PDA

View Full Version : did anyone see today's (5/9) parade of dreams?

Hawkeye Jenny
05-09-2006, 11:55 PM
If not ya missed out on a strange scene. ;) ;) ;)

http://www.disneycastmagic.com/temp/dland-5-9-06-proposal.jpg :| ROFL

Everyone all together now: D'AWWWW!

TP2000
05-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I don't get it.

Hawkeye Jenny
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I don't get it.>>

Look at his upheld hand.

melmel
05-10-2006, 12:14 AM
did that really happen? that is a phenomenal break of show, and yet simultaneously AMAZING. exactly where on the parade route did this happen? I hope miss alice sees this, it's the shot of a lifetime. :) (i hope they didn't both lose their jobs)

chrisaustx
05-10-2006, 12:14 AM
he is showing her a ring in a box, and she looks mortified, well that's how most castmember relationships go, lol.

melmel
05-10-2006, 12:20 AM
can anybody who saw this set up the scene for me? The buildup and the immediate aftermath? :P

jMom
05-10-2006, 07:19 AM
THERE'S a story that will never die ... hope it has a happy ending!

Hawkeye Jenny
05-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Can you imagine the children? Curious and insane...

:eek:

ESS Heckler
05-10-2006, 08:32 AM
I don't think Alice looks mortified - I think she looks really surprised!

I hope, if she said yes, that you're able to get this picture to her. It is truly once in a lifetime and will be a treasured memory. What a great shot!

AVP
05-10-2006, 08:35 AM
No fair! I was there, but apparently not there to see this. This definitely tops the "how should I propose at Disneyland" thread. "First, you need to get a job as the Mad Hatter, and your intended should take a job as Alice..."

There has been a rumor running for years that the Prince proposed to Snow White during a performance of Fantasmic! (The end of their set, when he is on bended knee holding her hand) I've never heard if that was true, or just wishful thinking.

AVP

Opus1guy
05-10-2006, 09:03 AM
While the story may be true...that lens flare on the ring looks a little too perfect to me. As in Photoshop-perfect. So that kinda makes me wonder.

cstephens
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
OK, maybe it's just me, but being proposed to in that fashion (in public while I'm working) would not appeal to me at all. I much prefer a more intimate setting.

Though the proposal on "Deal or No Deal" was pretty cool...

geoffa
05-10-2006, 09:35 AM
And Disney's policy on this sort of action would be...........?????????

MarkVI
05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
This is really great, but unfortunately looks can be decieving!

The first picture:
http://www.disneycastmagic.com/temp/dland-5-9-06-proposal.jpg

another picture in the same directory:
http://www.disneycastmagic.com/temp/dland-5-9-06-proposal-2.jpg

It could be eitherway, but it's still amazing.:)

kimmybear
05-10-2006, 11:38 AM
are there any "after" shots? how'd it all play out?

IndySpacePirate
05-10-2006, 11:48 AM
MarkVI, great find! The ring did look a little odd to me as well.

Hawkeye Jenny
05-10-2006, 12:05 PM
The rumor backstage is that the ring was in a tiny white box (so it wouldn't be obvious to onlookers in the white glove maybe?) and was much too small be seen in the photo. The more noticeable box/stone shine was cg'd in by the photographer so no one would missguess what was happening.

The other flying rumor is that he got away with it by enlisting friends, family and coworkers to take up all the sidewalk viewing areas ahead of time along that short stretch - so regular guests weren't likely to see anything.

Her expression and line of sight does fit it perfectly, as does his. Anyway everyone's being somewhat hush hush now backstage so the two don't get in any trouble should the wrong manager overhear.

Might be nothing but rumors based off a clever (and lucky) photo but aww, I kinda hope it's true..that's just too cute for words. :geek:

MarkVI
05-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I hope it's true too, lol. Yea, the line of sight and expression do fit very well, that's why I'm not saying it's absolutely not real :D
Thanks for showing us this!

PirateSmile
05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I had the same expression as Alice there for a second. (I'm a sucker for romantic stuff.) Too cute!

cstephens
05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Anyway everyone's being somewhat hush hush now backstage so the two don't get in any trouble should the wrong manager overhear.

I'm not sure how "hush hush" it is given that the picture is posted and publicly accessible so you can see the faces of the two people really well, and the link to the picture has been posted on at least two Disney-related discussion boards that Disney is known to monitor...

crrees
05-10-2006, 03:07 PM
this is absolutely one of my favorite pictures i have ever seen.

Even if its not real, the expression on Alice's face is priceless. I am the type of person who wants to suprise my future wife (hopefully). And for the two who work at Disney must have a passion for it, so this way of proposing has to be unique, and never done before. If it is real congradulations!

See what a little wishing can do?

animalx
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Isn't that the same guy who was in that Tigger suit a few years back?:eek: :eek: :eek: