PDA

View Full Version : Ways to make an Anniversary special in DLR

RedwoodMaiTai
05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
My husband and I will be celebrating five loving, happy, and fun-filled years of wedded bliss on May 12th. We will be leaving for Disneyland that morning as well.

Any ideas for a romantic surprise I can plan for him? We are staying 4 nights at the Grand Californian.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

leota's necklace
05-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Any ideas for a romantic surprise I can plan for him? We are staying 4 nights at the Grand Californian.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Congratulations!

A gift basket waiting in the room could be nice, something filled with treats for both of you. The Planners are very good at helping put together thoughful stuff. Also, after hearing about the Chef's table at Napa Rose, I know I will be planning something special around that. :) If you decide to get a table for yourselves, however, let your reservationist know it's your anniversary and they might be able to help you plan something nice. If you're into the spa experience, perhaps a pair of massages?

Enjoy yourselves! The GCH is gorgeous and will make you feel very special.

kisroo
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I agree with leota's necklace~arranging something (or a few things) with Vacation Planning is a great idea! Chocolate covered strawberries, champagne...The spa services are another great idea. They might even do an in-room massage?

When we were there, the GCH did a special turn down with roses which was pretty darn romantic. The concierge arranged it, but you might ask if they can do that for non-concierge rooms. I don't see why they wouldn't. I think if you let them know (and tip for it!) that you'd like to enjoy some special romantic touches, they will accommodate. :)

Order room service one night and enjoy it on your balcony. If you have a view of DL, you might be able to watch the fireworks.

Treat yourselves to the dessert buffet on the balcony if you are Fantasmic fans. Or if a tour is more your style, maybe do a VIP tour?

Lunch at the Blue Bayou, waterside.

Sip some wine and enjoy a 3 course dinner at the The Vineyard. Then, watch the Electric Light Parade from your table!

Have a fantastic anniversary trip!!

~kisroo:)

adriennek
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Napa.

Rose.

Adrienne

KarenW2
05-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Congrats on your 5 year anniversary, our 27th will be on 5-26-06!! If you'd like to see photos of some of the things from our 25th anniversary at the DLR, go here:

http://members.cox.net/dl.album/our_25th_anniversary_at_the_disneyland_resort/index.html

My hubby arranged the week before, with the Chef at Granville's Steak House at the DLH, without my knowledge, for a special chocolate dessert. We spent the day walking all over both parks, were totally exhausted and more than ready for a nice, relaxing meal. I was VERY surprised (as was he, since they didn't tell him what they'd do specifically) when they brought out our special dessert and wished us Happy Anniversary! After dinner, we went to see Shrek 2, that had recently opened at the AMC in DTD. Very romantic!

We were staying at the GCH, so he had also arranged with them ahead of time, to have his gifts (including a gorgeous, very limited edition - #2 of 5, large framed tile picture of Sleeping Beauty and her Prince, by Elizabeth Gomes), balloons, Groom Mickey & Bride Minnie, as well as a box of chocolate truffles, to be delivered to our room and waiting for us when we got there. He also asked them to do the special turn-down service, so you'll see photos of that as well.

I had printed out a special "Happy 25th Anniversary to Us" banner on our computer, so when we went on the Tower of Terror at DCA, we held it up when the on-ride photo was taken. It's the first and only time I've ever purchased one of those photos, but I had to, because it was a special occassion!

The next night, we had another special dinner out, at our favorite off-site restaurant, The Hobbit, in Orange. He arranged ahead of time to have 25 long-stemmed roses (my favorite flowers, one for each year!) delivered and on our table, waiting for us when we got there.

I really appreciate the way he plans fun surprises in advance!! Hope you have a great anniversary, whatever you decide to do.

RedwoodMaiTai
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for all your terrific ideas. My husband has no idea what awaits him this weekend! :)

mulansgirl
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I made a thread like this a few weeks back my anniversary was may 1st. Yes you can get the special turn down service in non concierge rooms and it is very nice. The blue Bayou is closed currently for the POTC refurb. If you want a memorable trip try the VIP tour like they mentioned the tour guide is supposed to help you with seating for quite a few events so you could pack your trip with a lot of stuff and learn all about disney or so I hear (will try this later).or if you are on a budget take the tour of the GCH, that is what I did it is free. It was very interesting and we even got to see a presidential suite, that was amazing, but we were the only people who showed up for the tour and the guide was really frendly. I am not sure if they let everyone do this but we told him it was our anniversary and he helped to make it very special. We had reservations for the Napa Rose the waiter was wonderfull and also made the day feel very special. Just mention it to CM's if it feels right sometimes they make things special in small ways. for us they wrote happy anniversay in chocolate on our dessert plate it was small but made me feel so happy.

good luck on your trip and congradulations on five years.

MrsPooh
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
A small thing, but our last anniversary (#14) was spent at DL. Ride the Matterhorn at night, cuddled together in a bobsled, with the fireworks going on. That was such a romantic moment for us! ;)