PDA

View Full Version : How is FastPass going to work for "Rock-It Mountain"?

Pages : [1] 2

animagusurreal
05-09-2006, 11:38 PM
I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but I was just wondering how they're going to work FastPass for Rock-It Mountain, assuming they're still going to do the thing of having Space by day and Rock-It by night. Would there be two seperate FP stations, or would Space FP stations just start giving out Rock-It FP's at some point? Or would Rock-It FP's not be available until it opens at night?

chrisaustx
05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Rockit Mountain won't happen, according to what another website said. The effects were designed by people under Cynthia Harriss and were very tacky, so the whole project is going to be dumped. The grad night people will see it and probably laugh, but after that, it will go to Yesterland, where most of Cynthia Harriss's ideas should go.

Another Dimension
05-10-2006, 12:28 AM
When Rock-it Mtn runs it's temporary run in early 2007 for the public (not counting it's upcoming and guaranteed Grad Night run)... it is presently (tentatively) scheduled to run during park hours from opening til close and not be a switch-over from Space to Rock-IT as originally planned by WDI.

Rock-IT apparently will still happen, will be temporary and along with Space.. another Disneyland Resort coaster will get a similar treatment.
This info is from a long time TDA insider with an excellent record of news...

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33137

The idea of Rock It Mountain initially was pitched to go online this year during the summer, but Pirates II bumped that out as a priority. At the time that decision was made Grad Nite schools had already been promoted as having Rock It Mountain open for their after hours party, so Disneyland will honor that launch time frame. However, Rock It Mountain now stands to be launched for a limited time period early next year, along with a similar music and potential lighting effects overlay on another roller coaster. I’ll let you all guess which one. The Rock It Mountain and sister coaster overlays will run during regular operating hours and not be switched over at a certain time during the day. Well, at least that is the plan right now. It isn’t quite as easy as WDI imagined in “flipping” a switch to turn on Rock It Mountain.

As the rest of the article/post says... apparently all the doomsaying about Rock-IT on another website isn't true.
It's done and complete inside. Just not perfect. But that's what testing and tweaks are for. :)

chrisaustx
05-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I seriously doubt Rock it Mountain will ever debut to the public, its a Cynthia Harriss idea, that the current management dislikes, and was made up to bring up attendance numbers. When Pirates opens and Finding Nemo is going full swing, there will be no reason to have a Rockit Mountain, the complaints to City Hall will out number the riders of Rockit Mountain. So even your "insider" source doesn't think it will happen any time soon.

sunfun94
05-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I seriously doubt Rock it Mountain will ever debut to the public, its a Cynthia Harriss idea, that the current management dislikes, and was made up to bring up attendance numbers. When Pirates opens and Finding Nemo is going full swing, there will be no reason to have a Rockit Mountain, the complaints to City Hall will out number the riders of Rockit Mountain. So even your "insider" source doesn't think it will happen any time soon.

Huh? Where did you get that "your "insider" source doesn't think it will happen any time soon" out of what was just typed before you?? Is there a reason you are being so negative about this whole situation?

chrisaustx
05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I was writing in response to the mouseinfo article Another Dimension cited, where some "insider" savages Al Lutiz, read the full mouseinfo article. Anything that was dreamed up by Cynthia Harriss is a disaster,John Lsseter wants to wipe every single idea Cynthia Harriss had out of the park, so I am very doubtful of Rockit Mountain ever happening. Guests who traveled to Disneyland from out of the area, who find Space Mountain closed, and some light show, Rock N Roll music thing in its place, will complain heavily to City Hall, and will demand to ride Space Mountain. In my opinion the odds are against the public ever seeing this Cynthia Harriss project come into reality.

Nowhereman
05-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Everyone has this whole rockit mountain thing wrong. Its way cooler than anyone has been saying. and as a matter of fact, I bet no one whos talking about it has actually been on it. Ive been on at least 5 times. its cool that it is different from the day time version. the whole exit hallway plays different rock music, all of which is current not older rock. i dont want to give the on ride music away, but by tomorrow or friday you will hear reports that the music on the ride is NOT older than 5 years. They decided to go with something much more current. AND the change over right now as it stands IS A FLIP OF THE SWITCH. although, it takes about 5 minutes. i really dont know where everyone is getting there info.

