PDA

View Full Version : Father's day gift

cookie7762
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I will be going to disneyland for a week on may 24th. My Dad is the fellow disney fanatic in my family, and he won't be on the trip with me since I am traveling with my boyfriends family. I think it would be really special to get him something from disneyland for fathers day, but not something to cheesy or hoaky, so does anyone have any idea of a special present for my dad from the park?

simbaNnala101
05-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Well it really depends what your dad is into. My dad loves trains just like Walt and so I always try to get him a piece or a train set from like the emporium. And my brother loves indy and I always get him somethign from there. But if you are willing to spend a lot of money on him they have those really nices watches at the new century store where you can pick a character and the animator draws it and puts it is the watch. I always wanted to get one of those for my dad with a character in it that he loves but I think that they are around $250-$350 and I never seem to have quite that much extra on me but that I think would be a way special gift. Also if he is a real fanatic and has hot been to disneyland for the 50th then I would get him soething with the 50th anniversary on it and try to have it personalized. Hope any of that helps.

~Ash~:D

hg0079
05-04-2006, 11:30 AM
what is your budget, you might find a nice souviner from the jewels of new orleans store.

DianeM
05-04-2006, 12:20 PM
This might fit in the "hokey" category, but what about getting him a set of 50th Anniversay Mickey Mouse Ears that say "#1 Dad"? I think most father's would love something like that.

I will be going to disneyland for a week on may 24th. My Dad is the fellow disney fanatic in my family, and he won't be on the trip with me since I am traveling with my boyfriends family. I think it would be really special to get him something from disneyland for fathers day, but not something to cheesy or hoaky, so does anyone have any idea of a special present for my dad from the park?

hg0079
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Diane, I was just informed on another thread that CM's only put "names" on the ears.

Vegitabeta
05-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, any of the 50th 'cos that's pretty special. Also, if you're not on a tight budget you could get one of those nice fancy shirts...you know, I saw one with Jessica Rabbit on holding a surfboard...depends on the dad of course:)

cookie7762
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
well my budget would be between $50 and $100, and he has been there since the 50th started. hm, so I don't know. anything golf related? or maybe tacher related, because he is a third grade teacher.