PDA

View Full Version : My local VONS in Tustin has 1-Day ParkHoppers at $10 off

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Couldn't find any online confirmation, but the store had professional signage (small, plastic, shaped like Mickey, Adult price in the left ear, Kids in the right, looks like it was either from Disney of Safeway Corporate) for the Southern California 1-Day Park Hopper, $69 for Adults, $59 for Kids 3 thru 9, that is $10 off the Main Gate Prices.

Both the Price Signs, and the actual Park Hopper Gift Cards state that...

Guests must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 to use this ticket for admission and proof of residency will be required. Ticket Expires January 2, 2007. Please retain the original receipt as proof of activation.

nightdesigns
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Vons on the corner of Newport and Old Bryan? or a different one?

And for some reason I thought you lived in San Diego. :confused:

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Vons on the corner of Newport and Old Bryan? or a different one?

And for some reason I thought you lived in San Diego. :confused:

Yes, it is the one off Newport....

And yes, I still live in San Diego, but my Girlfriend lives in Tustin, and for some reason, whenever I can, I spend time in Tustin to spend time with her:D

I am going back to San Diego tomorrow AM to take of business.....

And, yes, I HATE looking at the current prices of gas, $3.51 at a Thrifty on Newport.... YUCK!!!!!!

HorizonsA
05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Disneyland is doing a limited time promotional offer for all Southern California residents where a one day park hopper ticket is $10 off. The promotion started the week right after the 2Fer-ticket promotion ended. Everyone else must buy the regular one-day Park Hoppers. All Disney Stores and participating Vons/Pavilions stores sell this promotion. This is a limited time offer only. I don't know how long the promotion is going on for, but my Disney Store is selling them now.

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
^ Thanks for the info, I PRESUME that only the SoCal Disney Stores will be selling this discounted ParkHopper.

HorizonsA
05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes, that is correct.

Please people, if you do go to a Disney Store or Vons/Pavilions to buy Disneyland tickets, please make sure you are picking the right one because there are TWO One-Day Park Hopper tickets: the regular one and the Southern California one. And if you are at a Disney Store and are thinking about buying tickets, PLEASE consult a Cast Member before you take them to a register. We do get calls every now and then from guests who accidently buy the wrong ticket and they yell at us for it. One guest accidently bought four childs park hopper tickets when she meant to buy four adult park hopper tickets. She calls us and starts to blame us for it and she demanded that we fix it for her. All Disneyland Resort tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non-transferrable. Once those tickets leave the store, there is NOTHING that any Cast Member can do. Those tickets are the property of the Walt Disney Company, which the Disney Store chain is not part of. We are just licensed to sell them, for obvious reasons. If you bring tickets to the register, please ask the Cast Member if you are buying the right one.

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 10:53 PM
A Disney Store CM at Laughing Place posted this...

Anyone that plans on purchasing these SoCal Park Hoppers be aware that they are being very strict on who is purchasing them. at the Disney Store we have to check ID's to confirm that it is only SoCal residents are purchasing the tickets and we have to tell everyone that every (adult) will need to show ID with their ticket at the gate.

FYI, the SoCal rules changed back in January, 2005, and all the SoCal ticket media has been marked that EACH Guest must be a SoCal (or Baja California) resident, not just the person purchasing the ticket.

The new SoCal 1-Day ParkHoppers Gift Cards are marked on BOTH sides...

The front of the PH (Donald for Adult, Goofy for Kids) says in the lower right

Must reside with zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 and proof of residency required for admission

And the back of the ticket (with the bar code) says...

Guests must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 to use this ticket for admission and proof of residency will be required. Ticket Expires January 2, 2007. Please retain the original receipt as proof of activation.

Sounds like Disney wants to start cracking down on this policy, which happens to be the same policy as the Florida discount for the WDW parks, each user of the discount ticket must be a resident, you cannot buy the ticket for out-of-state guests.

spectromen
05-04-2006, 07:21 AM
And yes, I still live in San Diego, but my Girlfriend lives in Tustin, and for some reason, whenever I can, I spend time in Tustin to spend time with her:D
And, yes, I HATE looking at the current prices of gas, $3.51 at a Thrifty on Newport.... YUCK!!!!!!