JookyG
05-10-2006, 10:48 AM
I liked the idea of a nighttime switch for Space Mountain. But I can't imagine an all-day switch will go over well with guests, even if it is temporary. Not being able to ride SM at all will be a major reason to *not* visit the park during that period.

chrisaustx
05-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Cynthia Harriss also thought a mini sized Tower of Terror would be cool, tearing out a 30 year old County Bears attracting and replacing it with a cardboard Pooh would be cool and peppering the park with vending carts would be cool. Everything I have read, heard and seen with my own eyes about the Rockit Mountain idea smells of a Cynthia Harris disaster. There are lots of Disneyland fans out there who thought all the vending carts, the card board pooh and a pint sized Tower of Terror finally fixed Disneyland, I am not one of them. John Lasseter does come down from the Bay Area to Disneyland quite often now, several months back I saw him,Bob Iger, and maybe Steve Jobbs, I am not sure who the third guy was. The big front gates of Disneyland opened and all the employees with radios came ruining, and John Lasseter and his family walked right in, no tickets, no turn styles, the front gates just opened up like Aladdin was walking in. So trust me, if this thing is a Cynthia Harriss disaster, as it has been described, John Lasseter will be one of the first to ride it, and dispose of it. I am so glad that when I visit the park at times, I see the people in charge there, maybe that is why the Disney stock is now $29.95! :)

sunfun94
05-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Cynthia Harriss also thought a mini sized Tower of Terror would be cool, tearing out a 30 year old County Bears attracting and replacing it with a cardboard Pooh would be cool and peppering the park with vending carts would be cool. Everything I have read, heard and seen with my own eyes about the Rockit Mountain idea smells of a Cynthia Harris disaster. :)

I am sooo confused on your thoughts... DO you honestly think that while WTP did replace a classic ( that classic being a much better version that its counterpart in WDW) sad definatly, didnt revived that area back behind SpM? I think it did... My DD's favorite ride (besides the Astro Orbitor) is WTP and Im so happy to have a dark ride that doesnt have such a "dark" side to it like Snow White and Pinocchio. I would ride it endlessly with her to see the smile on her face and to hear her sing the song. Not to mention, it is hardly cardboard.

Have you been on ToT??!! That ride just like its counterpart in WDW ROCKS! How can you complain about that attraction?

My next question, what exactly have you "seen with your own eyes"? Apparently we have some a bit more knowledgeable about the situation...

olegc
05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Cynthia Harriss also thought a mini sized Tower of Terror would be cool, tearing out a 30 year old County Bears attracting and replacing it with a cardboard Pooh would be cool and peppering the park with vending carts would be cool. Everything I have read, heard and seen with my own eyes about the Rockit Mountain idea smells of a Cynthia Harris disaster. There are lots of Disneyland fans out there who thought all the vending carts, the card board pooh and a pint sized Tower of Terror finally fixed Disneyland, I am not one of them. John Lasseter does come down from the Bay Area to Disneyland quite often now, several months back I saw him,Bob Iger, and maybe Steve Jobbs, I am not sure who the third guy was. The big front gates of Disneyland opened and all the employees with radios came ruining, and John Lasseter and his family walked right in, no tickets, no turn styles, the front gates just opened up like Aladdin was walking in. So trust me, if this thing is a Cynthia Harriss disaster, as it has been described, John Lasseter will be one of the first to ride it, and dispose of it. I am so glad that when I visit the park at times, I see the people in charge there, maybe that is why the Disney stock is now $29.95! :)

Look - many ideas for the 50th were nixed by new management because they were poor Cynthia ideas - but some have stayed. Why? Because they were not HER ideas but imagineers or entertainments' ideas. The new management has greenlit or modified many of the plans and designs in order to ensure that the "show" is effective. Why do you think the release to the public from the planned date has been delayed? They want to tweak it to make it better. It's what they do..

Cynthia is old news and not really part of the current park community. Get off that and lets focus on what we can do now... Who cares about her anyway anymore..... Can we get back on topic?

kimmybear
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM

so we either believe your speculation or the insider source? i think the source has more credibility...

Another Dimension
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Well it's not my inside source.

She's incredibly respected by the members and the owners of MI.

Far more respected (and much more often correct with rumors and news )than any other insider resource on the Internet. Time after time after time.

....and she also admits when she makes mistakes or Disney changes it's mind with concepts and/or operations.
Many others completely refuse to admit any mistakes or their insider imperfections.
Wonder why....? :rolleyes:

She also said... (and until things change at TDA) Rock-IT is going to debut for a short time in early 2007.

Also... just to correct some misinformation... Rock-It is not a Cynthia Harris idea... she was the President of Disneyland.

Just as much as DCA, Remember, Haunted Mansion Holiday, It's a Small World Holiday and the list goes on and on... based on things that were absolutely not Cynthia's original ideas.

Cynthia was not a creatives Cast Member/Disney employwee that worked in DDS or WDI.

Rock-IT.. along with at least 90% of the Disneyland Resort was WDI ideas. Ya know.. Walt Disney Imagineering? :confused:

Sure DDS did some of DCA and does the fireworks and HMH and IaSWH overlays... but the parks were still mostly designed and built ...and always will be... by Walt Disney Imagineering.
Especially with Mr. JL in the drivers seat.

I don't get this rampant hate of Cynthia Harriss, that some people still fester. She didn't do a great job as President.. ok.
But she was and still is a very nice person and the Mouse fan vemon still slung at this no-longer Disney employed former exec is pretty sad.
Someone had to say it. It's sad.

Under Cynthia we got DCA (with arguably some of the best attractions in the entire Disney empire), HMH, IaSMW, Believe (2 of them, both AWESOME), Imagine... and she was around when Remember, PoD and Bash were concepted, designed and budgeted.

It's always nice to hear some facts... The fireworks shows under Cynthia's command... are without question the best fireworks shows Disneyland has ever shot off.

Imagine that.... :D

Darkbeer
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-74836-P-12&Refresh=0423213242&C=1

If Marcie's posts are TDA's attempts at getting their spin out there in an unofficial way, then I'm not impressed. In fact, I'm kind of embarassed for them.

Her info about attendance is often wrong, and she usually makes stuff up to try and make DCA attendance look better than reality. I've seen her do that numerous times over the past few years. I know it may seem silly coming from some lowly CM, but I've explained repeatedly in the past how many hourly CM's have access to daily attendance figures, the projected attendance for the day as well as the current in park attendance numbers. When you are a Lead of an E Ticket attraction, your manager looks at their pager with the latest hourly attendance figures and tells you the info point blank so you can plan staffing, queue strategy, Fastpass distribution strategy, etc. Attendance info is also widely discussed at the daily Roll Call the Leads have with their managers.

That said, I know what attendance numbers are for key weekends, and the stuff Marcie talks about as an attempt to try and discredit Al's numbers are often very wrong. Al always seems to have the right attendance info, and then Marcie will try and throw out different numbers that pump up DCA's real numbers as both an apparent attempt to discredit Al and make DCA look stronger than it is.

And as a Disneyland Lead, I've got friends who are Leads in Guest Services and DCA Attractions. When we talk shop at parties or Starbucks after our shifts, the attendance figures for the day are always thrown out as part of the discussion. Marcie seems to live in another world when it comes to that type of info many times.

Darkbeer
05-10-2006, 02:56 PM
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?id=1305

She [Marcie] wrote that the maintenance budget at Disneyland has NOT been reduced in the past few years. Which is nothing but a LIE. Even a cursory glance at David Koenig's "More Mouse Tales" would tell you that. But I guess some hack at a Disney Dork site would know better than one of the most respected Disney historians alive.

I repeat... STAY AWAY from mouseinfo... cuz that info is WRONG!

Another Dimension
05-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Cynthia Harriss also thought a mini sized Tower of Terror would be cool

Well since you hijacked this thread to further (and mostly incorrectly) villainize a nice person and ex-Disney executive....
:(
I think a few more facts are in order.

Walt Disney Imagineering concepted and built the new Tower design at DCA.

Sure some details here and there were cut from that concept by Cynthia (and Paul Pressler, being in charge of all of the parks at that time)... but.. the DCA Tower concept was 100% WDI's idea.

Whether anyfan likes it or not.. the WDW ToT 5th Dimension concept is DEAD.

DCA got it, Paris is getting it, Tokyo (with a different storyline) is getting it.
No more 5th/forward movement.. except in Florida.

I can absolutely assure you that the other Tower's being built around the world... were not Cynthia Harriss ideas... just like the DCA Tower wasn't.

Her management team signed off on and bought into what they wanted from what WDI was selling. That is all.
End of Story.

I don't even recall A.L. claming that DCA Tower was Cynthia's idea. Because I know for a fact he certainly knows it wasn't her idea also.

Cynthia signed off on the DCA Tower... based on price tag and fit for it's location. Not based on what she liked or any of her ideas.
If she actually had any. Being as that wasn't what she was hired for.

tearing out a 30 year old County Bears attracting and replacing it with a cardboard Pooh

Cynthia bought off on the WDI concept she could afford based on budget constraints. Pooh was/it a cash cow and sold more and still does sell more than the Country Bears (which I also prefer) in merchandise. Blend in other WDI politics with the cost and size and scope (c-ticket!!!) TDA wanted for Pooh .. and that is why DL didn't get TDL Pooh.
It's a done deal. Built and open.
The past is not going to change.
TDL Pooh isn't ever going to be crammed into Critter Country at DL.
Sorry. But I think it's best to move on...

would be cool and peppering the park with vending carts would be cool.

Well actually that was Paul Pressler.

And Matt sure seems to be 100% against all ODV doesn't he? Visually and internally it sure doesn't seem like it.
Why for? Because normal Guests like to snack a lot and because TDA loves the ODV money that comes in a lot.

Everything I have read, heard and seen with my own eyes about the Rockit Mountain idea smells of a Cynthia Harris disaster.

Hmmm.
Read, heard, seen and smelled. (All online?)
Yet you haven't personally ridden ROCK-It or talked directly to anyone at Imagineering about it?

There are lots of Disneyland fans out there who thought all the vending carts, the card board pooh and a pint sized Tower of Terror finally fixed Disneyland, I am not one of them.

Ummm...
Disneyland is broken? The place is packed! Record crowds.
Does DL really seem broken?

ODV was meant to fix DL?
Guests are amazingly hungry, ODV carts are more wide open and have shorter lines and mostly sell different things than the stores do.

Maybe if DL Guests stopped being so hungry, Disneyland would be a better place and less broken?

Pint sized Tower? It's 16 feet shorter than WDW's, it goes underground further than WDWs does, it's footprint is smaller than WDW's (because it had to be) and it's a different show and not a clone.. which to millions is a good thing.

And I can guarantee you... there is not 1 single piece of 'cardboard' in Pooh.

Fiber board and plywood yes. But not 1 single piece of cardboard.

Ever work with cardboard?
The wind in the first scene alone would have blown over and bent any 'cardboard' sets in a matter of hours... much less months. I know other websites love to sling the word 'cardboard' as evil incarnate itself.
But it's just a fantasy.
None of the Fantasyland dark rides are forever humiliated with 'cardboard' sets either. I hope that's not a spoiler. :confused:

Also... Tower is at DCA, not inside Disneyland. It was built to entertain and increase crowds at a different park.
Same resort.. different parks.
Just like Mission: Space isn't in the Magic Kingdom.

John Lasseter does come down from the Bay Area to Disneyland quite often now, several months back I saw him,Bob Iger, and maybe Steve Jobbs, I am not sure who the third guy was. The big front gates of Disneyland opened and all the employees with radios came ruining, and John Lasseter and his family walked right in, no tickets, no turn styles, the front gates just opened up like Aladdin was walking in.

Sounds like Prince Ali was the 3rd guy maybe?? ;)

So trust me, if this thing is a Cynthia Harriss disaster, as it has been described, John Lasseter will be one of the first to ride it, and dispose of it.

If? What happened to Cynthia's ROCK-It(tm) you were so spitefully condemning?

If JL was the first it ride it... (which he absolutely wasn't) it would have been... early last year!

100s of people have ridden Rock-It now. If Mr JL even has.
If he was there during park hours.. i have serious doubt he somehow rode it then.

I am so glad that when I visit the park at times, I see the people in charge there, maybe that is why the Disney stock is now $29.95! :)

Strange conclusion to your post.

:cool:

Osky
05-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Cynthia was not a creatives Cast Member/Disney employwee that worked in DDS or WDI.

Rock-IT.. along with at least 90% of the Disneyland Resort was WDI ideas. Ya know.. Walt Disney Imagineering?

and

Under Cynthia we got DCA (with arguably some of the best attractions in the entire Disney empire), HMH, IaSMW, Believe (2 of them, both AWESOME), Imagine... and she was around when Remember, PoD and Bash were concepted, designed and budgeted.

It's always nice to hear some facts... The fireworks shows under Cynthia's command... are without question the best fireworks shows Disneyland has ever shot off.

Imagine that....

Hmmm. Can't blame her for the bad, but we should give her credit for the good? Sounds like you want your cake, and you want to eat it too...

Another Dimension
05-10-2006, 03:47 PM
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?id=1305

Two posts from fans on other boards who don't work at TDA.. and who happen to agree with your POV. That's good.
Which as I can recall has been anti-Marcie and anti-MI for quite a while.
Tis all.

I, myself, tend to trust the insider people who are honest, don't have an axe to grind (for some reason), have better track records for years now with Disney rumors and news.... and ....who admit when they actually make and/or report mistakes or when Disney changes it's mind.
They don't claim 100% perfection and don't discourage questioning Disney's changes or their mistakes. I tend to enjoy those type of people.

As far as staying away from Mouseinfo (AKA other fine fan boards competition)... I think I will continue to exercise my freedom of choice and make my own decisions based on all the information out there.
It always works out best for me.

Maybe others?!?! :rolleyes:

After all.. so many other boards experts were wrong... and millions of people... including me.. love DCA and have FUN there, as I am having FUN during the 50th (which was degraded by some, and I'm not supposed to be enjoying), I actually love Remember... and I could go on listing things that other sites have roasted endlessly for years on end that they individually and personally hated with a fiery passion.. but why bother?
I think I made my point.
Quite well.
After being told to hate DCA... (and the new Space Mtn for that matter( many people made up their own minds and like the park and the new Space Mtn (respectively).

I also remember a time span.. which was actually pretty long.. that some people who now presently aren't in favor with some sites, (or vice versa) sure loved those sites, based on their post counts there.
Prior defenses of said sites too. Which is quite interesting actually....
Not really interesting... I'm kidding.
Soap Operas bore me.

I personally am looking forward to Rock-It (if and when) and looking forward to reading more upcoming news & rumors about the Disneyland Resort. From the good sites anyway.
Mouse Planet included. :D

Another Dimension
05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
and

Hmmm. Can't blame her for the bad, but we should give her credit for the good? Sounds like you want your cake, and you want to eat it too...

I'm not blaming Cynthia for the good or the bad.. whether I like each offering or not. If Cynthia is to blame for the bad... then she's open game for the good.. and vice versa.

The fact is... Cynthia didn't work for DDS or WDI and didn't design DCA, HMH, IaSWH, Tower or or or or.... but if she is going to still be villified for stuff at the DLR under her watch.. as long as I am around she will honestly be praised for what she oversaw.
But she didn't design any of those attractions or shows.

