PDA

View Full Version : Soap Stars & Sunburns

The Photographer
04-21-2002, 09:53 PM
I've just returned home from my afternoon at DCA. Now, I'm not an avid soap opera fan. In fact the last time I watched on a regular basis was around 94-96 and before that as a kid. So I went with my friend and to of course, take photos. I walked along Hollywood Blvd happy to see celebs every 20 feet or so it seemed. This made getting most of them on film very easy. I then wandered over to a Q&A, found my friend, watched the pathetic excuse of a parade and back to another Q&A.

By now I'd been there about 4 hours. My arms were getting kinda pink but not one person I encountered let me know my face was bright red and burnt. You'd think I would have felt it, but the heat of my skin vs the sun wasn't recognizable yet. Let me just say that I'm sitting here trying to find any bottle that says moisturizer on it. I haven't burned like this in years.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you this and making myself look like an idiot but...if the shoe fits.

Anyway, my evening ended over at DL watching the parade. Standing by the hat store is a great local. I had my camera ready just in case Tarzan decided to finally reappear and he did. I shrieked in delight. HEY he's HOT!! A man in a loin cloth is what I want for my birthday and Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thu..you get the idea. Ok enough. Thanks for letting me vent.

Uncle Dick
04-21-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by The Photographer
By now I'd been there about 4 hours. My arms were getting kinda pink but not one person I encountered let me know my face was bright red and burnt. You'd think I would have felt it, but the heat of my skin vs the sun wasn't recognizable yet. Let me just say that I'm sitting here trying to find any bottle that says moisturizer on it. I haven't burned like this in years.
Me neither. It started yesterday as I was working the back of the trams. Just a little bit of sunshine on the back of my neck that kind of seared me, but nothing big. Then, this morning I stood out in the morning sunshine for four hours without protection. For the rest of the day, I was walking around the park with my hand over the back of my neck, looking for shade. Such is life. :(

Not Afraid
04-22-2002, 12:04 AM
It was actually surprisingly warm and sunny today. I actually was looking around in hopes of finding another t-shirt to replace my white, cotton, long sleve one I had on - that's how hot I was. However, no color.

I guess its time to break out the sunscreen and summer clothes - except with available sweaters. It got chilly as the sun started going down.

Largent81
04-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Ugh, nothing is worse than letting the cold air hitting sunburned skin. OUCH!

The Photographer~ Sounds like you regardless of your sunburn you had a nice time and got some great pictures! Thank you for sharing about your day!

80S ERA
04-22-2002, 01:00 PM
I usually keep a bottle of aloe vera in my refrigerator handy when I sunburn. Try it sometime after showering, followed by blowing on the skin. Nothing relieves the itching and irritation better!

Lani
04-22-2002, 01:57 PM
OK folks, it's starting to get warm... As a rule, put sunscreen on before you leave the house, period. Keep a bottle in your car in case you discover (once you've left the house) that you are going to be in the sun.

Besides getting sunburnt, you probably got dehydrated, too.

The Photographer
04-23-2002, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys and gals. Good to know it wasn't just me, again. I was smart enough to get water. Bought the Solarcaine the other day and it's working quite well. My forehead's not as painful. Good news is my photos came out real nice.

I'm sorry I never made it to DL in time to meet everyone. If I ever get another Sun. off, I'll make a point of being there.