PDA

View Full Version : A tiny trip report for a super short trip

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Short trip so a very brief report

Let me start by thanking everyone who has recommended the Candy Cane Inn on this board. Nice room, got a good rate for the night, and a very doable walk. Also, very nice to get to the hotel at 11 am and get to check in.

So...............we checked in, made the walk to DL, acquired the stroller and headed straight to SM for a fastpass. Much to our surprise, we didn't need one. The line was only 10 minutes long! Same at Star Tours, Splash,(rode twice didn't even get damp) the Matterhorn, everywhere we went with the exclusion of Autopia, no lines at all!!!! New HM effects are totally awesome!

Worked our way through Tomorrowland and Adventureland, had a very yummy lunch at Rancho Zocolo and walked over to DCA. Rode Monsters (10 minute wait) talked my DD into a ride on TOT. She really loves it just hates the boiler room. DD and DH rode California Screaming twice. Took the little guy to Flik's to ride the rides and left the park at closing.

We took a walk to the Disney store to see the Pirates, my son was so disappointed the ride is closed, seeing the displays almost made up for it. Found a super cute pirate shirt for him and headed back to the hotel for the night.

This morning, grabbed breakfast and got to the park right at opening, no lines to get in, no lines at security. Right to Fantasyland, where we rode everything in about an hour, except Peter Pan, which as always had a huge line. Went to Toontown when it opened, saw Goofy, the little guy wanted to see Mickey but the line was out the door of his house and down almost past Goofy's playhouse. What happened to walking through and going to the movie barn?

Getting close to noon, so we stopped for a Dole whip and a sit down with the tiki birds. Decided the two year old had had enough and was about to have a less than magical meltdown. So we headed to the car.

My dd was very disappointed until she found out on the way home that she is going to have a girls only trip with my best friend and her daughter this sunday.

Lines were short, weather was cool and lovely and we had a great time.

Stitch Lover
05-04-2006, 04:20 PM
okay! question; what is a Dole Whip?? i have seen it metioned a few times here on the boards and it is driving me crazy as to what it is!:) also, where can you buy them?

bradk
05-04-2006, 04:24 PM
it's a soft serve frozen pineapple flavored treat. you can get them at the dole tiki juice bar in front of the enchanted tiki room (or at aloha isle in adventureland at wdw).

i prefer the dole whip float myself.

luckyamber
05-04-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm glad to hear you like CCI. I'm booked there for August for the first time and I keep hoping we like it. How long did the walk to DL take you?

allye
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Me Too!! We got our Confirmation Letter from Candy Cane Inn today. We will be going in July. For my DS 10 th birthday. Can't wait.

ghoofie
05-05-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm glad to hear you like CCI. I'm booked there for August for the first time and I keep hoping we like it. How long did the walk to DL take you?

Depends how fast you walk. Generally about 10 minutes.
We'll be there in two weeks.

CCI Rules !!
Say hi to Oscar for me.

Stitch Lover
05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
thanks bradk! that sounds really good!:) i will try to remember to get one the next time i go.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
it was a fifteen minute walk with two little ones.

Did I mention, no lines at all. it almost felt like off season :).

miss bianca
05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Did you go today?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
we were there yesterday and Wednesday, and going back on Sunday for a mommy and me hurrah before the summer crowds start up.

tinker3
05-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I can't believe you only had to wait 10 min. for Monsters, that's Awesome! We have only been on it once and waited almost 90 min. I hope it's slow like that next week.:D Have fun on your girls trip!

Family5LovesDisney
05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Wow! You were lucky to have such short lines. I'm sure that when we are there the weekend of the 20th, it will be packed! Sounds like you had a blast!