PDA

View Full Version : Homewood Suites... It pays to plan ahead

JosieGirl71
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I just made reservations for next spring break at Homewood Suites and reserved a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a kitchen for $99 per night for the first 2 nights and $119 per night for the last 2 nights. Woohoo!

I thought maybe some people were starting to make plans for next year and would be interested in the great rates!

lobotomomma
05-08-2006, 09:48 AM
We stayed at Homewood Suites over our Spring Break and it was wonderful!!! We paid a lot more for our room (note-don't EVER wait to plan a DL trip less than a month out,especially over Spring Break-we got lucky with what we got!) but we loved our stay. Kudos to you for planning ahead!!!

JosieGirl71
05-08-2006, 10:26 AM
We haven't stayed there before so I am glad you liked it. I just thought others might want to know about some of the good deals out there.

samkj
05-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Awesome rates! I checked for our dates in Feb 07 and it was over $200 per night for the 2 bedroom!

rentayenta
05-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey Shannen, do you have a link to this place? I'd like to check it out. :)

JosieGirl71
05-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Jenny - Here is the website: Homewood Suites (http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=N1LL5VHGQRA2UCSGBIWMVCQKIYF C5UUC?ctyhocn=LAXHWHW)

The rates were so good that I thought they were wrong so I even called their toll-free number and they gave me the same rate. Good luck!

Crazy4DL
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I just made reservations for next spring break at Homewood Suites and reserved a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a kitchen for $99 per night for the first 2 nights and $119 per night for the last 2 nights. Woohoo!

I thought maybe some people were starting to make plans for next year and would be interested in the great rates!

Help! Josie, where exactly does it let you say 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms? I keep getting quotes for 1 bedroom, 2 beds :confused:

DangerMouse
05-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have their own shuttle, or are they on the ART line?

Thanks.

JosieGirl71
05-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Help! Josie, where exactly does it let you say 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms? I keep getting quotes for 1 bedroom, 2 beds :confused:
I think they may have only one of the 2 bedroom/2 bath suites so it is probably already taken. After I made my reservation, I went back to see if it would let me book another 2 bedroom/2 bath suite (yes, I was being greedy) but there weren't any left.

JosieGirl71
05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have their own shuttle, or are they on the ART line?

Thanks.
You have to use ART but I think it only picks up for Homewood Suites and Marriott Suites (at least that is what it looked like on the ART map).

momuvseven
05-09-2006, 08:53 AM
I could't get this rate either for the first week of April 07 but did get similar rate for Embassy Suites and Homewood for the one bedroom suite (1 king or 2Q/D).

I was told that they are replacing the beds in their hotels because this is my only complaint about Hilton hotels at this time.

Some of my other favorites are already sold out or quoting much higher rates. Wonder if the cheerleaders are coming in for this week???

Can't beat the Homewood for the great pool and breakfast/dinners provided.

JosieGirl71
05-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Wonder if the cheerleaders are coming in for this week???

ARGH!!!! I hope not!!!!! (No offense to cheerleaders, I just want the parks as uncrowded as possible.)

kohl
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
If you are going spring break it will be pretty crowded.

Crazy4DL
05-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Josie! check your pm if you are reading this. :p

JosieGirl71
05-09-2006, 12:39 PM
If you are going spring break it will be pretty crowded.
Yeah, I know, but it will be more crowded if there is some kind of cheerleader competition going on too. ;) Also, we are going mid-week with the thought (hope) that it will be less crowded.

momuvseven
05-09-2006, 05:12 PM
The cheerleaders are just as cute as can be but there are LOTS of them. The good thing is they usually don't show up until about 4pm since they have competition during the day. Spring break is busy but we notice it is double that when the cheerleaders are in town. Seems like the teen football players have something at the same time so that adds to it as well.

We just did Spring Break and laughed at the small crowds in comparison to what we experienced Christmas-New Year's Week. We'll do it all again though cause despite the crowds we still have fun and we can't get vacation with the kids at any other time.

Bassman531
05-10-2006, 06:36 AM
We are staying at the Homewood Suites as I speak. I booked the room about 6 months out and I am very grateful that I did. We got a rate of $96/night. I am very happy with our room and the service has been wonderful overall. Their full breakfast and manager's reception dinners have been a great value since there are six of us travelling. I will submit a trip review when we get back from our vacation that will include a bit more detail about the hotel. I am definitely happy with it.

JosieGirl71
05-10-2006, 10:23 AM
We are staying at the Homewood Suites as I speak. I booked the room about 6 months out and I am very grateful that I did. We got a rate of $96/night. I am very happy with our room and the service has been wonderful overall. Their full breakfast and manager's reception dinners have been a great value since there are six of us travelling. I will submit a trip review when we get back from our vacation that will include a bit more detail about the hotel. I am definitely happy with it.
Can't wait to read your review. Be sure to include what kinds of food they served at the manager's receptions. TIA!

momuvseven
05-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Here's some details from our trip in April:

Hotel pool is very nice and the kids loved it however the toddler pool is not heated, may be fine in summer but too cold in Spring. Hot tub was nice too. Lots of palm trees make it feel very tropical and resort like.

