PDA

View Full Version : LA to Anaheim w/o driving?

potterphreak
05-07-2006, 01:19 PM
I am trying to inconvenience my grumpy husband as little as possible this summer. The plan-him and my dad are going to a Giants/Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium. I, being the psycho Disney nut that I am, see this as a perfect chance to get some much needed pictures and anecdotes for my Year of Disney scrapbook (On My Own for the letter "O")...oh who I am kidding? It's a chance to ALSO ride the newly renovated PoTC before our October trip. DH is totally peeved that I am hitching a ride with him and my father to LA and NOT going to the game (no offense babe, but I can see the Giants HERE! LOL). So, in order to bother him the LEAST, is there a way to get from LA to Anaheim without taking the car? Like, Amtrak or a special "Disney Nut Bus" or something? I would love to beam there but unfortunately Captain Kirk is busy working on one my favorite shows, Boston Legal. HEE HEE!!
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Karin
05-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Amtrak to Fullerton. There may be a bus from there to the resort, I'm not sure. But the train from LA Union Station is definitely a viable option.

Good for you for taking public transportion!

bradk
05-07-2006, 03:31 PM
there's a bus from the shuttle area on harbor that goes straight to downtown LA and you can switch to the metro there if you need to.

http://www.socaltransport.org for door-to-door info.

if you do amtrak, you'll have to take a bus between the station (by angel stadium) and disneyland. not really worth it in my opinion

TP2000
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Los Angeles Union Station to Anaheim Station, via an Amtrak Pacific Surfliner. (The Fullerton station is much farther away, and every Surfliner stops at Anaheim.) Then a cab the 15 blocks to Disneyland from the Anaheim station.

http://www.amtrak.com for timetables and fare information.

Metrolink, the SoCal commuter railroad, may also be an option if you are doing this on a weekday. http://www.metrolinktrains.com Metrolink tends to be faster, more reliable than the Surfliners in my experience. The only thing is there is no cafe' car on the Metrolink, so if you require snacks or a drink during the 45 minute trip to Anaheim you'll want the Surfliner, which has a cafe' car. Surfliner also has Business Class, with a separate car where they bring you a snack box and a newspaper to your seat for an extra $9.00 each way from LA to Anaheim.

Both the Amtrak Surfliners and Metrolink have snazzy, double-decker trains however.

Malcon10t
05-07-2006, 08:37 PM
We generally do Amtrak to the Anaheim station. Taxi fare from there to Disneyland/Harbor entrance is $5. Its an easy ride.

Darkbeer
05-08-2006, 07:03 AM
The Fullerton Station is usually the better choice to get off than Anaheim.

The OCTA bus route 43 stops at the Fullerton Station, and goes to the Disneyland Pedestrian entrance, plus has plenty of cabs.

The Anaheim Station is in the middle of the Angel Stadium parking lot, so sometime traffic is a mess due to a event being held at the stadium, the bus stop is a LONG walk, and sometimes there are no cabs waiting at Anaheim.

Also, coming from Union Station, the fare is less to Fullerton than Anaheim, so you also save money.

potterphreak
05-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone, for all of your help! After DH threw his huge hissy fit and I posted this, I decided I would take the bus and told him so and then he freaked again, saying NO WAY! That is so unsafe! LOL So, I get to take *my* car and leave them at the game. Silly boy!! I understand, it IS kind of weird for everyone that I want to go so often but each time I go is a completely different experience. What's the harm in hitching a ride with them, not costing anything? LOL Oh well, it is what it is. As long as I can go and the grumping stops I am happy!

Thanks again!