PDA

View Full Version : When exactly does all the 50th stuff disappear?

disneychick
05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I'm hoping ya'll can help me out! :) I've been reading through messages as I have time, but one thing I haven't been able to determine is WHEN exactly the decorations, merchandise, etc. for the 50th celebrations will be gone.

I'm taking my family to DLR in mid-September, and we were really hoping to catch the tail end of the anniversary (as it was my understanding that it didn't end until mid-Oct/Nov). From some things I've been reading, it sounds like it may all be over by then? If anyonce "in the know" could clarify for me, I'd really be grateful! :)

Also - in the event that we're too late, will it still be possible to buy 50th merchandise? I'm mainly thinking clothing or small souvenirs, but possibly other items like commemorative plates or figurines.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Frogberto
05-08-2006, 02:27 PM
If it truly is an "18 month celebration", as Disney keeps saying, then October would be the date. However, as Dark Beer has posted recently, some indicia of the 50th, like the fireworks show and parade, may be disappearing on September 24th, to make room for the Holiday parades and shows.

Darkbeer
05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
The last day of the celebration is Sunday, October 1st per Disney.

Now, what does this mean....

Well, between October 2nd, and November 10th (Start of the Christmas season), you should see most of the gold paint disappear (things like Lamp Posts, golden vehicles, etc), the 50th logos and banners, the 5 crowns on the castle, etc. The Parade of Dreams is rumored to remain, though it might have a new introduction.

Some things will end prior to October 1st, the Snow White musical will end in late August, Block Party Bash should end around Labor Day (A new Pixar themed parade is scheduled to premiere in May of 2007 (strong rumor).

And as for the fireworks, many folks at TDA would love for them to end today, due to the traffic control problems they create. More than likely, the last day of the Remember fireworks will be Sunday, September 24th, to be replaced with a Halloween themed Fireworks show (another strong rumor) opening September 29th, timed to the start of Haunted Mansion Holiday. That will be followed by the Christmas version, then a break. A new fireworks show will premiere at the same time they have the official opening of Finding Nemo, and hopefully the new Monorails.

But it looks like there will be no extensions, as Disney wants to start promoting the 35th anniversary of WDW.

Stitch Lover
05-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Darkbeer; do you know when Disney would start the 35th anniversary celebration?

disneychick
05-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks so much for the help. Yay!! It looks like we're just going to squeak in before everything starts to change :D

mommy-san
05-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Can someone please speculate as to the level of activity happening in the park early next February... any fireworks or parades? Before the 50th, what was February like? We went in October 2005 for the first time ever, and returned in February 2006, with plans to go every February. I know that this will be a slow time but the weather was so nice and cool. Any speculation would be great, Thanks.

Darkbeer
05-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Disneyland should have a daily parade, more than likely DCA will not have one, as planned construction will disrupt the parade route, so more than likely no parades from September 2006 thru May 2007 at DCA.

As for Fireworks, more than likely not, but Fantasmic! should be offered Friday thru Sunday.

hlbtimes2
05-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I really wish they would come up with a plan and stick with it. They advertised it as an 18 month celebration. Now, they are cutting it short. In Feb I sent an email asking when it would end. I was told that they would be celebrating "every day until the end of the year". Then I heard rumors that they will take down some stuff the in Sept, but the fireworks would stay until the end of the year. Now the schedule Darkbeer is suggesting. Makes it pretty hard to plan a vacation and know what you are going to get.

stan4d_steph
05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I really wish they would come up with a plan and stick with it. They advertised it as an 18 month celebration. Now, they are cutting it short. In Feb I sent an email asking when it would end. I was told that they would be celebrating "every day until the end of the year". Then I heard rumors that they will take down some stuff the in Sept, but the fireworks would stay until the end of the year. Now the schedule Darkbeer is suggesting. Makes it pretty hard to plan a vacation and know what you are going to get.The response I've seen directly from Disney is that the decor will come down in September, but the entertainment will remain for the time being.

chrisaustx
05-09-2006, 08:56 PM
I heard that a new Halloween fireworks show is in the works, and the park will be decorated for Halloween.