PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Disney to Universal Studios

wanderdust
05-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Just how bad and or complicated is the trip between dlr and universal studios. Is there an easy route via the train or is just rentaing a car and driving the best bet. We are a family of four.

Thanks

Niwel
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
This came out today:

Universal Studios Hollywood to Offer Free Shuttle Service from Anaheim

A free shuttle service from Anaheim to Universal Studios Hollywood will begin July 1 to accommodate guests during the peak summer travel season, it was announced on Monday.
Universal Studios Hollywood has joined with Southern California Gray Line to offer the new round-trip shuttle service on Gray Line "luxury" passenger buses.
A live narrated scenic tour will be provided by a "driver guide," who will offer highlights of Southern California locations and attractions, including "behind-the-scenes" trivia from the movie studio and theme park in Universal City.
Free shuttle service will be provided to guests who purchase a full-price admission ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood through Southern California Gray Line directly or via a hotel concierge or wholesalers, and online at UniversalStudiosHollywood.com and CoachUSA.us.
The shuttles will depart from various Anaheim-area hotels twice daily, with departure times tentatively scheduled at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. Return trips from Universal Studios are tentatively scheduled between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. based on the season.
Admission to Universal Studios, including round-trip transportation, is $59 for ages 8 and older; and $49 for ages 3 to 7. Children under 3 are free.
For further information, call (800) Universal.

geoffa
05-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Following on from Niwel's news - back in 2004 we stayed at the GCA (October). You could book a day trip via Gray Line to Universal from the concierge desk in the lobby. I seem to remember it departed about 8a.m. and we were picked up from the front of the hotel. So this tour beginning July doesn't sound too different from what we experienced. All I would say is let someone else do the driving - sit back and relax.

Darkbeer
05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
The Train is another option.

Just take the OCTA bus 43 in front of the DLR Pedestrian entrance to the Fullerton Train Station, then take either Amtrak or Metrolink to Union Station.

Then at Union Station, transfer to the Red Line Subway, making sure getting on the one marked "No. Hollywood", take that to the Universal City station.

Exit the Station and walk across the street to the free Universal Studios shuttle that goes up the hill to the Main Gate area.

Depending on the time of day and if you can take Metrolink (cheaper), it will cost between $10 to $20 round trip.

potzbie
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Did you read Darkbeer's post under MousePlanet's "Announcements"?

Universal Studios Hollywood will be starting up a FREE shuttle service between Anaheim hotels and USH, starting Sat. July 1, 2006.

It is "free" IF you purchase a full admission ticket to USH, of course.

Is any MousePlanet regular going to go on the maiden voyage?
And give a full report?

CariBelle
05-11-2006, 08:15 AM
I wonder if there is an option available for those of us with a USH season pass?

Darkbeer
05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
I wonder if there is an option available for those of us with a USH season pass?

Grey Line/ Coach USA will be happy to drive you up, I think it is in the $30 range per person if you already have a ticket (Either the CityPass or Annual Pass)....

www.airportbus.com

CariBelle
05-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Grey Line/ Coach USA will be happy to drive you up, I think it is in the $30 range per person if you already have a ticket (Either the CityPass or Annual Pass)....

www.airportbus.com