PDA

View Full Version : Surprises for a Mom for her B-day

Stitch Lover
05-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Hello Everyone!

This is my first time to start a new thread:) anyway, I was wanting some suggestions for something I could do for my mom for her b-day. She and I are HUGE Disney fans and we are going to Disneyland in August. Her b-day is August 7th and we are going August 18th, 20th, and 21st. I have gotten some ideas from some other threads; like the different b-day things DL does, gift baskets in the hotel rooms, etc. but I was wondering if there was anything else. Like a suggestion for something I could get for her while we are there? She loves the Disney cats. I think her favorite is Figaro.

Also, we are staying offsite. I do like the idea of a nice gift basket. I am not sure how I can do this though. I would like something in the room before we arrive, but not sure what and how I would get it done. As you can see, I am pretty unsure and confused about what to do!:) Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!:D

I Heart Disneyland!
05-09-2006, 10:20 AM
You should get a silouette on Main Street for her gift basket! (Of you and if you have kids)

05-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Please don't flame me but I don't like gift baskets that somebody else put together. It's just too corporate.

As a mom, I'd just want time with my daughters and a silhouette of the three of us to remember it by.

Stitch Lover
05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
thank you both for the suggestions. i have already thought to do the silhouette of both of us. we are going to do it together and i think exchange them. i get hers and she gets mine:)

with the gift basket, i can understand what you mean, 3894, i don't usally do gift baskets. i just liked the idea for it being there when we get to the room. i can't think of anything else to be there....

also, for the record, i don't have kids. i am only 20 years old. i just turned 20 on april 19th:)

05-09-2006, 11:13 AM
also, for the record, i don't have kids. i am only 20 years old. i just turned 20 on april 19th:)

Okay, gotcha. My daughters are 16 and 13. We went to the DLR Oct. 04, leaving dad at home. It was a lovely trip. I know yours will be lovely, too.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, my younger daughter was watching what I looked at in shops. She secretly bought me a yellow blown-glass rose and a fancy princess pen (you know, regular ballpoint pen with a feather on it). She put those away for Christmas. What a wonderful surprise that was!

My other favorite memento of the trip is sitting on a shelf behind me: a framed snapshot of my daughters with Goofy.

JookyG
05-09-2006, 11:24 AM
This is an experience, not a physical hold-in-your-hands gift, but for Mother's Day, I'm taking my mom on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Tour or not, the time we'll be spending together in the parks will be a better gift than I could buy her (we live 1000 miles apart). I told her last night, and she's very excited, being a big Disney fan and all. Also treating her to a nice table service lunch (Napa Rose isn't in the budget, unfortunately). These might be things to consider for your mom if you can't find the perfect thing to buy her. Personally, I don't like buying stuff for people. Most people already have too much stuff--memories last just as long and don't take up room on a shelf. Although photos that capture those memories are awfully nice.

Instead of the gift basket, what about flowers for the hotel room? Your hotel should be able to point you to a local florist, where you can call ahead and have them deliver before you arrive. That would be a great way to brighten up a drab hotel room! ...And then you'll have flowers available in case you need to lay them at the entrance to any attraction that might be getting refurbed or updated during your stay ;)

Stitch Lover
05-09-2006, 12:11 PM
3894; yes. i am really looking forward to this trip!:) we went back in dec. 2005 and i having withdrawls from not going!;) going to mouseplanet everyday helps though....:)

i usally end up doing that. my mom and i spend a lot of time together, and when i want to get her something, i just keep an eye on what she looks at when we are shopping or what she talks abouting wanting. that was very nice of your daughter to do:) and a very good idea!

yes, i would also like to do that. get a good character picture of me and my mom and get it framed. great idea! thanks again for you ideas:)

JookyG; that is a great idea! the only thing is, i don't have the money and we wouldn't have the time to do it this visit. but, i do plan to do that tour on a furture visit. which i hope to be a little more often after we get our AP's:D that will be nice for you and your mom. hope you have a great time!

flowers is something else i thought about too. i ordered flowers for my mom for mother's day last night. they are going to be delievered to her work. she is going to be so surprised! i will keep it in mind for auguest. thank you for the suggestions!:)

oh and your last comment, "And then you'll have flowers available in case you need to lay them at the entrance to any attraction that might be getting refurbed or updated during your stay" LOL! i attually did this while reading this at my work:) i read that thread. well, pirates should be open when we go:D i am looking forward to it!

JookyG
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
oh and your last comment, "And then you'll have flowers available in case you need to lay them at the entrance to any attraction that might be getting refurbed or updated during your stay" LOL! i attually did this while reading this at my work:) i read that thread. well, pirates should be open when we go:D i am looking forward to it!

Oh I'm sooooo jealous! I said that in jest--I'm actually pretty psyched for the Pirates updates, but I'm going to miss it by a long shot when I go this week. I always seem to miss these things and have to see them long after everyone else. Oh well.

Regardless of what you choose for your mom (the silhouettes are a great idea), just being together at Disneyland is one of the best gifts anyone could have, for everyone involved, regardless of who's footing the bill.

Stitch Lover
05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah, i am looking forward to the new updates to the pirate ride and i am not looking forward to it. i have always liked the ride and it will be intresting to see how it turns out. you will get to ride it!:) you will ride it sooner than you think!

thank you. i agree. time spent together is the best!:)