PDA

View Full Version : Twice in one week, I have lost my mind

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Mini trip part II planning began last Thursday when the family arrived home and I realized that my new Mickey Mouse watch had a loose rhinestone. What could I do? My bestfriend and her kids were going up for a one night stay at the CCI and two days in the park, so I asked if my DD and I could share the room and the fun and return my watch.

Sunday certainly wasn't as slow as last week, mid week, but it was definetely fine for a spring weekend day. We got the park around 10:30 rode Mr Toad, Small World and the Matterhorn, grabbed Fast passes for Space. Stopped on Main Street to see the new Dapper Dans, the kids liked them alot. Had lunch at Hungry Bear (what happened?? the food used to be sooo good there!!) rode Pooh, backtracked to the Haunted Mansion. Love the new effects, however we were stuck in two places on the ride with my friend's 4 year old that we had bribed to get on. Of course the ride stopped in the hallway with the doors, which I find to be the scariest place, and at the very end with their "doombuggy" right next to a skeleton popping up and down, He won't be going on it again anytime soon. Rode Splash, checked the line for BTMRR, decided it was too long and headed back to the hotel to check in. My only complaint about the Candy Cane, there didn't seem to be consistency to the shuttle pick up times. We got to the loading zone at 3:00 exactly and the shuttle was all ready pulling away. Since the kids were pooped and whining we waited until 3:30 for the next shuttle, which then sat until almost 3:50 before heading back to the hotel.

Checked in, dropped our bags and off to DCA for a ride on the Orange Stinger (which I again avoided, but will ride next time) and the Block Party Bash. I have never ridden the Stinger as the old weight limit was a bit less than I weigh, I asked the CM why it changed, he said they had switched from chains to wire cable that could support almost a half ton, the only requirement was the bar must fit down over you. Block Party is a hoot, we had never seen it and the kids just loved it.

6:30 Ressies for the Rainforest, food was better than the last time I ate there, but the service was sooooooooo slow. Got to the monorail around 8:15 and it wasn't running, has the CM at the gate explain to the angry, tired children why they must walk. Walked through the Disney store, found a great watch to replace the broken Mickey Watch. Small lines to get into DL, breezed right in, finally checked out the 50th exhibit, and then the girls and my friend rode SM while I waited in the arcade with her son. Tall enough, but he hates the dark, so she hasn't tried him on Space as yet. We took a spin on Buzz and I got my highest score ever 297700!!!!! Made our way to Fantasyland at the end of the fireworks, and finally after many attempts we were able to ride Peter Pan!!!!

Finally found a Pirate Princess shirt in my size on the way out of the park, picked up more pins for my DD and a mickey for my DS and the day was complete!

It was nice to have a mellow day, just wandering around, riding some rides, people watching and relaxing.

hlbtimes2
05-08-2006, 01:06 PM
The shuttle from the park to the CCI is on the 15 and 45. The 3:50 shuttle would have just been leaving a couple minutes late. Its leaves on the hour and the 30 from the hotel to the park. Not sure why there wasnt a 3:15, unless you walked a way for a little bit and missed it?

We stayed there twice in the last 6-7 weeks. We've found it to be very reliable and promt. Sunday morning I rode the 7:30 to the park. It turned out to be my own private ride. We did leave a couple minutes late for that. I think he was waiting to see if there was anybody else that wanted a ride.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-08-2006, 07:47 PM
We figured the shuttle issues were likely just our lack of watch coordination.

On the plus side, the hotel is close enough, if you miss the shuttle or don't feel like waiting, the walk isn't bad at all.

My friend just called, they stayed until 3 this afternoon, said it was about as crowded as Sunday. Give or take a couple of minutes in line.