PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Concierge or Disneyland Hotel Concierge?

kohl
05-05-2006, 08:47 AM
We can't decide if we want to stay at PP or DLH concierge. We want this to be a special trip, but it will cost $130 more to saty at DLH than PP for concierge. We are wondering if it really is worth staying at DLH for $130 more?:confused:

Carina
05-05-2006, 08:55 AM
oops

sierranevada
05-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I have actually stayed at DLH concierge but have only seen the PPH concierge room. Personally, the DLH room beats the PPH room hands down. I can't remember the exact floor at PPH (I think it was 3rd) but is seemed very dark to me. The DLH room is on 10th floor of the Sierra Tower and only concierge guests can use the glass elevator to access the floor (although you can also access the lounge with the regular elevators). It offers a nice view of the fireworks and with lots of windows, has a more open and airy feel to it.

Maybe someone who has used both can compare better.

kohl
05-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Has anyone stayed at both PP and DLH concierge?
I would love to hear your comparision.
Also, just your opinions of the concierge if you have stayed at either hotel would be great.
Thanks!

Susan L
05-06-2006, 04:33 PM
We haven't done conceirge but, we have stayed at both hotels. PPH rooms are much nicer and roomier. Park view rooms at PPH are very cool, I would take the PPH over DLH any day even with conceirge.

kohl
05-06-2006, 06:10 PM
We have also stayed at both hotels, but this trip we are trying to make a little more special, but I'm just not sure I can justify spending $130 more to stay at DLH.
We just don't know what to do!:confused:

Susan L
05-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, If it were me I would go with PPH. If our kids were little ones I would stay at the DLH, mainly because of the Neverland pool. That was another thing our kids didn't enjoy was the NLP it is only 4' deep, they kept referring to it as the kiddy pool. The PPH just fits better with our family as well as the budget.

I have never done conceirge like I said before because, I never thought it was that good of a deal. I don't think it would save us money on food. As for the perks, is there really that much? Anywho its your decision, good luck on figuring it out.

rentayenta
05-07-2006, 07:05 AM
I haven't stayed concierge at either hotel but I have stayed at both hotels. This is tough because without concierge I would choose the PPH hands down. The rooms are nicer and seem cleaner. The walk is a little farther but only by a few minutes and my family loves the Disney meets beach theme.

From what I have read the DLH concierge is better as far as where it's held but I believe the offerings are the same.

Good luck and have a fun trip!

kohl
05-07-2006, 08:54 AM
We have stayed at both hotels (not concierge) and love them both. My kids said they do like both pools, but we usually stay at PP so they haven't swam in the Neverland pool too many times. The walk is not a problem for us.
The thing that is making my husband want to stay at DLH concierge over PP is that you can see the fireworks from the lounge and have desserts while at PP you have to watch them from the pool area. He said that with it being summer we will probably spend more time in the lounge than most other trips.

sierranevada
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I have to agree with your husband. The fireworks view from the DLH concierge lounge is great! You can sit in the lounge with snacks and drinks and enjoy the show. At the PPH, you would have to leave the lounge and go to the corner of the pool area.

I have found that since the PPH was renovated, the rooms at both DLH and PPH are pretty similar in size and cleanliness. One thing that I did notice last time we stayed at PPH was when the park is open later (ie, midnight during the summer), the walk to the PPH just mentally seemed longer since we were more tired! I am a big advocate of the "it really isn't that much further" but it really got to us that time! The walk never bothered us when we stayed there off season but we weren't at the parks as late.

As far as the pools, I much prefer the DLH pool! It is bigger (and it does have a deep end) and has great themeing. The new slide at the PPH pool is really cool but the pool itself is just a plain rectangle - nothing special.

My other problem with the PPH now is the coffee maker. Now this will only matter is you travel with your own coffee & filters like I do. PPH has switched to the disposable pod coffee and basket - it is so small that you could not use your own filter and coffee. Both DLH & GCH still have the small 4 cup coffee makers that also work with filters and coffee. Since I drink only Peets, this was a big issue for me. That said, the PPH did go to the DLH and get one of their coffee makers for me so I was happy!:)

Just my two cents!

Susan L
05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I have found that since the PPH was renovated, the rooms at both DLH and PPH are pretty similar in size and cleanliness.

As far as the pools, I much prefer the DLH pool! It is bigger (and it does have a deep end) and has great themeing.

My other problem with the PPH now is the coffee maker.
Just my two cents!

The rooms are way bigger at the PPH especially when you have 4 + people.

The Neverland Pool is 4ft deep all around it has no deep end. This was my kids number one complaint about this pool.

We didn't even have a coffemaker in our DLH room. That is something we had to request as an extra in the Sierra Tower during our stay.

Karin
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I hold conference at both hotels frequently and prefer PPH rooms to DLH hands down. The room theming is just better, IMHO.

I've not done concierge at DLH, but the one at PPH is nice. That one gets my vote. If I were to pay my own money for one or the other, I'd choose PPH.

Rhiannon8404
05-07-2006, 02:55 PM
That said, the PPH did go to the DLH and get one of their coffee makers for me so I was happy!:)
That's cool! I'll have to ask them to do that next time. I bring my own coffee as well! Sometimes Peets, sometimes JavaCity or Starbucks, but I don't like "hotel" coffee.

sierranevada
05-07-2006, 07:07 PM
The rooms are way bigger at the PPH especially when you have 4 + people.

The Neverland Pool is 4ft deep all around it has no deep end. This was my kids number one complaint about this pool.

We didn't even have a coffemaker in our DLH room. That is something we had to request as an extra in the Sierra Tower during our stay.

Okay - I went to Disneyland meetings to compare square footage. The 2 queen rooms at both DLH & PPH are both 364 sq ft. The 2 queen & 1 sofa bed room at DLH is 415 sq ft. So regular rooms at both hotels are the same with the DLH room with the sofa bed at 50 sq ft larger. BTW, both PPH & DLH are larger than standard rooms at GCH at 353 sq ft.

And I was wrong on the Neverland pool - I called and it is offically 4 ft all around althought the CM said it gets about 6 inches deeper in some parts and the PPH pool does have a deep end at 6 ft. The Koi Pool at DLH does go up to 6 ft.

The coffeemaker at the DLH has always been upon request but there as never been a problem getting one.

It is weird - at PPH, mini fridge & pod coffee maker are in room. At DLH, mini fridge is in room - you just need to request coffee maker (regular 4 cup). And at GCH, coffee maker is in room (regular 4 cup), you need to request mini fridge! It would certainly be easier if all three hotels were the same!

sierranevada
05-07-2006, 07:08 PM
That's cool! I'll have to ask them to do that next time. I bring my own coffee as well! Sometimes Peets, sometimes JavaCity or Starbucks, but I don't like "hotel" coffee.

Yeah, they were actually very nice about it! It is the one thing that I am anal about when I travel - I have to have a good cup of coffee in the morning. I can deal with just about anything else but don't mess with my coffee!