Ahh, that explains it..I was about to ask, how is the Tustin Vons your local Vons?
For gas in the area, I just saw $3.33 as being the lowest in the immediate area at the 76 on Newport that's also got a Car Wash - across from Souplantation.

The old man
05-04-2006, 08:04 AM
...And yes, I still live in San Diego...I HATE looking at the current prices of gas, $3.51 at a Thrifty on Newport.... YUCK!!!!!!
When you travel down to San Diego get off at Mission Ave. East, in Oceanside, 1/4 mile up Mission the Arco today was $3.28 and across the street (Union 76?) was $3.29.

David

Darkbeer
05-04-2006, 08:20 AM
FYI, the 1-Day SoCal ParkHopper can also be bought at Disneyland.com, and at the Main Entry Plaza Ticket Booths.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-04-2006, 03:33 PM
For the timebeing, whenever there is a Disney ticket promotion for Southern California, Vons will also carry the tickets. Disney is just as pleased as punch at the way tickets have been selling in the Vons stores. It's created what they are calling the impulse trip. Impulse buy the ticket and you just have to make that trip!

mypupmickey
06-21-2006, 11:47 AM
I just went to Vons & asked how much the adult ticket was (1 day parkhopper). It scanned at $74., but I heard it should be $69. for a 10. savings, not a 5. savings. Anyone have any other info? I didn't buy it yet.

Frogberto
06-21-2006, 12:20 PM
FYI, the 1-Day SoCal ParkHopper can also be bought at Disneyland.com, and at the Main Entry Plaza Ticket Booths.

DarkBeer, as you posted before, isn't the $10 off the same discount that's being offered at Disneyland.com, or at the ticket booths, for California residents? Is there any advantage to the Vons discount then?

Seems like this would be the same discount either way. The advantage would be the much shorter lines at Vons.

Darkbeer
06-21-2006, 12:27 PM
First off, to mypupmickey, go to the area where there are the Gift Cards on the end of an aisle and look for a plastic sign in the shape of a Mickey head, you can also sometimes find the sign in the aisle where they also have the gift cards. As far as I know, the adult ParkHopper should still be $69.

And yes, Frogberto, there is no big benefit, VONS started to sell the tickets a day or two before the others, so at first, it was the place to go.

Now the big benefit, the lines are usually much shorter.

mypupmickey
06-21-2006, 12:37 PM
First off, to mypupmickey, go to the area where there are the Gift Cards on the end of an aisle and look for a plastic sign in the shape of a Mickey head, you can also sometimes find the sign in the aisle where they also have the gift cards. As far as I know, the adult ParkHopper should still be $69.

Thanks Darkbeer. Somehow I knew you'd respond! :) You're always there when we need you!
I picked up this card in the check out aisle, then I checked the gift card center. They didn't have an Adult 1 day parkhopper at the gift center (only a childs), and the one from the aisle is the one she scanned at 74. I didn't see the Mickey Head display, although I do recall seeing that in the past. I could look again, but maybe the 69. is no longer available.:confused:

mypupmickey
06-21-2006, 12:42 PM
By the way, the So Cal 1 day parkhopper price on disneyland.com is also $74, not 69. so maybe it did go up?

mypupmickey
06-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Confirmed by Darkbeer on another thread that the discount was changed this week to a savings of $5., not $10.
Here's the link to the thread he started:
(I'm not sure I'm doing this right, hope it works:)
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57857

Darkbeer
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
You did the correct thing, mypupmickey, I have been a bit busy, and should have done it myself yesterday......

Heck, where am I, watching the World Cup, at Disneyland taking photos, working, slepping, none of the above... YIKES!:eek: :fez:

Opus1guy
06-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Heck, where am I, watching the World Cup, at Disneyland taking photos, working, slepping, none of the above... YIKES!:eek: :fez:

What's the World Cup? That some sort of beer?

;)