PDA

View Full Version : ToT

BlastFanatic
04-21-2002, 09:39 PM
I while ago I remember seeing some concept art for DCA's version of ToT however I can't seem to find it again. Could someone please help me out?

Nigel2
04-22-2002, 09:07 PM
Well it's been a while but the place they had it was in the Animation Building.

malin
04-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Better yet hop on a plane to sunny Florida and see it in person.After all you got about another two years before TOT is finished in Cali why not head to WDW.

BlastFanatic
04-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Nigel2: Thanks for the help, but what I was really looking for was a link to someplace with the concept art on it. I remember seeing it on mouseplanet once but I can't find it again.

malin: I already went to Florida a couple years ago and rode ToT there. However, I thought I read that there will be a new design for a hotel at DCA. Also the concept art I saw was something different from ToT in Florida. Maybe I dreamt it all, i dunno now...I'm confused :confused:

daannzzz
04-23-2002, 03:50 PM
http://www.laughingplace.com/ShowPic.asp?Filename=http://www.laughingplace.com/lp/DLUpdate50/big/P16-1.jpg&Caption=Tower+of+Terror+concept+art+(c)+Disney&ID=505770

BlastFanatic
04-23-2002, 04:27 PM
thanks daannzzz :D

GongFishuang
04-23-2002, 07:10 PM
anyone notice the seemingly random choice of "Guests" the artist has chosen to depict? of particular glaring disparity is the family wearing "arab" headdress on the far right corner dressed in western clothes and the strange arrangement of individuals in the center. the blonde seems particular charged with sexuality yet there are discordant figures surrounding her which seem to depict a random and patternless group structure. it is difficult to decipher how these individuals relate to one another. on the left we see a young white wearing layered shirts and a backwards baseball cap, featuring a logo resembing an iron cross. to his side is a younger black boy, who again seems to signify no relationship to anyone else. Finally i find the inclusion of the boy scout troop in the mid center section to be rather curious, as i've never seen a full troop at either disneyland or dca dressed in full regalia. for a moment i thought it was a CM from the wilderness challenge area but why would there be a group of similarly attired children with him or her? anyone else notice these strange details?

Nigel2
04-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Speaking of the odd choice in people... if you look at the wharf district sketches apparently there was going to be dough tossing and all the people there were overweight. It just struck me as odd I don't know why.