PDA

View Full Version : Minnie's Moonlit Madness

pluriefuture
05-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Anyone else on the MP boards a participant this year?

It was my first time, so I don't know how it compared to previous years. I thought it was really fun, and some of the clues were pretty difficult.

Thoughts?

shawnarae
05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
What is this? I have never heard of it.

Andrew
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
What is this? I have never heard of it.
Think MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/), only after park hours and with the participants tied together. And harder quests. Much, much harder.

Kevin Yee drew much of his inspiration for the original addQuest (forerunner of MouseAdventure) from Minnie's.

bradk
05-04-2006, 03:42 PM
it's also primarily for CMs (although they can bring in non-CM types)

Wesley815
05-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Think MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/), only after park hours and with the participants tied together. And harder quests. Much, much harder.It was VERY fun, and yes, pretty hard to.

If you want to know what it's like, you just have to be a CM. :) There were a few non-CM's there, but not many... and it seemed kinda out of place to have any non-CM's there anyways.

AVP
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
If you want to know what it's like, you just have to be a CM. :) There were a few non-CM's there, but not many... and it seemed kinda out of place to have any non-CM's there anyways.I've played three times, and I'm not a CM. My teams always did very well. (We would have been 3rd once if a scoring error had not happened) It used to be that 3 members of a 4-person team had to be CMs, now only ONE member has to be one so it seemed to me that there were more non-CM players every year.

I didn't participate this year, but I'll be back.

AVP

evrythngwmn
05-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I've played three times, and I'm not a CM. My teams always did very well. (We would have been 3rd once if a scoring error had not happened) It used to be that 3 members of a 4-person team had to be CMs, now only ONE member has to be one so it seemed to me that there were more non-CM players every year.

I didn't participate this year, but I'll be back.

AVP

Yep, on my team of four this year I was the only CM. When I started with Disney about four years ago you had to have two out of four be CMs. It had to be 2004 that they reduced it to 1 CM minimum per team because since that year I've been the only CM on my team.

AVP
05-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Yep, on my team of four this year I was the only CM. When I started with Disney about four years ago you had to have two out of four be CMs. It had to be 2004 that they reduced it to 1 CM minimum per team because since that year I've been the only CM on my team.How did you do?

pluriefuture
05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
My team only had one Disney employee. She works in Burbank in one of the offices up there. We did pretty well for first timers. It was really fun and silly to have to be clipped together by ropes.

evrythngwmn
05-05-2006, 01:33 AM
How did you do?

Pointwise and rankwise we did better last year. This year though I feel that we did better with completing the tasks. We finished all of them and only guessed at one. We also did better on the trivia portion. I think we scored lower because I picked half easier lower point tasks and half higher point harder tasks. Got to remember next year to go for more higher point tasks.

evrythngwmn
05-05-2006, 01:34 AM
My team only had one Disney employee. She works in Burbank in one of the offices up there. We did pretty well for first timers. It was really fun and silly to have to be clipped together by ropes.

yeah, at one point I felt like a hyper child on a kid leash. I was trying to pull my team along to go faster.

audibleatom
05-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I was there and we had only one CM on our team...our first time playing and now that we know how it all goes we should do better next year. We were 242nd place with a score of 749, the highest score was 1532. Go team 18!! I think we got about 60%-70% of the trivia correct and im not sure how many of the scavanger/riddles we got correct. If this is alot harder than mouse adventure i might have to sign up and do that one.

AVP
05-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Got to remember next year to go for more higher point tasks.We learned that too. The "easy" quests are usually worse for your score because they are often "activity" quests that require you to wait in line to do something. The "hard" quests are usually puzzle quests that you can do at your own speed. The years that we picked all hard quests, we actually finished all 10.

audibleatom - IMHO, MMM is about as difficult as MouseAdventure.

AVP

pluriefuture
05-05-2006, 09:20 AM
We finished 22nd. I believe we had somewhere around 1260 points, and were just five points out of the top 20. Personally, I was shocked, because after the trivia answers were revealed we heard a lot of ones we had gotten wrong.

How does the break down of points work? More for challenges? How much is each trivia question worth?

AVP
05-05-2006, 11:10 AM
How does the break down of points work? More for challenges? How much is each trivia question worth?I don't remember exactly, but I thought it was something like 120 points for hard quests and 80 points for easy quests and 2 pts for each trivia correct question, or some such scale.

The scoring has always confused me, because I know that one year the team that won was announced has having had more points than were supposedly possible in the entire game, and the second place team won with a score that was mathematically impossible given the possible point values as we knew them. So either we completely misunderstood some method of getting points, or there was a scoring error, or the final scores were announced incorrectly.

Scoring errors have always been the bane of my MMM experience, so I completely understand why MouseAdventure teams get frustrated when we screw up.

AVP

pluriefuture
05-05-2006, 11:41 AM
If Mouseadventure wasn't the same weekend as Coachella this spring, then I might have had to compete in both. It also didn't help that they were about two days apart from each other. I might have been Disney-ed out.

Nah, who am I kidding, I wouldn't have been.

Polar33
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
This is the second year I've participated in Minnie's, and I must say that I'm hooked. Our team took 9th place, which is 5 places down from the previous year, but we still beat the teams of my immediate co-workers, so I don't mind it so much. :D

Did anyone else despise the Small World video first clue? Our team had to fight through the crowd as we were in the back and our flag was hidden behind the toy shoppe. Experience as a CM has tought me how to expertly navigate through crowds, but never while tied to three other people!

pluriefuture
05-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Did anyone else despise the Small World video first clue?

It was kind of confusing at first, what with the 10:45 clock going off -- with no music, how creepy was that. People couldn't really tell if we were looking at Small World or Matterhorn or what. The video was kind of fun, but it was hard expecting everyone to be able to get their clue and take off in an orderly fashion.

That being said, we were the first Italian flag team at Red Rocket's Pizza Port.

AVP
05-06-2006, 08:53 AM
The first (or "scatter") clue is tough, especially if it's an audio clue and the teams around you won't Shut Up!

pluriefuture, the timing of MouseAdventure vs. Minnies was tough (and we'd never even heard of Coachella, and probably wouldn't have planned around it if we had), but the next MouseAdventure is tentatively scheduled for November 5th. I'd love to see more CM teams play MouseAdventure.

AVP

pluriefuture
05-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I would totally love to play MA, as long as the wedding I have that month doesn't overlap with the date... I'm not personally a CM, but one of my team members was. I'm actually a CM at USH, so I'm technically behind enemy lines doing all these trivia games. Even my bosses over there thought this was a cool idea.

whatsamatterhorn
05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Minnies is coming up again 5/22.

Any participants on the board this time around?

Andrew
05-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Moderator's note: The last post in this thread is over a year old. If you want to continue the discussion, please start a new thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8493).