PDA

View Full Version : Has the 50th played itself out?

Skunker
05-05-2006, 07:27 AM
I was just wondering, with the exception of the POTC rehab, do you think things will be back to normal this summer? Has the 50th celebration settled down and played out?

Vegitabeta
05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Well I'd guess it'll be a lot quieter and stuff with it not being the actual '50th year' anymore. But until they take all the 50th stuff down then it hasn't really played out.

Mark Mywords
05-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Well I'd guess it'll be a lot quieter and stuff with it not being the actual '50th year' anymore.

Yeah, but I betcha that the casual Disneyland goer folks aren't aware of that. As long as it's still being advertised as the "50th", I think people are still going to be attracted.

I have to admit, I'm surprised as to how massive the increase in attendance has been this past year. It should be interesting to see what happens with summer '07. You gotta figure it's a certainty that attendance will drop off then. Will the NEMO ride have enough pull to balance that out?

Susan L
05-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Geeze, I hope it drops back especially during the off season.

Tinkermommy
05-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Well I'd guess it'll be a lot quieter and stuff with it not being the actual '50th year' anymore.

If I'm not mistaken, the 5/5/05 media event was the kickoff of an 18-month 50th celebration. That means the 50th celebration will likely still be heavily promoted for this summer season. Disneyland doesn't turn 51 until July 17, so I'd expect it at least until then...

Genris
05-06-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm glad to see the crowds, because all that interest has got to have Disney Execs thinking about the next big thing they need to promote. Revenue from the park has been down for years, and that's not a good thing if you want to see new attractions and adequate maintenance of the existing ones.

I think word of mouth about the 50th additions will continue to bring people in this summer, who maybe didn't have any nostalgia about the actual birthday, but have heard that they need to get to Disneyland for this event. I personally know a few families who are planning a trip this summer (and haven't been in a few years).

It would be nice to have an off season back though. Preferably in time for our next visit in 2007 :D

rentayenta
05-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Geeze, I hope it drops back especially during the off season.

I do too. I miss there being an off season.

RStar
05-06-2006, 09:24 AM
I think I recall reading that the 50th will be promoted up until the end of summer. Then they will promote the holidays. So it will continue through this summer. Sorry.....

~Bob

disneyperson
05-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I think it will be almost as crowded this summer as last year. There has been a lot of media promotions on TV and in print telling people that everything is still in full swing. I'm looking forward to when the 50th stuff will finally be over and things slow down a little. Not too much mind you,I want attendance to be healthy. I just don't want to have arrive when the gates open or risk being shut out because it's full.