives; it is what it is, don't pretend wealth status doesn't matter, because it does.

PapiBear
05-17-2006, 05:09 AM
I guess you are one to think that a poor person living in a gang infested LA is just as moral as a rich person living in Laguna Hills right? Actually, yes, in fact, some poor people living in crime-ridden areas are actually MORE moral than rich people living in expensive gated communities. People who live in crime- or gang-infested areas aren't necessarily criminals or gangsters themselves, nor do they necessarily condone criminal or gang activity simply by virtue of living where they live and having low incomes. You clearly believe (rather fervently I might add) that people with annual incomes above a certain dollar amount are "good people" but people with annual incomes below a certain dollar amount are "bad people" (or perhaps you believe that people of a certain culture, or even of a certain ethnicity, are superior to other human beings). What is that magical dollar amount that is the lynchpin between good and bad, moral and immoral, in your worldview? Is it $30,000? $40,000? $50,000? $100,000? What is the culture you believe is superior? Is it, by any peculiar chance, yours? Is it an Anglo-American culture? Or perhaps a Germanic-American one?

You can't possibly deny these facts of life.Actually I can, and I just did, because they're not "facts of life," they're merely your personal opinion. One would think that with the kind of expensive education you might have received in Rancho Santa Margarita, you'd be able to easily determine the difference between a fact and an opinion. Somehow my underfunded public school education in Santa Ana enabled me to make such a determination quite easily. How is that?

I know you want it to be a perfect world where everyone acts independently of their surroundings but it just does not work that way. Actually, you don't know me personally and couldn't possibly know what I want.

People tend to be bitter and hateful in society when they have bad lives;So what's your excuse?

it is what it is, don't pretend wealth status doesn't matter, because it does.Oh I never said that social status isn't tied to one's income or bank statement in this country; quite the opposite - assuming that you can determine the nature of a person's heart by the size of his wallet is a concept that is quite popular in the USA today.

Unfortunately for you, there is plenty of evidence to contradict your claim to the moral high ground.

Another Dimension
05-17-2006, 06:00 AM
With Britney Spears being a former Mouseketeer, how does one define "low class peoples," anyway?

That's nice.

But really... regardless what you happen to think...
I am a far better person than anyone and everyone who carves anything into any piece of public or private (not their own) property.

They are ignorant trash... and they should be treated exactly like trash.

Even if you have personally partaken in that digusting widespread moronic hobby (or not)... you really have absolutely no viable excuses or valid case for vandalism.. against my beautiful facts.

End of story. :)

Disneyfreak
05-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Actually, yes, in fact, some poor people living in crime-ridden areas are actually MORE moral than rich people living in expensive gated communities. People who live in crime- or gang-infested areas aren't necessarily criminals or gangsters themselves, nor do they necessarily condone criminal or gang activity simply by virtue of living where they live and having low incomes. You clearly believe (rather fervently I might add) that people with annual incomes above a certain dollar amount are "good people" but people with annual incomes below a certain dollar amount are "bad people" (or perhaps you believe that people of a certain culture, or even of a certain ethnicity, are superior to other human beings). What is that magical dollar amount that is the lynchpin between good and bad, moral and immoral, in your worldview? Is it $30,000? $40,000? $50,000? $100,000? What is the culture you believe is superior? Is it, by any peculiar chance, yours? Is it an Anglo-American culture? Or perhaps a Germanic-American one?

Somehow I remember saying that not everyone was bad in a poor city but I guess I am just speaking to myself. No where did I say that everyone in a poor society promotes negative behavior. There is no proven money threshold between categorizing a certain type of people. It has to do with how comfortable they are or not, and if they were brought up in a strict household or not. Those are the thresholds, not a certain dollar amount.

Actually I can, and I just did, because they're not "facts of life," they're merely your personal opinion. One would think that with the kind of expensive education you might have received in Rancho Santa Margarita, you'd be able to easily determine the difference between a fact and an opinion. Somehow my underfunded public school education in Santa Ana enabled me to make such a determination quite easily. How is that?

So you are denying that LA has more crime than any other city in California? You are totally ignoring facts and being ignorant by stating otherwise. It is statisticly shown that poorer societies tend to have more crime as a whole. Again I will repeat myself, there are always exceptions to the rule and not everyone is bad. Society as a whole in a poor area is what I am talking about, not everyone, don't get the two mixed up. Considering your education, it was predictable you would mix the two up. Sorry but don't insult my education when you yourself didn't spell under funded correctly. Also considering that I am only nineteen while managing my own successful business and being in college at the same time says a lot.

Actually, you don't know me personally and couldn't possibly know what I want.
Frankly I don't care what you want.

So what's your excuse?
The only one that was being bitter and hateful was you. I was calmly describing fact which got you angry because the truth is hard to swallow with some people.

Oh I never said that social status isn't tied to one's income or bank statement in this country; quite the opposite - assuming that you can determine the nature of a person's heart by the size of his wallet is a concept that is quite popular in the USA today.
Never did I judge anyone by relating money to heart. It was simply stated poorer cities have more crime because some people tend to take it out on society when they can't have a great life like someone living in orange county. Of coarse there are people who have great heart while being poor, I was never diputing that. Being brought up from a poor home in Alhambra I can promise you that I have some experience with being poor for the first 12 years of my life, so I am not just talking out of my butt here.

Unfortunately for you, there is plenty of evidence to contradict your claim to the moral high ground.

The way things are done today is by sugarcoating the truth as much as possible while making everything politically correct. People all know the truth deep down but they will do everything they possibly can to hide it, just like you. I would love to see this evidence because it simply does not exist. I don't think you will have an easy time trying to find evidence or even convince anyone that poorer cities don't have more crime.

Here are some statistics:
Los Angeles: http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Los+Angeles&state=CA
Mission Viejo: http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Mission+Viejo&state=CA

Omnitographer
05-17-2006, 11:49 AM
you are a terrible terrible person for saying that. I got to go to dlr because of the 2fer. I got my AP because i was able to use the 2fer to spread out the cost of the AP over that 30 day period. i am not rich, far from it, im a poor *** college student who depends on mom and dad. i barely work because i cant get a job because *if* my dad needs me to come in and work, i need to be available, even though he cant give me full time. I love DLR and i would never damage it in any way. if i come accross a piece of litter in a ride que i will grab it and throw it in the nearest refuse bin. For you to categorize everyone who wasnt born into high society as the scum of the earth is ignorant and elitist. You come here, you purport yourself as a fan of everything disney, and yet i can point at Aladdin as a shining example the underpriviliged NOT being criminals and thugs. You want criminals? how about Martha Stewart, she STOLE money by using insider knowledge. millions of dollars, and yet a street thug who steals a purse faces harsher imprisonment than she did. Where is the justice in that? For you to condemn the poor working class for whom that 2fer presented a once a year oppurtunity to go to the parks as degenerates and filth sickens me.

Crazy4DL
05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I am aghast at some of the thinking here! :(

Thank goodness, a good majority of the people I have encountered in this world think a bit more along the lines PapiBear is trying to get across.