I'm not specifically blaming Cynthia for any good or bad... unless she is being blamed for the bad she didn't create... then she will be praised along the same lines... honestly and adequately.
All I am doing is stating facts on what the woman did and didn't do... and what her job at Disney was. And it's WASN'T creative.

And News Flash for some... Cynthia's budget choices and restraints were directly influenced by Eisner's 20% ultimatum and controlled by Eisner, Staggs and Iger and Burbank in general. Just like WDI is.

Cynthia did not cut budgets on DCA, Tower or anything else by 100% personal choice... she did it all because of corporate influence and saving her neck a few more months.
Anyone who believes and nonstop insultingly berates this genuinely nice woman (who is also now an EX DISNEY EXEC) that thinks she purposely cut budgets to ruin your vacation or cause millions message baord mental stress.... really needs to remember Burbank and the corporate control Burbank has over all the parks.... and park presidents.
....and finally (in 2006) get off Cynthia's back. She's gone. Move on.

chrisaustx
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
The marketing strategy of Cynthia Harriss was always: yes my ideas suck, yes DCA is a failure, but I will add something new that will fix everything at DCA and finally it will make money. Cynthia Harriss wanted to put up a bust of: Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Daisy and Minnie on the side of the Matterhorn for the 50th, but thank god someone stopped her. Yes the Disney stock price has increased because instead of dumb, devalued and mediocre decisions being made, the new actions of the company have increased its future ability to make money. The whole concept of having a Rockit Mountain was to help the "sucky" Space Mountain, with a new way to bring in dollars for the park. The line at night is rarely less than 45 min. long, why the heck would you want to add a Rockit Mountain and have a 2 hour line at night? This does not make sense if the ride is almost always packed. I have seen the light bars and things inside of Space Mountain, if you look at the beams you will see the lights. I got to walk off Space Mountain in April and saw all he goodies with the lights on. If I was 13 and saw all the groovy lights, yes I would think its cool, but its repeatability is very low. And the Tower of Terror has been a complete disaster, the line for the ride is NEVER more than 15 to 20 min., millions were spent on that ride and not many people ride it, definitely a business decision that was a mistake. A new 50 million dollar ride should have been built in DCA, that the whole family could ride and would have huge popularity, like Monsters, Inc. has. If you went to the park in 2003 like I did, and were mortified by seeing walls with termite damage, paint peeling off every wall, gang markings on the walls in Fantasyland, the "F" word written on an inside door on Mr. Toads Wild Ride, that profanity remained there for months, and seeing 10 vending carts in any open space, you would also feel strongly that Cynthia Harriss was bad. The Big Thunder Railroad accident was completely preventable, if Cynthia Harriss had not outsourced the maintenance to lax contractors, and the teams that exist now were in place, that kid would not have been crushed by the Big Thunder Enginge, he died on the ride! I blame Cynthia Harriss for the decline of the park and even the death of a guest, you can't get much more serious as that.

Another Dimension
05-10-2006, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE]The marketing strategy of Cynthia Harriss was always: yes my ideas suck, yes DCA is a failure, but I will add something new that will fix everything at DCA and finally it will make money.

DCA makes money... but the rest of the above quote is interesting. Not true. But interesting.

Cynthia Harriss wanted to put up a bust of: Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Daisy and Minnie on the side of the Matterhorn for the 50th, but thank god someone stopped her.

Actually it was an old rumor and mostly a joke. DDS idea, Cynthia didn't sign off on it. Next.

Yes the Disney stock price has increased because instead of dumb, devalued and mediocre decisions being made, the new actions of the company have increased its future ability to make money.

Burbank.
Team Disney Anaheim and WDC stock prices... different universes.
Next.

The whole concept of having a Rockit Mountain was to help the "sucky" Space Mountain, with a new way to bring in dollars for the park.

Longest line in the park all-day-long = "sucky" space Mountain. Got ya!

Disneyland wanted a new way to bring in dollars? ACK!
That's almost unheard of for a business in this day and age to try that tired scheme.
It should be illegal!

