PDA

View Full Version : Hotel reservations made on Travelocity/Orbitz/AAA

AliCat
05-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Has anyone made their hotel reservations for Disney resort hotels on Travelocity, Orbitz or AAA and then called the hotel for upgrades to concierge or to make sure they got the room with the bed sizes they need? I am trying to make reservations and when going to the Disney website it says all 3 hotels are booked for when we're going and on the other travel sites it gives me a great rate and availability. I just don't want to book it and then not get the room configuration we need for 2 adults and 3 kids. Thanks for any input.

adriennek
05-09-2006, 09:32 AM
I use my personal AAA agent almost exclusively (I say almost because two times since I started using her, I had to make business arrangements through my companies, otherwise I would've used her then, too.)

Usually if I go through my agent, she can do my upgrades and guarantee what I need.

Sometimes when you go through an agency, the hotel won't know you're coming until 24 to 48 hours before you arrive. Companies book blocks of rooms at the hotel and don't give your information to the hotel until very close to your arrival date.

It depends on which agency you use and what kind of package you book. Another advantage of going through my agent instead of just the website is that she can answer questions for me and even contact the hotel for me if there is a question or issue, to make sure the arrangements were appropriate or if there's a concern. She's my little travel advocate, and her rates are pretty good, too. A few months ago, people were posting on this board that they were getting quotes for Disneyland area motels on Katella for $120 a night. My agent got me a room for $70 a night at Hojos. :D

Adrienne

stan4d_steph
05-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Typically, if you book through a website you don't have the ability to customize your reservation beyond what is indicated in the online booking, such as number and type of beds (king, queen, double) and smoking or non-smoking.

If you have an unusual circumstance, you're better off booking through a live person, such as a AAA agent or other travel agent.

What configuration are you going for? Are you booking 2 rooms?

AliCat
05-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for your answers. When it gives me the description of the room, it says 1 king, 2 Queens or 1 Queen and bunk beds, so it's any of those 3 rooms, but you can't choose one when booking. I need the one with the Queen and bunk beds as the 5 of us would not all fit in a king bed very comfortably LOL.

AliCat
05-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I ended up calling AAA and getting the same rate as online and requesting the room that we need. There's no guarantee that we'll get it, but she said that they are usually good about honoring requests, especially with a family of 5. It's a great rate for the Grand Californian at $280/night in June. Thanks again for the responses.

stan4d_steph
05-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Have a great trip! :)