PDA

View Full Version : From the Mouths of Muggles

Morrigoon
04-20-2002, 08:04 PM
This is great, I was talking to a guy last night who was trying to impress me (he'd already lost my interest by smoking, but he didn't know that), and I bring up Disneyland. Here's what he said:

"...I know Disneyland like the back of my hand! First there's Hometown, USA, okay, then to the left is Adventureland, which has a Jungle Boat ride, and Indiana Jones of the Lost Valley, then past that is New Orleans, which used to have (rest in peace), Pirates of the Carribbean, then further to the right is Future World...."

....yeah, you know it like the back of your hand all right **snicker!**... by the way, how long since you've washed that thing?

Largent81
04-20-2002, 08:16 PM
LOL! I know people who are the exact same way. If you but in and make a polite "actually," they bite your head off.

Forget the fact that they haven't even been to the park in 10+ years.

Atleast you lost interest in him before he made a fool out of himself.

Morrigoon
04-20-2002, 08:29 PM
The part that cracked me up most was his bit about Pirates being closed (years ago, according to him) ROTFL!

MouseWife
04-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Where the heck did you meet this guy?

Oh, the joys of being single.

Just be thankful that you could leave him behind. ;)

Some women find that sort of b.s. attractive. :eek:

At least he provided some amusement, no?

Like two wild and crazy guys!!

{but sadly he was real!!}

Morrigoon
04-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Frankly, I wish there was someone who piqued my interest. In 2 1/2 years, there hasn't been ONE man that I found interesting enough to want to date. Not one.

But enough of me... come on, share your muggle stories!

MonorailMan
04-21-2002, 05:42 AM
Many A Time I've Heard, "Where is that Hanunted House?" in the background. Also, I've must have heard 10 different names for DCA, "Californialand", "California Adventureland", "California's Adventure", "California Adventures", "That Place Next To DL." ;)

Also, seems like you can always spot a Muggle when you hear certain names of attractions said wrong, such as "California Soarin'". :)

disneyhead
04-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I've must have heard 10 different names for DCA, "Californialand", "California Adventureland", "California's Adventure", "California Adventures", "That Place Next To DL." ;)

I've got at least 10 different names for DCA, but community standards prevent me from listing them.

SoCalSnowWhite
04-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Last time i was in the HM hallway with the changing pix, I heard a guy say " I remember when the elevators used to open right in front of the little carts. They sure did change this ride a lot. "

Grrrr! So annoying!!!!

hbquikcomjamesl
04-26-2002, 08:00 AM
Frankly, I wish there was someone who piqued my interest. In 2 1/2 years, there hasn't been ONE man that I found interesting enough to want to date. Not one.

I'm 39, almost 40, and I have yet to date anybody. I'm a computer programmer by trade; my hobbies include writing, photography, model trains, Star Trek, and music lessons. (I've been taking organ lessons [YES, real pipes!] for about 5 years, and expect I'll be a ham-handed beginner for the rest of my life.) I'm a voracious reader, and I have season tickets to a series and a half at Hollywood Bowl, and a DLR premium annual pass.

And I'm a lifelong nonsmoker who fails to understand how sucking on a burning poisonous plant could be worth sucking on a burning poisonous plant.

Am I interesting enough, Morrigoon?

mad4mky
04-26-2002, 08:15 AM
Gee, I didn't know if I should post after hbquickcomjamesl's post...

That is quite an introduction, and offering there Morrigoon...are you going to let him know what you think? Now the whole MP crowd will want to know...

I get frustrated with Muggles. You just can't change their minds of what they seem to "know". I have a friend who's husband just drives me batty with his wrong info. It just infuriates me. But, with this guy, there is just no convincing him otherwise...even if I have a Disney book that says so...he'll be absolutley stubborn about it...grrrr... I got to learn to "let it go..."
BUT, I have to say that the guy you were with Morrigoon takes the cake! What a clown. That alone would make me not want to go out with him again...
Are you going to? (am I being too nosy?)

:confused:

Dave Z
04-26-2002, 12:48 PM
How funny, just yesterday at the A's/Yankees game some guy saw my DL sweatshirt and starts singing 'It's a great big beautiful tomorrow' the theme to Small World. (according to him)

Could be the alcohol, too, with some muggle thrown in with a dash of time warp.

DZ