PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland diamond ring

Pages : [1] 2

simbaNnala101
05-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I wanted to get a ring for my girlfriend when we are in disneyland. But I want a really nice ring with like a real dimond like 1/4 carrot or 1/2 carrot or even a real colored stone like like pink safire but I want it to be really nice. Does any one know if disney sells anything nice and real like that not just a fake stone in a sterling silver band. and If so is it like mega more expensive there. Like if i was to get a 1/4 carrot little ring hear I could get it for like $150-$350 but is it going to be like $300-$600? Does any one know? Thanx for your help.:D

~Ash~

Dexter
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
You can check the Jewel De Orleans shop next to the french market, to the best of my knowledge that is an actual no kidding jewler inside the park, albeit, I've never been in it.

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, there's also one in the emporium next to the watch shop. The prices aren't exorbanent a friend of mine got mickey icon pearl earrings for I want to say 150.

Leash81
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
The Jewel of Orleans in New Orleans Square. It is a jewelry store that sells all sorts of lovely things and most of them are antiques. Their inventory changes a lot so they might have something in your price range, you just have to check. My fiance bought my engagement ring for me there and then we went back to get my wedding ring too. Their stuff is great. Plus the fact that it came from Disneyland makes it that much more special.

SoCalTinkerbelle
05-03-2006, 09:36 PM
The store the posters above mentioned is the only one I can think of. They have some beautiful estate jewlery. My friend almost bought a ring one time.. didn't go through with it, though, but they have some very ncie stuff. My geuss is it might be on the pricey side.. seeing as its inside DL though :)

Andrew
05-03-2006, 10:08 PM
I bought our wedding/engagement rings at Jewel of Orleans and they were perfect. The staff are wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable. If you happen to be in San Francisco, you can visit their "parent" shop, Dianne's Estate Jewelry (http://diannesestatejewelry.com/).

AVP
05-03-2006, 10:20 PM
I'll second that recommendation. Tony and I both proudly wear wedding rings purchased at Jewel of Orleans. It's wonderful to have an estate ring that doesn't look like every other ring out there. I get compliments on my ring every single day.

AVP

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
FYI, there is no AP discount at Jewel of Orleans.....

But they have a returning client discount of 10%.

So buy something on the low-end first, then go for the big stuff.

Also, they do have a lay-away plan, about 10% down to reserve the item (most items are one-of-a-kind), you then have 12 months to pay off the remaining amount. They want a payment a month, but will work with you, including taking payment by phone and/or mail if you can't make it to the park.

My girlfriend has a few items from the store... :)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
FYI, there is no AP discount at Jewel of Orleans.....

But they have a returning client discount of 10%.

My girlfriend has a few items from the store... :)

Can I say I am Darkbeer? Think they'd believe me and give me the 10% off for a mom's day gift to myself? ;)

Great into...thank you! I will give your name to my hubby and the reference to Deogge's Mom having a few items from there! :)

05-04-2006, 05:38 AM
you can visit their "parent" shop, Dianne's Estate Jewelry (http://diannesestatejewelry.com/).

Anyone who's looking for a just-cuz present for 3894/Helen, I love that Burmese ruby ring.

simbaNnala101
05-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanx for every ones help but by the looks of it they are all antique rings and well she is only 18 and I think might want something more modern and smaller all those look so big and older. Should I just get something out side of the park? or does anyone know of any thing more modern in that store? Is there no rings like that on main street in the watch and jewlery shop?

~Ash~

AVP
05-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Thanx for every ones help but by the looks of it they are all antique rings and well she is only 18 and I think might want something more modern and smaller all those look so big and older. Should I just get something out side of the park? or does anyone know of any thing more modern in that store? Is there no rings like that on main street in the watch and jewlery shop?

~Ash~Their merchandise changes ALL THE TIME, and you can definitely find smaller there (but probably not really "modern," which sorta negates the whole "estate jewelry" thing) But it's definitely worth the look, because you never know what you will find.

The 20th Century Timepieces store carries other Disney rings, including some I think are really diamond, but are usually in Mickey settings.

AVP

Larilyn
05-04-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd suggest you go and at least look in the store.

We go to Disneyland with my grandma every year for her birthday and she loves to look in that store. And while there is a lot of the big, old fashioned jewelry that she loves, there is also always a few things that I, as a much younger woman, would love. She actually bought my 25 year old sister a ring there just last year that is beautiful and pretty modern.

cstephens
05-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanx for every ones help but by the looks of it they are all antique rings and well she is only 18 and I think might want something more modern and smaller all those look so big and older.

