PDA

View Full Version : Beaches & other things near by

cpeak
05-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I will be going to Disneyland with my mom and my two daughters (6 & 4) at the of June 24-30. We want to take the first few days to go to the beach and the Walk of Fame. What will be the easy beach to get to. We are staying in a hotel right across from DLR, what beaches are easy to get to from there. Or would it be better to stay someplace else at the beginning of the trip? We haven't booked the hotel for the 24-25 yet because of this question. Thanks for the help.

Carla

Another Dimension
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Drive straight South down Harbor Blvd and go to Newport Beach ... or drive West up Katella Ave until you reach Beach Blvd and then make a left (go south) and go to Huntington Beach.

Once your reach Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) (in Newport beach or Huntington beach) you can drive North or South to many other fun beaches with various forms of parking (lot and street) at various prices... and will pass dozens of fun shops and places to eat also.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Which nearby beach town is the nicest? And has nice shopping?

AND..does anyone know of any good Mexican pottery shops in the area?

Another Dimension
05-07-2006, 07:56 PM
I think Newport is the nicer and more upper class beach town.. especially if you travel a little further South in Newport and check out the little area of Balboa, and the little Balboa Fun Zone.
Newport has much less parking and a few less close-to-the-beach shops to offer than Huntington but the shopping an eating is still plentiful and fun.

Huntington is nice though... both get very crowded when the weather is nice or when it gets really hot, but both really have some fun shops & restaurants too.

A bit further South in Laguna Beach is where I remember a few large garden, outdoor and pottery stores along PCH.

When in Newport Beach, Rogers Gardens is a great garden/outdoor decor place to drop by, explore and shop for plants, flowers, landscaping, outdoor decor and pottery. The place is huge and has many outdoor decor, fountain and lights displays at Christmas time too.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Thank you so much!!!! Know of any good mexican arts and crafts places? I collect Mexican pottery and items. :)

stan4d_steph
05-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Here are some other recent beach threads (searched on "beach"):

Newport Beach? We want to see the ocean (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=55405&highlight=beach)
Getting to Laguna Beach Options (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=53582&highlight=beach)
Beach that meets my needs? (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=52674&highlight=beach)

cpeak
05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
What do you think of the beaches in Santa Monica, I noticed in one of the other threads linked here it also has a pier. On the map it appears Santa Monica would be close to Hollywood, where my mom wants to visit the Walk of Fame. So are the beaches in Santa Monica nice?

WITron
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Santa Monica beach is another great beach. It is a little bit of a drive from the park. On the pier there is a small amusment park. Across the street from the beach there is a mall and then an open shoping area called the 3rd street promenade, which they filmed a scene from A Very Brady Sequal at.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-09-2006, 09:12 PM
What do you think of the beaches in Santa Monica, I noticed in one of the other threads linked here it also has a pier. On the map it appears Santa Monica would be close to Hollywood, where my mom wants to visit the Walk of Fame. So are the beaches in Santa Monica nice?

I love shopping in Santa Monica at the 3rd Street Promenade. Nice outdoor shopping. Hollywood IS nearby. And for a bit more quirky an area....Venice Beach is only about 3 miles up the way from Santa Monica. They are VERY different, but, Venice is a fun place to check out. (To me anyway.)