The line at night is rarely less than 45 min. long, why the heck would you want to add a Rockit Mountain and have a 2 hour line at night?

It was an Imagineering concept, and a marketing idea, and it follows the everlasting concept of plussing the park exactly as some guy named Walt babbled endlessly about, just over 50 years ago to everyone who would listen and Rock-It was a cheap, yet still cool, way for Disneyland to get their own Rock n Roller Coaster attraction with similar FX to boost attendance a bit during the slow time after the 50th and before Nemo in late spring and literally 10000s on Dis fan message boards as far as the browser can surf, were drooling over the whole concept with excitment and curiousity until one new article by someone on their 99% unhappy site... and then 10000s started ranting about how bad an idea Rock-IT might be...

I think Rock-It still sounds like a cool idea. Others opinions... no matter how many hits their site gets... don't change my own views. I'm funny that way.

This does not make sense if the ride is almost always packed. I have seen the light bars and things inside of Space Mountain, if you look at the beams you will see the lights. I got to walk off Space Mountain in April and saw all he goodies with the lights on.

Which is pretty much as exciting as all the lighted rides I have had on the old Space Mtn. Face it... just like a dark ride... if the work lights are on and the show isn't... it's going to be pretty lame looking.

If I was 13 and saw all the groovy lights, yes I would think its cool, but its repeatability is very low.

So just ride it for the coaster or the darkness? It's not going to be that different than Space Mtn. Or Space Mtn + DLPS Rock n Roller Coaster. It's a theme park roller coaster.... no matter what show DIsney is forcing on its guests. It is absolutely not a visit to the DMV or the hell on earth that some people are hyping Rock-IT Mtn as. Some peoples tantrum-like over-drama based on simple changes to a simple 'show' and simple FX on a simple coaster is really pathetic.....

And the Tower of Terror has been a complete disaster, the line for the ride is NEVER more than 15 to 20 min., millions were spent on that ride and not many people ride it, definitely a business decision that was a mistake.

Zzzzzz. High capacity attractions eat crowds. Many love te DCA Tower.
Next!!

And not having to wait a long time to ride something is bad.... why?

Go to Cedar Point and observe the low capacity and short (in length) attractions that people wait 3 and 4 hrs for.
Are they popular rides, yes. Does their capacity make Disney laugh.... very much. Does their atrocious wait times mean anything vs their popularity? Nope. DCA gets more Guests annually than Cedar Point. I'd rather spend less time in line... those Guests that love seeing long waits. Have fun!

A new 50 million dollar ride should have been built in DCA, that the whole family could ride and would have huge popularity, like Monsters, Inc. has.

Monsters wasn't 50 mil...

If you went to the park in 2003 like I did, and were mortified by seeing walls with termite damage, paint peeling off every wall, gang markings on the walls in Fantasyland, the "F" word written on an inside door on Mr. Toads Wild Ride, that profanity remained there for months, and seeing 10 vending carts in any open space, you would also feel strongly that Cynthia Harriss was bad.

I went several hundred times in 2003... and open your eyes... DL and DCA are more carved now than ever.

Low class people are now carving the plants in Fliks Fun Fair and all of the metal I see in restroom stalls arte now carved by human scum. It's the 2fer. It's discounts. Ya discount and ya get vandalism and lower common denominator people. Just like at Six Flags and just like in Coaster Tycoon. Ya let the low class scum in cheaper and they devalue your property.
It should be obvious to Disney... they run theme parks.

I generally don't buy from ODV at all... but 13 million (plus) other people a year do.. and I would imagine even some Mouse Padders actually buy and eat food from the ODV carts. GASP!!

I just can't imagine why TDA (even under Matt) still keeps them open. Can you? Maybe a large amount of $$$. It is a business... remember?

The Big Thunder Railroad accident was completely preventable, if Cynthia Harriss had not outsourced the maintenance to lax contractors, and the teams that exist now were in place, that kid would not have been crushed by the Big Thunder Enginge, he died on the ride! I blame Cynthia Harriss for the decline of the park and even the death of a guest, you can't get much more serious as that.

