PDA

View Full Version : The Chamber Of Destiny

WickedScorp
05-23-2001, 12:13 AM
Which version of the CHAMBER OF DESTINY is the best staged? (Eternal Youth, Wealth, Visions of the Future)

Visions of the Future is my personal favorite. The dark purple shades make it look all creepy, and if you look up at the ceiling, its covered with fiber optics that twinkle like stars in the sky. Eternal Youth is also very cool. The entire room is a cool aqua color and there's a shimmering water effect throughout the chamber. Ironically, the most boring of the three, Wealth, is the one you statistically get stuck with half the time. Its just lit brightly. Does anyone else think they should switch the middle Wealth door to one of the other two possibilities?

Uncle Dick
02-10-2002, 12:06 AM
I, too, like the Future Vision room. The fiber optics and water reflections are rather cool. A close second is the fountain of youth with the nifty wall thingys depicting the "youthification" of a geezer who drinks from the fountain.

Nigel2
02-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by WickedScorp
Ironically, the most boring of the three, Wealth, is the one you statistically get stuck with half the time. Its just lit brightly. Does anyone else think they should switch the middle Wealth door to one of the other two possibilities?

Actually no, the doors of Future knowledge and Eternal youth both stay in their position for 2 entries, wealth only stays in once (it evens out in a round though).

I do like future knowledge since that one looks much more seperate from the other rooms since you can't make out the statues from youth as eaisly.

blusilva
02-10-2002, 05:02 AM
They are all so similar to me, I never noticed any differences, except maybe that they are all varying in brightness. Probably cuz I'm busy looking into the eyes of Mara. It would be a shame if no one did, and we had to get off the ride. :D

Not Afraid
02-10-2002, 07:28 AM
You do realize that there is only one room? The lighting just changes before each entry.

Gemini Cricket
02-10-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
You do realize that there is only one room? The lighting just changes before each entry.
I found this out because someone dropped their mouse ears on the ground in the chamber. I rode the ride three times in a row, got two different treasures with the same set of mouse ears on the floor.
Future is the best "room" because it has the most drastic change of the 3. Take note of the "Light Magic" technology used in the star field above your head...
:)

MammaSilva
02-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you....I've had a long running arguement with someone over this very topic, My stance was there is only ONE "ride" but with different effects much like each jeep has different program....'their' stand was that there are 3 diffferent entryways to the ride .....ummmm NOPE LOL

Gemini Cricket
02-10-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Thank you Thank you Thank you....I've had a long running arguement with someone over this very topic, My stance was there is only ONE "ride" but with different effects much like each jeep has different program....'their' stand was that there are 3 diffferent entryways to the ride .....ummmm NOPE LOL
There's a HUGE discussion about Indy at this thread... DL's Indy and WDW's Dinosaur (Countdown to Extinction) are the same ride.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1269

MammaSilva
02-10-2002, 10:37 AM
thanks for the link disneylad but the person I have this ongoing 'discussion' with is not a member of MP and truthfully I don't want them here, they are muggle to the bone!

Gemini Cricket
02-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
thanks for the link disneylad but the person I have this ongoing 'discussion' with is not a member of MP and truthfully I don't want them here, they are muggle to the bone!
;) I got ya.

Nigel2
02-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

Yes with the magic of scrims you can hide stuff...:D

A friend of mine refuses to admit that it is 1 room (he even went on when the door part was broken (the rooms change automatically, but the doors are silent and dark).

Ace
02-10-2002, 08:20 PM
There's only one ride... but it's really convincing. I just wish he would only say the "if you drank too much from the fountain of youth" line at the end only when you went through that door!