PDA

View Full Version : Simple but significant change?

PeoplemoverMisser
05-07-2006, 04:27 PM
We just spent 5 days at the park, entering and exiting a total of 9 times. Every time we went past, I commented that I really wanted to see the 50th Retrospective exhibit in the Disneyland Opera House, and failed to get to it. On the way in, it would slip our minds or wouldn't be open yet because it was a Magic Morning. On the way out... well, the park was always closing, or the boys really need naps, or we were already late for something else.

I suspect with the Disneyland Resort Hotels, Downtown Disney and the Mickey Parking Garage all to the West and the Emporium being on that side as well, the natural gravitation is to enter through the left tunnel (we were 9-for-9) and exit through the right (8-of-9).

So my suggestion would be this, they should flip-flop the Opera House and the City Hall/Fire House sides. Twice we entered City Hall, and since we had a specific reason to do so, I believe I would have been willing to cross Town Square.

What do you think? Any other suggestions of traffic-flow/bottlenecks that may be similarly affected without bulldozing huge sections, removing attractions, etc.

Vegitabeta
05-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Are you suggesting that they swap everything round? lol The whole park could be mirrored, that would confuse some people:D

PeoplemoverMisser
05-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Not the whole park - just those two buildings (or at least the functions within them). I just have long thought that the Great Moments show, and now the current retrospective, get overlooked a little bit by virtue of several natural draws to the opposite side of town square.

I know it's unlikely and probably cost-prohibitive, I'm just wishing. :)

hg0079
05-08-2006, 09:51 AM
This though would confuse all the guests who naturally vier towards the current direction of City Hall knowing it's there. I would hate to see it flopped

hlbtimes2
05-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Um, wouldnt it have been easier for you to just walk over there then for them to move things? They've been there for 50 years, can't see chaning them now. And for every person that says they always use the left, there is a person that says they always use the right tunnel (says the girl that uses the right side 99% off the time).

evrythngwmn
05-08-2006, 10:29 AM
There are also the people who walk in off Harbor and park in what's left of the old parking lot and the lot off Clementine. They come in from the East side.

geoffa
05-08-2006, 11:20 AM
iF you still want to see the exhibition go to:

http://store.windowtothemagic.com/

where you can get a DVD with it all on plus hidden mickeys, the parade of dreams and the wishes firework show - all for $14.99

Uncle Orville
05-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Can they switch Tomorrowland and Adventureland so the people moving clockwise go to Space first and not Indy after a rope drop? KIDDING!!

Unfortunately your priorities got the better of you and you missed this attraction.
I'ts not the location's fault. It just wasn't important enough to you to make sure you saw it.

Entry / Exit. Thinking about it, we usually entered on the left side and exited on the right side.
Essentially using the same tunnel. The only time we purposely used the right side in & out was when we came from DCA just for a hat we saw in Main Street Mad Hatter shop and went back to DCA.
(Love those Park Hoppers!)

zandy
05-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Funny! We just got back from a 5-day stay and I think we entered on the right pretty much every time. The side we exited on varied.

cstephens
05-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I see people entering equally from under both tunnels. I don't think it's that big of a deal to cross Town Square, and I agree with a previous poster that if you had really wanted to see the exhibition, you wouldn't have forgotten, no matter which side of Town Square it was on. Or sometimes, there's just so much to do that you just don't get around to doing things for one reason or another. I don't think shifting geography is going to make a difference.

MrsPooh
05-09-2006, 02:10 PM
I always thought Lincoln was overlooked because of its location. Someone once mentioned to put it at the NOS train station area, like one of Lincoln's stops for his campaign speech. I thought that was a wonderful idea.

ralfrick
05-10-2006, 03:37 PM
The earliest drawings of DL have those 2 buildings swapped. But I think the current locations are etched in stone (well, concrete).

Cheers.

iwannabeanimagineer
05-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Someone once mentioned to put it at the NOS train station area, like one of Lincoln's stops for his campaign speech. I thought that was a wonderful idea.
You know, some people in New Orleans don't think much of Mr. Lincoln. ;)