PDA

View Full Version : New Photos from today 5/04/06

chrisaustx
05-04-2006, 11:44 AM
I have just come back from a 3 hour visit from Disneyland
**Spoilers** Caution**
The Haunted Mansion was not open this morning when the park opened, WDI was still testing the new effects. I got to ride the Haunted Mansion with four Team Disney Anaheim Managers, one told me the ride has been up and down for the past few days, and she was worried we would have the ride break down on us, not a good thing.
The spooky lightening scene downstairs has been changed a bit. And the new surprises upstairs have been added.
I have put up a few quick shots of the new effect if you don't want to see it, please don't look.
I have lots of new photos today from Disneyland.
To clarify another post, I asked a supervisor today at Disneyland what the policy is for outside food, the supervisor said, you may take no container with food inside larger than a six pack of coke cans. The ghosts photos are a bit hard to see, she is after all a ghost.

Here comes the bride:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_1976.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_1968.jpg

Here are the rest of the photos today, including submarine photos and the Columbia being worked on, it appears something is wrong with the engine on the Columbia.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kq5sYUmMxrz%2bB Pw7TMLcoFRqAewi10L2FWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Hit view as guest on the AOL photo page, and view as slide show.
Regards,
Chris
Anaheim, CA

JulieNMM
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Great pictures! A few questions:

1. What are the guests and Pinocchio doing at the main gate? A dance?

2. I went to DL a while back and we were there a few minutes before opening (first and only time!!!) and had to wait outside the turnstiles. Are they now letting people in but only onto Main Street before the actual opening time? Does the "rope drop" happen at the end of Main Street??

3. The pictures of some guys on stage -- where is that? Golden Horseshoe?

4. They're making changes to the Haunted Mansion? That's cool.

JULIE

chrisaustx
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
They lined up some guys in front of the Mickey floral arrangement before 9 AM, and yes the band was playing and Pinocchio was telling them what dance moves to make. The early entry started at 8 AM, only guests with early entry tickets could get in before 9 AM. I had to line up and wait for the rope to drop at 9 AM at the end of main street. The new stuff in the Haunted Mansion is great, the new bride freaks me out. The guys on stage was the Golden Horseshoe, my camera didn't like the lights in there.

lobotomomma
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Once again, awesome pics, Chrisaustx!! Thanks for sharing!!!

tmptink
05-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks chrisaustx for the pics and the info. With the men lined up, my husband did that the last time we were there but it was with strollers and Alice and the Mad Hatter was leading. It was so funny. But of course I forgot to take pictures.

kered22
05-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Man, that first pic is really spooky looking. They did a great job on it though. :)

chrisaustx
05-05-2006, 08:01 AM
The first time I saw the new bride, I was a bit freaked out, they did a great job on this.

miss bianca
05-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I can't tell by your pictures - was it somewhat crowded or pretty light?

miss bianca
05-06-2006, 05:06 PM
bump

chrisaustx
05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Very light, Space Mountain had no line!