I think it depends on what you mean by "modern". They have some smaller rings that are pretty much just solitaires or other "classic" looks. Wouldn't hurt to go with her to have a look.

tod
05-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanx for every ones help but by the looks of it they are all antique rings and well she is only 18 and I think might want something more modern and smaller all those look so big and older.

Maybe what you need is a decoder ring, preferably with a secret compartment. They were very big when I was a kid. ;)

--t

bradk
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
be sure to drink your ovaltine!

adriennek
05-04-2006, 09:52 AM
My ring from Jewel of Orleans is a solitare sapphire. The reason I HAD to have it (besides that it was a sapphire,) is that except for the shape of the stone, the ring (from the early 60s) is the twin sister of my engagement ring (made in 1993): Solitare, platinum setting with a gold band.

Just because it's "Estate" Jewelry doesn't make it "old fashioned."

And as for "modern" remember: everything old is new again! Retro can be modern, can't it ;)

Adrienne

simbaNnala101
05-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Thank you all so much for your help I think I will wait then and see what they have there I just don't know what I am suppose to do if they don't have a ring being that I am proposing when we are there. Does anyone have any pictures of any othe jewlery from there that I could possible look at? That would be greatly appriciated. Thanx.

~Ash~:D

oohykitten
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
question along the same lines, does that store on Main Street offer mens rings in a white gold with Mickey settings? The husband to be wants a "hidden mickey" in his ring.

jdee
05-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I just don't know what I am suppose to do if they don't have a ring being that I am proposing when we are there.~Ash~:D

If she's the right girl, she will love any ring you propose with. They do have beautiful rings, I always go in and look. Talking with the CM one day, they said quite a few people come in and buy engagements rings and then drop on one knee in the store. They try to stop them and remind them to find a place a little bit more romantic, like in front of the castle. There was a thread about places to propose you might want to search for it and get some good ideas. Best wishes, let us know if she says yes.

DianeM
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
You could propose with a toy ring, then tell her you want her to help you pick out her real engagement ring, because you want something chosen by both of you. Personally, I think that choosing a ring or ring set together is very romantic, and this way you could get the benefit of a suprise proposal AND picking out your rings together. And if she wants something a little bit more expensive, you can buy it on layawy. Just don't spend too much. I wanted an engagement ring when I got engaged, but only because my fiancee was 2000 miles away, and it made me feel close to him. I don't wear it now, except for special occasions. I'm just not a gem person. And keep in mind that you don't have to get a diamond. I had a sapphire, by choice. I won't wear diamonds because of the blood diamond problems. You see a lot of women with non-diamond engagement rings nowadays. Just be careful to get a hard stone - opals are a favorite, but they are soft and not meant for everyday wear. Sapphires, rubies, or emeralds are more durable for everyday wear - and beautiful. Congratulations on finding Ms. Right. :-)

Thank you all so much for your help I think I will wait then and see what they have there I just don't know what I am suppose to do if they don't have a ring being that I am proposing when we are there. Does anyone have any pictures of any othe jewlery from there that I could possible look at? That would be greatly appriciated. Thanx.

~Ash~:D

MrsPooh
05-04-2006, 01:30 PM
I think tod and bradK need to go stand in the corner! :eek:

AVP
05-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Personally, I think that choosing a ring or ring set together is very romantic, and this way you could get the benefit of a suprise proposal AND picking out your rings together.I'm probably safe posting this here, since my DH doesn't often read the Disneyland forum....

I think that letting her help pick out the ring that she is going to wear for the rest of her life is a REALLY GOOD IDEA. Because no matter how well you think you know her tastes, or how well you think you can interpret the description she has given you, your idea of, say a "Trillion(tm) channel-set in gold" and HER idea of a "Trillion(tm) channel-set in gold" may be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Trust me. Been there. Done that. Have the ring.

AND, you may both discover that when you look at rings together, the "Trillion(tm) channel-set in gold" she has her heart set suddenly takes the back burner once she lays eyes on the "Princess-cut in a white gold basket setting." I'm just saying.

I'm just somewhat less romantic and more practical about such things. Just like I think I should have some say into the car I'm going to drive for 5-10 years, I think I should get to help choose the ring I'm going to wear for life.

AVP

dsnyredhead
05-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm probably safe posting this here, since my DH doesn't often read the Disneyland forum....

AVP

You know you've probably just jinxed yourself...:D

cstephens
05-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of any othe jewlery from there that I could possible look at? That would be greatly appriciated.

I don't know that any jewelry store would be too keen on people taking pictures of their merchandise, and as has already been stated, some merchandise can go through there fairly quickly, so there's no guarantee that even if you saw something there today, it would still be there when you get there. I've seen stuff sold within a week's time from its arrival in the store.

annalisa
05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
its probably pricey but it was the first thing i thought of...

isn't there a swarovski in downtown disney somewhere?