Meals: Are substantial, breakfast includes a few hot items that varied (eggs, suasauge, bacon etc.), there are four waffle makers to make your own waffles; various breads to toast, pastries and all the condiments (on the other side of the room by the waffle makers), milk, juice and soda machines, fresh fruit and yogurt. There is also different kinds of cereal, I think corn flakes, marshmellow kind and raisen bran as I recall, instant oatmeal and a variety of teas and coffee. Everything was clean and very good. There are trays to take items back to your room.

The dining area is huge, nicely decorated with booster seats and highchairs, the kids can watch cartoons if you sit in the area by the big screen tv.

There is a dinner menu posted on the fridge and it is for the month but only M-Th I think. The nights we were there we had dinner three times, they call it appetizers but it is a full blown dinner buffet style. The first night was Pasta, two kinds, one in cream sauce and the other in red sauce, both with chicken and vegetables mixed in prima vera style. There was also garlic bread, salad bar, carrot cake, chocolate cake (cakes appear to be Sara Lee brand), potato and tortilla chips. Soda machines work but milk and juice were shut down, some moms were annoyed about that but the kids liked it. There is beer on tap and wine for the adults that we didn't try. The next two nights only the entrees changed with everything else the same. There was fried chicken with mashed potatos and gravy and the next night was Roast Beef that looked more like stew in a gravy with vegetables and mashed potatos. All of it ws good average fare like you might prepare at home or like you buy in the food service packs at Cosco. If you want fancier there are resturants you can walk too. The kids ate well and my husband was very satisfied with everything served. I would caution it is not diet fare since even though there is salad bar there is not diet dressing. I would bring a bottle of my own and keep it in the room fridge.

There is a shopping service (think cases of bottled water, capri sun, snacks, sandwhich fixings) and while it was slow to return it was really worth it for a mom who wants a break from shopping. You pay only for the groceries ordered and they shop at Von's which is like Safeway. Just put down the name of the item if you don't care about the brand and they will bring the store brand. There is a full size fridge/freezer in the room and the kids thought it was great to have popcylces and ice cream on hand, nto something you can do with the mini fridges most hotels have. You can bring up extra dishes and condiments from the breakfast area. We did this so we could have peanut butter, jelly and margerine for bread. We also brought up fruit, yogurt and bread to snack on.

Anne

JosieGirl71
05-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Anne - Thanks for all the info. It makes me even more happy that I made reservations there. :D

tensixmom
05-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Just got back from the Homewood Suites. It was our first time staying there, and I will certainly go back (already scheduled for September). Of the numerous (over 10) hotels we have stayed at in Anaheim, this was by far the best with the kids.

We had a 1 bedroom suite and there were 3 adults, 3 kids, and a new baby. There was enough room for everyone. We had 2 queens and the sofa bed in the living room area. The kitchen with full size fridge and freezer was great, sick, and 2 burner stove, all the dishes you could need and toaster. My favorite was the dishwasher (a life saver with new baby and bottles). There is only one bathroom though so it can be crowded in there. Two tv's were great cause I didn't have to watch cartoons everytime it was on.

The breakfast was great and saved us a ton of money. The manager's reception (dinner) was ok, we were there for bbq night and it was just ok. Although it too saved us a ton of money cause the kids had an assortment to choose from. However, there is a Red Robin, an Outback Steakhouse, and Joe's Crab Shack in the parking lot. And there is a Starbucks in the parking lot and one across the street. The Target is across the street, which was nice for picking up water and juices.

The pool and spa were great (according to my husband, I never got there).

Couple of things I learned while there, there are 2 elevators, one at the front and the other at the other end of the complex, and they are slow. So when you make reservations ask for a room near the elevator, or on the 1st or 2nd floor so the stairs are managable. I usually got left standing at the elevator for 5 minutes (I had the stroller) as everyone else ran up the short flight of stairs.

I did ask about the 2 room suites while we were there. They only have 2 of them. One of them has 2 queens in one room and 1 king in the other, and the other one has 1 queen in each room. The price ranges from $200-300 depending on the time of year etc.. So you will have to book pretty earlier to get one of the 2 room suites.

They have been having a problem with the shuttle (ART) to Disneyland. And as a matter of fact, while we were there, the ART driver told us they no longer go to Homewood Suites, however, the hotel paid for a taxi whenever we wanted it to take us back and forth to the park. So beware of this. I am not sure what the problem was, but my husband got the impression they probably didn't pay the bill.