What happened on Thunder was sickening... and it happened.
It's over.
It's the past.
Learn from it.. but don't shove something so sick into peoples faces again to prove what everyone except Disneyland management knows is a fact.

It happened.. and everyone knows why. No dispute. Bad idea to bring it up when out of real facts... IMO... but whatever. Facts are facts.

But most of all... you have absolutely zero idea how anyone inside Disney felt at the loss of another human life... and especially you have zero idea how Ms Cynthia Harriss felt or still feels after that unbelieable tragedy happened. And you know you don't know how she feels.

And no one should ever pretend to feel how someone else felt... especially the person in charge. That's incredibly immature and disrespectful.. to everyone involved. Especially for those who were not involved to speclate on how others felt.

Seriously.. just because some people come off as 100% heartless based on the Columbia and Thunder fatalities in their reports... doesn't make it cool or acceptible to throw around tragic loss whenever some people want to prove a point everyone else wants to put behind them or to mimic others heartless online behavior!!!

Cynthia learned and DL learned from it's mistakes. Sadly it still makes them all the time... like screwing up the brakes on Screamin' last year. :rolleyes:

Cynthia is gone.. move on. She wasn't perfect.. but why so many people online blindly hated.. and still hate this nice person... is just WEAK. :p

TP2000
05-11-2006, 01:27 AM
I didn't like Cynthia because she seemed so fake. All of her caring and "passion" for Disneyland was all an act, like a bad local politician. Here, let me hug you and tell you how FABULOUS I think DCA is going to be!

If she really cared as much for Disneyland as she claimed she did during the 1997-2003 period, then why was she absent from the 50th Anniversary? (Besides the obvious fact that Pressler and Harriss were the only two former executives not invited to anything anymore, let alone sit in the front row with Lindquist, Dominguez, etc.) She didn't buy a ticket to come to Disneyland to celebrate the 50th she worked so hard to plan for? She didn't want to come back and hug the hourly CM's again? Maybe ride Winnie The Pooh? Trade pins?

Blech. The woman was a fake.

Where do we think she's going to go after she leaves The Gap suddenly to "spend more time with family" once Pressler gets fired by the board for abysmal profits for a third year in a row?

chrisaustx
05-11-2006, 08:11 AM
If the Tower of Terror was never built, and instead those millions of dollars were spent by Cynthia on an original, family oriented ride, which had high capacity and an original concept, like Monsters Inc., then it would have been money well spent, Monsters Inc., cost very little and brought in a great amount of cash to the park. To take a dinosaur of a ride, like Tower of Terror, that has nothing to do with Disney, spend millions on it, and then have the park guests ignore it for the most part, is a shame. What happens at Disneyland does affect shareholders, the theme parks are 25% of the total business, had the 50th been run by Harriss and been a complete disaster, I would have felt the loss in my dividend check. My prediction is that the Tower of Terror will be torn down within ten years, and something great, popular and entertaining will be put up in its place. Even when the Tower of Terror was new, the park guests ignored it, if you call going up in an elevator for 5 min., then being dropped, a "rockin" ride, so be it, you can just get back in line and ride it all day if you want, most of the park guests ignore Tower of Terror all together. Thank god the Walt Disney Company now has John Lasseter supervising things , that reason alone has brought up the stock price and hopefully the days of bad business decisions such as: The Tower of Terror, The DCA Soap Opera Days, The DCA X-Games, and Rockit Mountain are now gone. Bring on new ideas, not tweaks or rip offs of other old and tired ideas.

ralfrick
05-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Having not ridden the DCA ToT, I can't comment on it's execution. However, it is considered by many to be the single best attraction at WDW, and the UoG states "This one ride is worth your admission to Disney-MGM Studios". Knowing that, it's pretty hard to find fault with the idea of replicating it in California.

Cheers.

Osky
05-11-2006, 01:06 PM
If replication is a no-no, then I guess they never should have built WDW's Magic Kingdom, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland...