PDA

View Full Version : DownTown Disney parking?

hlbtimes2
05-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Our flight gets in about 9:30 tonight. I'm thinking we might want to hit DTD for a quick drink or snack before bed. If nothing else a quick walk thru to get in the spirit of things. We are staying at the CCI, and will have a rental car. Wondering if there is a good place to park for a quick trip to DTD or if we should just ride the CCI shuttle back and forth. If there is parking, how much is it? And where is it?

Thanks!

Niwel
05-04-2006, 10:31 AM
DTD has its own parking (off Disney Way). If you get your ticket validated, it is good for up to 5 hours (unless they've changed it). Taking a shuttle might be a pain only because the shuttle drops of near Disneyland and you have to go through the security line to get in (and then again to get back to the shuttle).

Andrew
05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
And it's not the Lilo lot.

hlbtimes2
05-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Do I get on Disney Way off Harbor? I think I remember seeing a sign and not really knowing where it went, when we were there last month.

Disnerd
05-04-2006, 10:59 AM
It's Disneyland Drive, not Disney Way. Disney Way will take you to the Lion King Parking lots. From Harbor take Ball Rd. or Katella to Disneyland Dr. then to Magic Way. First 3 hours are free. 5 if you go to the AMC or a sit down resturant. ART shuttles will stop running tonight 30 mins. after the park closes. (9pm DL - 7pm DCA)

Niwel
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
oops -- sorry -- I meant MAGIC Way -- parallel to harbor
here's the map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=100%20W%20Disney%20Way&city=Anaheim&state=CA&zipcode=92802%2d2900&country=US&geodiff=1)

hlbtimes2
05-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks! Three hours would be more then enough. It will be late before we get there, if we go at all.

Three moms without our kids- I"m not sure what sounds better, sleep or going out!

Disnerd
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Even though MapQuest shows that it goes to Disneyland Drive you have to go thru a toll booth since it goes into the parking lot behind DCA. Look at this map from local live http://local.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&&msnurl=home.aspx?%26redirect%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US

Niwel
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
And make sure to turn left from Magic Way not right -- or you will end up in the parking area for Disneyland :)

Disnerd
05-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Rats! That didn't work. The microsoft map will show you that Disney Way goes into the lot behind DCA. Or you can look at the birdseye view. Go around the resort via Ball or Katella to get to Disneyland Dr.

Disnerd
05-04-2006, 11:15 AM
With our crack directions I'm sure she'll wind up at Magic Mountain.:D

Niwel
05-04-2006, 11:25 AM

Oy! Perish the thought!!! :)

hlbtimes2
05-04-2006, 11:38 AM

And with that, I sprayed diet coke on my desk and keyboard. Are there signs once I get in the area?

If I took Katella to Disneyland Drive (that is the street with PP and GC on it, right?) which way will I turn on Magic- right or left?

Disnerd
05-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Coming from the PP and GCH you will turn left on to Magic way and then another left to enter the lot. There is a big green, yellow and red sign that says Downtown Disney after you pass the Grand.

Niwel
05-04-2006, 11:59 AM
If you miss it you will end up driving past the parking structure to Ball Road. The good news is you can make a U turn (but be sure to stay to the right -- otherwise you will end up in the Mickey and Friends parking Structure).

Darkbeer
05-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Note, on MANY Friday and Saturday Nights, the DtD parking is at Simba, since the lot of Magic Way gets full, especially if the House of Blues has a major event...

Here is a Satellite photo showing the route from where you will most likely park to the UVA Bar (about the center of DtD).

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=163904