PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new photos from the weekend (May 6 & 7, 2006)

Darkbeer
05-08-2006, 02:50 PM
While a few of these ended up in the weekly MousePlanet Disneyland Resort update, there is a lot more stuff to see...

First, from Saturday....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1433977

The removal of the Monsters, Inc. doors from the Main Entry Plaza, lots of Food and Wine stuff, painting at Ariel's Grotto, Crowd Shots (light crowds at both parks for a weekend, DCA lighter than DL), Lots of photos of the work in the Sub Lagoon and Club Buzz areas...

And from Sunday...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1437536

More Food and Wine stuff, Some character shots, The Jolly Trolley is out, Lots of photos of the new Dapper Dans, A look at the Block Party Bash (got stuck at the crosswalk while it passed), and for a change of pace, no ducks, but a VERY cute Guide Dog in Training at DCA instead:fez:

rentayenta
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the photos Darkbeer. I am so wanting to plan a trip to Disneyland and your photos are just what I needed. :~D

kimmybear
05-08-2006, 07:06 PM
great photos! esp. the food presentation ones. the demonstrations all look so amazing! i'm craving sushi now. :D your pictures really made my day! :D

tinker3
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the photos Darkbeer, as many times as we have been there we have never seen DCA block party bash. We will definately catch it on this trip! My 2 yr old loves Toy Story & Monsters inc. Any tips for a great place to catch it?

DaddyB
05-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the photos Darkbeer, as many times as we have been there we have never seen DCA block party bash. We will definately catch it on this trip! My 2 yr old loves Toy Story & Monsters inc. Any tips for a great place to catch it?I like to watch it up by the "Palace of Fine Arts" replica, but on the opposite side of the walkway (what I call the "grassy knoll" area). While less crowded than right at the park entrance, the show is right on your lap, and it's quite a lot of fun, if not a little loud (but most things at Disneyland Resort are obnoxiously loud IMO). Look for the Block Party Bash party signs in that area.

My other advice is to be a kid and get involved... dance and jump to the music! It's a lot more fun if you let your grown-up inhibitions down a bit.

tinker3
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Awesome, thanks DaddyB! We have no problem acting like children!:)

hg0079
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
love them.

especially of Mary P!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the photos Darkbeer, as many times as we have been there we have never seen DCA block party bash. We will definately catch it on this trip! My 2 yr old loves Toy Story & Monsters inc. Any tips for a great place to catch it?

Right in front of the Zephyr seemed to be a good place.

disneyhound
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!

Darkbeer
05-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Some new photos from Tuesday, mostly Tomorrowland stuff...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1446516

The Club Buzz changes, the removal of the Star Tours FASTPASS machines, the Sub Lagoon, a few photos of Ariel, and more

ENJOY:fez: